Dinocanid

otherkin as a primary identity

Dinocanid    26

I've been wondering why this hasn't really been implemented. They have specific identities like draconic and therian/were, but i have several kintypes so just choosing one would kind of leave out the others. It's not a huge deal, since i've just chosen the other option, but i felt like pointing this out.

kiror    354

We're in an otherkin website. I assume that all users that did not set their primary identity as "Human/Non-Kin" are, somehow, otherkin.Actually, the instructions are:

Captura de tela_2015-11-28_13-46-39.png

i have several kintypes so just choosing one would kind of leave out the others
I think that the option "Polykin" could be added.About allowing multiple selection (changing the field type from "Drop down selection" to "Check boxes"), this would require changing a lot of code:

s:9:"kidentity";s:3:"oth";

Would become:

s:9:"kidentity";a:1:{s:3:"oth";s:3:"oth";};

Then you could change it to:

s:9:"kidentity";a:2:{s:3:"dra";s:3:"dra";s:3:"the";s:3:"the";};

The way it is, the primary identity is stored as a string in a serialized array under the the table xf_user_profile, column custom_fields. After the change, the field would become an array of strings in a serialized array under the the table xf_user_profile. I think this change would break with some of existent add-ons that are currently running on this website.

58f0343ec4489_Capturadetela_2015-11-28_13-46-39.png.44b7ca784e552412d70e82f96a04384c.png