Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Lavrii

Funny Things You Did as A Kid

This is almost like the other kid thread. When you were a little kid, What was the craziest/funniest/outrageous things you have done?

For me, I now have to admit I frequently ate out of a dog bowl, and drank out of one. I nudged my grandma to place me into the dog fence, place my food into the bowl, and I would eat it like a dog would. I also would try to half five her hand, and shake her hand. Basically every single thing that a dog would do.

I just had to share this because I never knew I did this when I was little. I don't remember a single moment of this. My grandma just told me about this right before thanksgiving. ^-^

I filled plastic bags with water and tide a knot on it, it would become the tail cause the plastic bag was a puppy, they did break easily tho.. leaking water everywhere, I just made new puppies, my parents weren't too happy about it.

My sister and I used to do heaps of weird and stupid things lol. Two things in particular come to mind.

1. We used to put pieces of paper on our bedroom floor and then turn the lights off and run around so we slipped on the paper.
  2. We used to put pillows over our faces and run into our bedroom walls.

We were...strange...children, to say the least. I think this probably came about due to being given a bit too much personal freedom by our parents (they didn't really care what we did as long as we didn't hurt each other, break anything, or make too much noise). Those were fun days haha.

My siblings and I put a cheerleading mat on the stairs, cover it in a sheet and slide at full speed into a wall. Another thing we do is jump from one of our lower roofs onto the trampoline and see who can bounce the highest.

...Now that I write this out we aren't the safest children....

Me and my sister took a bunch of A4 white papers and taped it together and formed one life size human each, we used crayons to draw the face, hands and clothes, we later taped the human paper thing on the wall, parents weren't too happy about it.

When I was with a friend, we were playing cooking. My friend was acting as if she was putting coffee creamer on a teapot with water. The coffee creamer wasn't closed properly so at least half of it fell on the teapot and the floor. We replaced the water with tap water, but tap water here in Mexico isn't as safe as tap water from the U.S. I am glad no one got sick after drinking the water, since my parents boiled it to make coffee.

Hmm... Not really sure that this is funny, but when I was just a kid, I used to go fishing for crawdads in the irrigation ditch in my backyard.

I ate bugs, cussed a lot, licked the swingset, climbed on everyone and everything and also convinced other kids to run into the street and try to avoid being hit by cars. If they didn't do it, Id scrape my knee on the sidewalk on purpose and tell their moms they pushed me. Only caused one accident, that's when I stopped doing it.

I was six or seven at the time, I can't remember.

The ever classic sit in a cardboard box and ride it down the stairs

I drank a small bottle of cherry medicine for coughs. And soap for making bubbles. When my parents would go to bed, my brother and I would get out of bed and play and get back in when we heard our parents move, like they would believe we were sleeping if we were fast enough even though we'd been laughing a few seconds ago. I also made up games where my siblings and I were wizards at Hogwarts. We had pencils for wands and bathrobes for capes and we played Quidditch in our pool. :D

I climbed up a tree once when I was 5 or so and my overall strap got stuck on a branch, I was crying for help and just hanging off of it, haha. I barely remember that, but I was definitely reminded. I loved climbing trees too much.

We were camping, I took a hat full of ice because it was hot out, dumped it on my head, and ran around screaming because of how cold it was. I was like 7 or so.

I used to make completely inedible "stews" consisting of ketchup, mustard, various condiments from the fridge, pieces of bread, and other ingredients, and then dumped it outside for no reason. It didn't last for long, thankfully! I had a weird phase where I thought that was too fun for some reason.

I took an egg from the fridge when I was 10 and laid on it in my bed, pretending to hatch it. It was hidden under my pillow for a while, thankfully it didn't get rotten!

[PLURALSYS=Emily]I climbed in a box once and got stuck, does that count? It was a really small box![/PLURALSYS]

I used to run around on all fours and pretend to be a dragon. And roar at people sometimes. I was 8 or 9 at the time, so not even small enough for it to not be embarrassing in hindsight... and I'm not even a dragon. :P

And I used to catch bugs as "pets". They always died, but I kept doing it anyway. I just had a massive collection of insects in my room in little tubs. Once I even kept a "pet" leech in a dish, and kept wondering how I was going to feed it. I considered sticking it to one of my brothers while they slept, but I didn't want it to get squished. Then one of my parents flushed it down the toilet while I was at school. RIP.

Oh, and for some reason I really liked to dig? I remember one time when I went to the beach with some friends, I spent the entire time just digging a huge hole. Big enough for me to sit in and not have my head poking over the top. Idk. I was a strange child.

I used to put a bunch of blankets at the bottom of the stairs and see how far I could jump without getting hurt.

I also used to go in my kitchen and combine random things hoping something would happen.

I had an imaginary friend named Loui and we used to do a lot of crazy things together...

Like one time we were having a tea party and I was teaching him something that my original godfather taught me; that's when my mom first found out about Loui....

Not really "outrageous," but I used to like to do this funny gesture where I would take a finger and pull down my lower eyelid. Or both, sometimes. I don't remember why exactly I did it, but I stopped after a while because everyone was like "stop it, that's weird!"

There used to be a huge black and yellow spider on the side of a house I lived in. Despite being normally afraid of spiders (back then), I liked this one, and visited it every day.

I sat in baskets. I loved baskets.

I would always go out and dig. There were so many rocks, and it was a sort of clay soil. It was hard to dig.

I liked to mix a bunch of random ingredients together to make nasty soup (seems to be a common one!). Just to see what would happen if I combined different things. I also liked to gather a bunch of yard plants (clovers, grass, dandelions, tiny blue flowers, grape hyacinths, and deadnettle) and grind them up into a fine paste with rocks. Then I would smear the paste all over my face and arms. (Also, thanks google for telling me the names of yard plants I've always known about, but never named.)

Posted (edited)

I used to fly plastic bags as kites. Tie some string to the handles and away you go~

They actually flew much better then the real kites I had.

I liked to be in small spaces. My bed was raised up with some drawers under it and I'd clamber in behind the drawers and squeeze myself into the little space back there.

I also liked to spend time under the coffee table, or behind the sofa, or basically any small space I could crawl into. I liked small spaces.

And I used to sleep in about 1/3 of my bed, I'd block the rest off with a wall of pillows/blankets and curl myself into a tiny ball down one end. The smaller I could get it the better.

And I used to eat grass and clover and flower petals pretending I was a rabbit.

Edited by

When my family went to my aunt and uncle's old house, my brother, cousin (she's our age), and I would take turns using a sleeping bag as a sled down the stairs.

Needless to say we would bruise our bums every time.

Posted (edited)

Not particularly funny but I had some antics...

Taking the presence of the Road Runner sticker on my grandpa's van as a cue, I would point at the sticker for a bit and then run off into the (somewhat busy!!) street.

I used to eat ants I found. I would swallow them whole. I stopped after chewing one up and noticing that it tasted weird.

I was the master of fake crying, too. In the playpin and didn't want to be? Fake tears every time. When finally picked up, I would squirm to get down and run away.

I also liked to steal my grandpa's harmonica and when he wanted it back, I'd throw it to the ground hard enough to break it (not severely, it was easily fixed).

I was an ass as a kid.

Edited by

My old house used to have a lot of woodlice. I kept "pet" ones in a little plastic tub.

One time I was sent upstairs to my room and I didn't want to be up there, so I told my parents there was a bee in my room. When they didn't listen, I told them that it had stung me.

Posted (edited)

I had convinced my entire grade 4 class that I would mentally transform into random animals and dinosaurs if I got bumped on the head. So they would spend recesses bopping me on the head and running away when I "turned into" velociraptors, lions, wolves, elephants, etc. and chased them. But they wouldn't bop me on the head to "turn me back into a human" when the bell rang for the end of recess, so they eventually figured it out. XD

I also ate bugs, ran around on all fours, and kept frogs, snakes, newts, and salamanders as pets.

Edited by

OH another one

I didn't eat school lunches in 3rd grade because they were nasty. But I couldn't bring my lunch because we couldn't afford it. So I ate the bread crusts from sandwiches that people who could afford to bring their lunch were eating. We had a deal, they didn't like their bread crusts and I didn't like the school lunch, so we traded. I ate bread crusts and milk for a year. Why I thought that was a good deal, I have no idea.

Every time I came back home from kindergarten, I'd sit under our dinner table and peel the paint off our wall. It went on for years, no matter how many times I've been asked to stop. At some level I had to stand behind the table, and then on top of it. I peeled half a wall's height worth of paint. I was around 3-5 years old.

I've had a bunch of imaginary friends when I was in fifth grade. I'm not talking about one or two, I'm talking about fifteen. We would go to this creepy warehouse built from an illegal dangerous material and play Eurovision. I'd stay there noon to evening, singing from the top of my lungs and talking to imaginary people.

Because I live in Israel, people here are a bit touchy-feely about holocaust day and they have every right to be! But I loved that day. I was 10 and I begged to hear more about the murder methods and the experiments on humans and how they made soaps from the ashes. This is the real twisted one. Oh my god.

When I was very little, we had green carpet in one room. I dragged the garden hose inside because I thought the green carpet needed to be watered like grass. They found me in there having fun and stomping in the puddles. It was really lucky that I didn't water any of the electrical outlets.

I rescued my kindergarten class from a snake that was in the sandbox, or possibly rescued the snake from them. I picked it up and carried it to the edge of the yard and let it go under some trees. I was very disappointed when the teacher made us go inside anyway even though I fixed the problem.

I also remember eating dog food, and sliding down my cousin's staircase in a pillowcase.

And my Mom said I went through a phase where I would only eat things that were red. She said she had to resort to food coloring. That may have led to the strawberry thieving incident when I was about two. They wondered why none of the strawberries in the garden were getting ripe.

Also, my older sister would take me with her on dates she wasn't allowed to be on.

I must have had fun as a kid!