Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Dinocanid

implemented
otherkin as a primary identity

I've been wondering why this hasn't really been implemented. They have specific identities like draconic and therian/were, but i have several kintypes so just choosing one would kind of leave out the others. It's not a huge deal, since i've just chosen the other option, but i felt like pointing this out.

We're in an otherkin website. I assume that all users that did not set their primary identity as "Human/Non-Kin" are, somehow, otherkin.Actually, the instructions are:

Captura de tela_2015-11-28_13-46-39.png

i have several kintypes so just choosing one would kind of leave out the others
I think that the option "Polykin" could be added.About allowing multiple selection (changing the field type from "Drop down selection" to "Check boxes"), this would require changing a lot of code:

s:9:"kidentity";s:3:"oth";

Would become:

s:9:"kidentity";a:1:{s:3:"oth";s:3:"oth";};

Then you could change it to:

s:9:"kidentity";a:2:{s:3:"dra";s:3:"dra";s:3:"the";s:3:"the";};

The way it is, the primary identity is stored as a string in a serialized array under the the table xf_user_profile, column custom_fields. After the change, the field would become an array of strings in a serialized array under the the table xf_user_profile. I think this change would break with some of existent add-ons that are currently running on this website.

58f0343ec4489_Capturadetela_2015-11-28_13-46-39.png.44b7ca784e552412d70e82f96a04384c.png

I never mentioned making multiple selections, but i do think polykin should be added at least.