AshenFall

Myers-Briggs Test

AshenFall    406

So I found this neat and pretty accurate online test. Not sure how many of you are familiar with it, but it tells you which of the 16 personality types (based on the myers-briggs test) you fit into and what that says about you. Thought it'd be fun to see how similar/different we all are here!

Free personality test | 16Personalities

My own result is: INFP-T (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Prospecting, Turbulent)

Which is terrifyingly accurate. O__O

Guest Seraphyna   
Guest Seraphyna

I always come back INTJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging)...and I'm far too lazy to take it again for the extra letter :p

kiror    349

Interesting... It's the second time I take this test and it's the second different result I get.

1st time: ISTJ-T Personality (“The Logistician”) (3 or 4 months ago)

2nd time: ISFJ-T Personality (“The Defender”) (today)

Differences:

1st: Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Judging, Turbulent
2nd: Introverted, Sensing, Feeling,  Judging, Turbulent

Hibiscus    20

I've taken this test several times and have consistently scored INFP (Introvert, iNuitive, Feeling, Perceiving) My NF is probably the most prominent, with the Introvert being nearly borderline. I am still fundamentally an introvert, though I have some extrovert tendencies.

Anyhow, it's a fun way to approach my own human behavior at least!

Quxyun    132

I always get INTJ-A. It is odd though, according to the largest poll of MBTI types, that is the rarest one at about 2% of the population.

100% introverted, 100% intuitive, 85% thinking, 75% judging, and 100% assertive. Well that was decisive. These always bug me because they are very accurate to what I am, according to this webpage, "Quick, imaginative and strategic mind, High self-confidence, Independent and decisive, Hard working and determined, Open minded, Jack of all trades. But they are also arrogant, judgmental, overly-analytical, loathe highly structured environments and clueless in romance." Being aromantic, I have no problem with that last one, and oddly enough, none of the other ones. I know that I am all of those things, especially the negative ones, I have reason to be.

Cipher    289

Yet another INFP-T! I've taken this test multiple times now over long periods of time, and I believe I'm at the age where I can say with confidence that my personality is stable and probably not going to change any more. The IN part of the acronym are my two strongest points, both majorly overwhelming the opposing side. The FP side seems to have a balance of both; there's a definitive slant to that side, but not to the extent of my introversion and intuitive factors.

I'm one of the people for whom this test is 100% accurate in its description, down to tiny details of strengths and weaknesses.

Zen'akufuni    35

Oh, hey! This site. I posted this on another kin forum a while ago. It's the best site relating to the MBTI that I've found to date. As a Jungian, I am a firm believer in it, so long as it is applied properly. :smilewolf:

I'm a proud ENFJ. Almost everything explained on that site fits me to a T, especially the relationships section. It's interesting how accurate it is for me. It's almost creepy. :surprisewolf:

Oh, I'm also 100% Turbulent, likely due to being plural and having PTSD. Blah. :sadwolf:

One thing I do find interesting is that almost all kin I have seen take this end up with an Introverted personality. I'm one of the rare Extroverted kin, I suppose. I wonder if this is due to being on the Internet, where introverts may be more prone to gather (just guessing on this), or if it really is more of a kin thing. Hmm. Any thoughts on this?

Addendum: Hmm. I didn't even think of taking this from the headmates' points of view. Perhaps I should try that.

Rock Light    2
One thing I do find interesting is that almost all kin I have seen take this end up with an Introverted personality. I'm one of the rare Extroverted kin, I suppose. I wonder if this is due to being on the Internet, where introverts may be more prone to gather (just guessing on this), or if it really is more of a kin thing. Hmm. Any thoughts on this?

Haha,same! I was like,why is everyone introverted? ENFP-T here.

Cipher    289
I wonder if this is due to being on the Internet, where introverts may be more prone to gather (just guessing on this)

I imagine that has a lot to do with it, if anything. You're more likely to find introverts especially on small internet forums, simply because they're small and don't involve actually being around people in real life.

kiror    349

Another two different results...

2nd time: ISFJ-T Personality (“The Defender”) (today, morning)

3rd time: ISFJ-A Personality (“The Defender”) (today, 6 hours later)

4th time: ISTJ-A Personality (“The Logistician”) (today, 5 minutes later)(most recent)

I answered honestly to the test every time I took it.

o_O Does it looks kind of imprecise, or am I constantly changing? It's just... strange :confused:

[spoiler=Acronyms]

I: Introverted

S: Sensing

T: Thinking

F: Feeling

J: Judging

T: Turbulent

A: Assertive

Susimieli    0

INTP-T (The Logician)

Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Prospecting, Turbulent

I always get this result. It does fit me actually really well. Which, I don't know, is a good thing or not.

Zen'akufuni    35
I imagine that has a lot to do with it, if anything. You're more likely to find introverts especially on small internet forums, simply because they're small and don't involve actually being around people in real life.

From what I understand, extroverted vs. introverted isn't so much about how social one is, but rather about how they observe, relate, and process information. I don't really seek out large groups of people, and I'm perfectly happy spending most of my time alone, but I'm still an Extrovert. That's because Extroverts tend to look to things external to them to give their life meaning, whereas Introverts look inside of themselves. For instance, I do a great deal of thinking, I'm in my headspace quite often, but my goals and dreams have to do with the external world. I might not want to go to parties and such, but I build my life around helping other people. I want to somehow leave my mark on the world, to do something that makes a difference in the lives of as many people as possible. That doesn't mean I want to be around all those people, or even know them at all; it's just how I derive meaning from things. It's like I'm semi-misanthropic, but I acknowledge that we have a great deal of potential and the chance to become better. The only logical thing for me to do is try to be a part of that progress. I hope I'm explaining this properly...

4th time: ISTJ-A Personality (“The Logistician”) (today, 5 minutes later)(most recent)

o_O Does it looks kind of imprecise, or am I constantly changing? It's just... strange :confused:

Some people are just on the very cusp of certain traits. If you take it again, take note of the percentages (assuming this site lists them; it's been a while). My guess is that you are right within the margin of error for Thinking and Feeling, so that is why you have this variation. The same is likely true for Assertiveness and Turbulence (these are new traits that this site came up with, so don't place too much emphasis on them). Notice how you are consistently Introverted, Sensing, and Judging. The only real variable is the third trait. It doesn't mean that anything is wrong with you. You likely embody a mixture of qualities from both ISFJ and ISTJ.

Cipher    289

[spoiler=Acronyms]

I: Introverted

S: Sensing

T: Thinking

F: Feeling

J: Judging

T: Turbulent

A: Assertive

Agreeing with the previous reply to you on this point--the first time I took the test, I was able to take the more traditional test included in a book about the whole thing, and got to see how the answers were scored. I was on the line between ENFP and INFP, and I'm assuming that's because I'm more extroverted around extremely close friends, but introverted around everyone else. You probably have qualities of both types, but there might be one you definitively lean towards, so read both ISFJ and ISTJ carefully and think about which traits of yours might have landed you on the line.

From what I understand, extroverted vs. introverted isn't so much about how social one is, but rather about how they observe, relate, and process information.

I simplify by saying "social." Yes, how they process information is a major part of it, but another element of that is that extroverted people become energized in the presence of those external sources, while introverted people are energized by their inner thoughts and not being around a bunch of exciting external influences; which generally tends to translate as more social v. less social, although I agree it's more complicated than that.

Zen'akufuni    35
I simplify by saying "social." Yes, how they process information is a major part of it, but another element of that is that extroverted people become energized in the presence of those external sources, while introverted people are energized by their inner thoughts and not being around a bunch of exciting external influences; which generally tends to translate as more social v. less social, although I agree it's more complicated than that.

Ah, that is correct. I forgot about the energized aspect. Perhaps I'm just weird, but I don't feel energized in either direction enough to prefer one or the other for that reason. I can become happier when I'm around happy people, which is energy in a way, but I can just as easily become depressed around miserable people, which drains me. Overall, socializing is stressful for me, largely because it causes intense (social) anxiety, but I don't think that is related to being extroverted or introverted. Being alone is easier, but I tend to become depressed and upset when I think too deeply about the philosophical meaning of things, as I often come to very unfortunate conclusions. Having Gazen always whispering in my ear does not help. I suppose I'm just some oddball atypical case.

What I do remember is that when I've been able to express my kinship openly, I did become highly energized and more prone to positive shifts, but I haven't felt comfortable enough around anyone to experience that in a very long time.

Cipher    289

@Zen&\#039;akufuni Nah, that makes sense. Introversion/extroversion is on a sliding scale, so I'm sure it's completely natural to being more moderate in how you feel about that kind of thing.

I haven't experienced any mental shifts, but I'm under the impression that my kinself has a personality type close to my own, although even more introverted, so that's no help.

Sekhmet    5

I got:

I - 25%

N - 44%

F - 16%

P - 20%

T - 6%

That's the highest percentage of introversion I've ever gotten. I'm usually just a few percentage points in one direction or the other. The description from this website is pretty accurate:

"INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration."

I'll keep reading through this, it's really interesting.