Kinmunity 2.0 is currently in open beta. The site isn't 100% complete and there may be some bugs to iron out, but the general public is invited to register and help test!

Naia Okami

Looking to chat with other members? Click here to join our Discord server!

Message added by Naia Okami

I noticed there is no shoutbox. With a shoebox people can talk with others as a group and get to know each other better. Would this be a thing in the future?

We have a Discord server that handles that much better, as well as it being linked to your Kinmunity account.

It also has to be kept in mind that a shoutbox would be viewable to guests, which could potentially affect first impressions.

On 11/23/2018 at 3:55 PM, Mirath said:

It also has to be kept in mind that a shoutbox would be viewable to guests, which could potentially affect first impressions.

Last forum I used that had a shoutbox kept it hidden from guests, making it viewable by guests seems really odd to me.

On 11/23/2018 at 12:56 AM, Eersian said:

I noticed there is no shoutbox. With a shoebox people can talk with others as a group and get to know each other better. Would this be a thing in the future?

We have a Discord server for this purpose. Discord is more powerful than a shoutbox and also allows voice chat. Additionally, it can be better utilized on mobile devices. You can access the Discord server by clicking on this link and associating your Discord account with your Kinmunity account.

1 hour ago, Lethal Teapot said:

Last forum I used that had a shoutbox kept it hidden from guests, making it viewable by guests seems really odd to me.

While it is possible to hide a shoutbox and make it only available to members, whenever a Shoutbox is present on a forum, it tends to decrease posting activity. We feel our solution, to have a Discord server, meets the needs of anyone wishing to chat with other users.