Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Smooth Jazz Mann

The Banach-Tarski Paradox

Basically, the Banach-Tarski Paradox proves that it is theoretically possible to decompose a sphere into six parts, then put the parts back together into two new sphere that are identical to the original.

[media]

[/media]

I remember watching a video about this paradox, and it does sound rather interesting. Although, I should probably watch it again considering I was half asleep and distracted while I was watching it the first time... :P

Interesting paradox. The reason it will not work in the physical world, is because matter has a smallest form and cannot be divided anymore, where as numbers can be infinitely small and you can still divide the smallest number in half. Simply put: An infinite data-set will contain itself.

Interesting. I doubt this could actually be applied in the real world, but if we're wrong and it actually can be applied to the real world, I, personally, would love to see what pops up and where that could take us.