Mirath

Favorite Animal(s)?

Mirath    284

So, we've had favourites from food to crystals, so what about something a bit closer to home?

Animals

Heh, hopefully I don't need to explain that your favorite animal can be something other than your kintype?

Now, I love the hell out of the Pied Wagtail (a small grey/black/white bird with a long tail), because they just look beautiful and the way their tails wag when they hop around.

And we found out earlier today that Hennessey likes hedgehogs

• High Quality 1

Allos    94

Dragons do happen to be one of my favourite animals unsurprisingly anyway hehe. I do like crocodilians a lot and theropod dinosaurs, especially the raptors, those cute killing machines.

I have to say I have a huge soft spot for porcupine and puffer fish though, they're like the most adorable things ever to me. Have a bunch of plushies and even some taxidermy.

Nod    0

I think my favorite animal would have to be an extinct one, the Andrewsarchus. Never really figured out why I'm so passionate about it. But I find the critter to be exceptionally cool.

All right, I'll admit, I'm one of those people who absolutely loves foxes. I know, it's such a common favorite animal, but you said ANIMAL, not mythical creature.

If you said mythical creature I'd have to say it's a tie between dragon and phoenix.

• High Quality 1

Adaire    10

I have a long list since animals are so adorable! You could say I'm like the Mundane version of Flidais! Anyways, my favorite animals (I do see them as equal and my friends) are the following.

• Hummingbirds
  • Deer/stags
  • birds in general
  • foxes
  • tigers
  • snakes
  • bison

Oh dear, this is a hard one. I love animals so much and its challenging for me to pick favorites. But I definitely have to say that snakes (all kinds) are definitely up there. I love the way they move and the way they taste the air and how ball pythons just look so adorably clueless all the time. I also have a strong liking for Manta Rays, Sting Rays, anything that looks like a pair of swimming rubber wings. I love watching them swim, they're so graceful. One more that I'll add is elephants. They're just too adorable.

For mythical, undoubtedly I love dragons the most, but I also love kitsunes, phoenixes, and gryphons.

• High Quality 1

AppyHeart    113

As much as YES I do love horses..... I would say

GERMAN SHEPHERD!!!! <3 They are my soulmate companion wise. When I get my own place and can afford one I am getting the best baby boy EVER! and training him up right to be my personal assistant who is both helpful and sweet <3333

AshenFall    406

Pretty obviously, the snow leopard is my favourite animal, haha, no denying there. :p

However, in close second I have so many other animals I like. Snakes have always been a love of mine, alongside parrots, blackbirds, ravens and bats.

Tammikuu    66

Squid are one of my favourite animals, they fascinate me, I just love them!

Also wolves (obviously), thylacines, peregrine falcons, orca, sharks, hares, deer, geckos, hyenas, there are too many to list, I'm just an animal lover! Except bears I'm not fond of bears.

Roger    0

Maroon clownfish and ocelots for me, mostly because I find them beautiful. Mule deer aren't my favorite. They're actually pretty bulky and… brown. With huge ears. But clownfish and ocelots, man, there's something I just admire them for. :D

Ivy    4

Ahh, I love that pied wagtails got a mention! I love those things, the way they hop around and flick their tail makes me happy every time I see one.

Other than that, my favourite animal list includes small carnivorans like viverrids, martens, ringtails and red pandas, African wild dogs, moths, spiders (esp. tarantulas and jumping spiders), deer (mainly big stags and tiny things with fangs), dromaeosaurs, rats, pigeons, and opossums.

Rin    5

I do quite love cats, but I also adore ravens, crows, and rock pigeons. As well as other small birds, I'm very fond of the little round fluffy ones! And bleeding-heart doves. I really do love birds.

• High Quality 2

Amniota    10

Obviously, your kin-type isn't necissarily going to be your favorite animal. But then there are some therians/otherkin who do have a kintype that is their favorite or one of their favorites!

What are your favorite animals? Do they have anything to do with your kintype?

For fictionkin, what are your favorite characters? Is your kin one of them?

My kin is Velociraptor, and I've always liked dinosaurs, especially when I was younger(like most kids!). It was probably my favorite for a peeiod of time when I was a kid, but not so much anymore, even though I identify as one. My favorite animals now are definately American Kestrels, Orca whales, literally any kind of shark, and DRAGONS!

Guest Seraphyna   
Guest Seraphyna

Mantis shrimp, hands down. The only thing it has in common with my theriotypes is that it lives in the ocean and so does a shark...and it's as fierce as a lion ;)

Charias    340

Scorpions and spiders and wasps and beetles and moths and// continues -heartedness fuelled spiel ad infinitum

When I was a kid, my favourite animals were dinosaurs by far (yeah I was one of those crazy dino-obsessed kids), and my favourite living animals were crocodiles and komodo dragons because they look like dinosaurs. I also loved orcas solely because of the movie Free Willy. And I had a phase when I was ten or so where I was crazy about sharks. I can still name dozens of obscure shark species, thanks to that phase...

Right now, I couldn't pick a favourite animal. I love pretty much every animal out there. If I had to pick... maybe boa constrictor? Or reticulated python?

Funny enough, the one animal I never found interesting as a kid was wolves. I'd always skip over the wolf page in my (numerous) animal encyclopedias because "they're just big, wild dogs, right? Boooooring."

• High Quality 1

Khar    71

I'm a total narcissist, so my #1 favorite animal is a blue shark, my kintype, and my #2 favorite is a caracal, which I am other-hearted with. I also love the veined octopus and chambered nautilus. Those are 4 of the 5 I'm getting in my tattoo (the 5th being a mockingjay from the Hunger Games books). Favorite animals that aren't quite so high on the list include black-backed jackals and goitered gazelles.

• High Quality 1