Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Skylark

implemented
Pronouns in site functions

Let me preface this by saying this is super trivial, and I'm sorry for that.

I was noticing just now that when someone you follow posts to their blog, it says "posted to his/her blog." Is it possible to change his/her to "their," to be more inclusive/less clunky?

As long as it isn't "it's", I don't see a problem with that, I quite like it

I was actually thinking about this, too. Another idea I had is that preferred pronouns could be listed underneath Primary Identity under each user's avatar and banners. It wouldn't take up too much space (same font size as Primary Identity), and it would be useful for those who aren't sure what to call people who they don't know well. Otherwise, one must go deep into the profile of each member, in order to find out. I think this might help to make members more comfortable when conversing with others.

Yeah! I'm really on-board with that, even though it isn't what I was initially recommending - we can throw it into the stew of Pronoun Stuff - it would help a lot and it's been super beneficial in other places I've been.

With the source code, it's easier to see what message you're talking about...

grep -Ri 'his/her' 'Better Blogs Free 1.0.38b'/

Better Blogs Free 1.0.38b/xfa_blogs/xfa_blogs_1.0.38.xml:
<phrase title="x_posted_a_new_entry_in_blog" version_id="100" version_string="1.0.0">
   <![CDATA[{username} posted a new entry in his/her blog]]>
</phrase>

Better Blogs Free 1.0.38b/xfa_blogs/upload/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/xfa_blogs_1.0.38.xml:
<phrase title="x_posted_a_new_entry_in_blog" version_id="100" version_string="1.0.0">
</phrase>

Changing that static text is kind of easy:

would become

<![CDATA[{username} posted a new blog entry]]>

This is a very simple matter of changing the language strings, and is being implemented slowly throughout the site.