Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Spiritual Hunters

I'm not...

90 posts in this topic

Inspired by this thread here. Simply put "I'm a therian/otherkin/multiple/etc. but I'm not ____". I figured it would be something interesting to get on the forum.

I'll start!

I'm a polymorph but I'm not a 'special snowflake'.

~Jessie

(Changeling / Shifter)

I'm anything, but I'm not everything.

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to say that for some completely unrelated reason.

I'm otherkin but I'm not autistic.

(Not meant to offend anyone with autism, I just hate it when people call people in the otherkin community autistic for no reason)

I'm a wolf therian, but I am not the alpha of a pack, nor am I in a pack.

I'm otherkin but I'm not autistic.

(Not meant to offend anyone with autism, I just hate it when people call people in the otherkin community autistic for no reason)

I know you didn't mean it this way, but acknowledging someone's negative portrayal of autism can still come off as somewhat offensive. While they shouldn't be saying that (because of its implication toward those who are neuroatypical, not otherkin), would it be a horrible thing if we all were? High-functioning autism (i.e. Asperger's, etc.) makes people different, not bad. It isn't something that one should be glad that they aren't. I'm only saying this so that you can consider how this might still be hurtful to those of us who are autistic, even though you might not mean it that way. :sadwolf:

For instance: I am autistic, but I am not defective.

For the purposes of the topic: We are plural, but we are not Sybil.

I know you didn't mean it this way, but acknowledging someone's negative portrayal of autism can still come off as somewhat offensive. While they shouldn't be saying that (because of its implication toward those who are neuroatypical, not otherkin), would it be a horrible thing if we all were? High-functioning autism (i.e. Asperger's, etc.) makes people different, not bad. It isn't something that one should be glad that they aren't. I'm only saying this so that you can consider how this might still be hurtful to those of us who are autistic, even though you might not mean it that way. :sadwolf:

For instance: I am autistic, but I am not defective.

For the purposes of the topic: We are plural, but we are not Sybil.

Sorry, I am almost always extremely unclear in what I say. I don't believe autism is bad in the slightest. In fact, one of my best friends and probably the greatest person I've ever met in my life has autism. I'm just saying that I hate it when people use autism to try to insult people. When someone calls people from the otherkin community autistic, they're trying to offend and it really pisses me off because your right, autism is not bad, it's just 'different' (what is different) and a lot of people don't understand this. I'm really sorry if my terrible excuse for trying to explain things has offended you in any way, it was not my intention, I love you, your wonderful.

In the meantime, I'm going to add a different one. I'm dragonkin, but Im not a firebreather and I don't like heat.

I am a fictionkin but I am not a fan of my source (nor have I even played it ever).

- Cavern-Risen (female, garou)

---

I am a cervine cladotherian yet I am not veterinarian.

- Pantairin (female, cervine)

Well, while I am reminded of it, dearies...

I am fictive, yet I do not believe I ever literally existed within the source material. This is simply a form which I take. -Sebastian (male, sylveon)