Gryneos

Golden Age Comics (in the public domain)

Gryneos    159

I don't know how many here will be interested in this kind of thing, but this site, The Digital Comic Museum, has collected a huge catalog of old (ancient) comics from even before my time!

Even so, there are plenty worth reading, though it can be a crapshoot; most of the art isn't up to today's standards. Plus, being public domain, don't expect to see anything by Marvel or DC. Like Disney, they renew their copyrights in perpetuity. But you will find some classics (The Spirit by Will Eisner, for example) as well as some great pulp covers :)

• High Quality 1

Gryneos    159

I don't recognize most of them either. There was one comic, that while not all that great story or art-wise, was about a centaur. Published by "Centaur Publishing" (which focused mostly on crime-dramas and superhero comics) they also had "Speed Centaur." They're difficult to locate mostly because not all have covers with Speed, and are sometimes in collections that seem totally unrelated to his series.

This page is from "Amazing Mystery Funnies" #19

1448351310057.jpg

Gryneos    159

I am 'resurrecting' this because I thought some newer members who don't dig deep might have missed it, and because it's my thread :p

Also, I wanted to add some other sites that have similar archives:

Comic Book +

I thought there was another, but was mistaken (was remembering a new copy of a formerly missing issue with Speed Centaur as if it were on a new and previously unknown comics archive.)

• High Quality 1

Gryff    428

Ooh, seems cool. I might have to take a look. I do like stories about super heroes, and about centaurs :-)

Gryneos    159
On 7/10/2017 at 7:34 PM, Gryff said:

Ooh, seems cool. I might have to take a look. I do like stories about super heroes, and about centaurs :-)

Well, I do have the one centaur-superhero bookmarked somewhere ("Speed Centaur") so I'll have to post the link for you :)

Okay, I found the link, but it's a search on Speed Centaur at the site Comic Book +. Plus, if you want to download the copies, you'll have to get an account at the archive. They're free, and it's worth being able to have copies.

Edited by Gryneos

Gryneos    159

Here's another one with centaurs in it, @Gryff, Captain Tootsie #2. It's a weird one, but it's also more of a kids' comic, so pretty simplistic overall.

I'm going through the ones I've downloaded, and will link them as I find them again. Such as Frankenstein #10, a 'funny' comic :)

I know there are a few with satyrs, but haven't yet found any fauns.