A kinmunity App? - ūüí° ‚Äč‚Äč‚ÄčSuggestion Box - Kinmunity Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I feel like a kinmunity app would be very helpfull and would make it easier to post on here and be more active online on mobile phones

Edited by Otterdragonwolfie
Typo

Share this post


Link to post

I think there is one


come with me catch a heffalump, sit with me on a muddy clump, we'll sing a song of days gone by

run along now dont be glum, get yee gone now have some fun

dont be long for the end is nigh

Share this post


Link to post

There used to be an iPhone and Android App. I'll consider.


Naia "Shiro" ŇĆkami (keybase)
Site Administrator & Founder

 

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

 

Share this post


Link to post

‚ÄĘHmmm, maintaining an app can be a lot of work and money, and not to mention there is the chance of a downfall to all the work that has been put into one. I would suggest doing a lot of thinking on it, as there is more to expansion and reputation than just making more platforms. Having an app could also give more notice to trolls and unwanted people trying to get into the system, even if there is a passcode lock. It is something to think about for sure, however in my opinion, having¬†a web platform maintains some sort of traditional ideal of online interactions between the otherkin community, as well as provides some better form of security, as well as less liability to Apple‚Äôs strict rules and terms....¬†

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, LunastreDraconis said:

Having an app could also give more notice to trolls and unwanted people trying to get into the system, even if there is a passcode lock.

We would be able to block individual devices from accessing our application, if need be.

3 hours ago, LunastreDraconis said:

having a web platform maintains some sort of traditional ideal of online interactions between the otherkin community, as well as provides some better form of security, as well as less liability to Apple’s strict rules and terms.... 

An application would just be a front end to the site, that utilizes its existing API. There is no loss here in terms of security.


Naia "Shiro" ŇĆkami (keybase)
Site Administrator & Founder

 

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

 

Share this post


Link to post

I’m not a fan of the idea of an app. Especially because a parent of a non open  other kin, Therian, etc., might find it. But, as long as the website will still be running as well, I guess it’d be fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Canine99 said:

I’m not a fan of the idea of an app. Especially because a parent of a non open  other kin, Therian, etc., might find it. But, as long as the website will still be running as well, I guess it’d be fine. 

 i get that, but i think if someone has strict parents that look on their phone the parents would still be able to see kinmunity in the history or frequently visited webpages even if there wasnt an app wouldnt they?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Otterdragonwolfie said:

 i get that, but i think if someone has strict parents that look on their phone the parents would still be able to see kinmunity in the history or frequently visited webpages even if there wasnt an app wouldnt they?

Not if they  cleared their history or they use private browsing mode like I do. 

Edited by Canine99

Share this post


Link to post

If someone doesn't want their parents to know that they're otherkin, isn't the solution not to download the app? You should be able to keep using Kinmunity the way that you always have, I don't think I've ever seen an app entirely replace the mobile website.

  • Like 1

Dragon/Spirit - AMA Thread

Share this post


Link to post

The mobile website would always work, correct.

 

  • Like 1

Naia "Shiro" ŇĆkami (keybase)
Site Administrator & Founder

 

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Otterdragonwolfie said:

 i get that, but i think if someone has strict parents that look on their phone the parents would still be able to see kinmunity in the history or frequently visited webpages even if there wasnt an app wouldnt they?

Well, I guess It’d be fine if only an open kin got the app. 

Share this post


Link to post

I think I wouldn't use an App. If I'm using a smartphone, it's usually only for reading. But even that is rare and can be done with the web version. Tbh I don't know what exact advantage an app would have over the web version. But maybe I'm just a bit old-school, haha.


Western Guardian Dragon

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Amber said:

I think I wouldn't use an App. If I'm using a smartphone, it's usually only for reading. But even that is rare and can be done with the web version. Tbh I don't know what exact advantage an app would have over the web version. But maybe I'm just a bit old-school, haha.

I just think apps are more convenient and less annoying to get to and navigate on my phone \: and the browser on my phone likes to sometimes close all my tabs so that's also part of why I like apps better lol

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Amber said:

Tbh I don't know what exact advantage an app would have over the web version.

Namely, push notifications and an interface more designed for touch. Our mobile site works great, but an app would be even more fine tuned for mobile


Naia "Shiro" ŇĆkami (keybase)
Site Administrator & Founder

 

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...