Ariel

Ignoring sections

Ariel    11

There are several sections on this forum that don't interest me as much as the other ones. I always have to go into each of them and mark it read (or mark all forums read after I've read the ones that interest me). This gets annoying after a while, so I'd like an option to ignore a section so that new posts in it automatically get marked as read for me.

Guest Seraphyna   
Guest Seraphyna

I'm not sure that such a thing is possible. If certain sections hold no interest for you, why not just ignore them? Why the need to mark them read?

Ariel    11
I'm not sure that such a thing is possible. If certain sections hold no interest for you, why not just ignore them? Why the need to mark them read?

I'm an obsessive kind of person. The yellow icons that show up next to the names of sections that contain unread posts keep bugging me until I turn them white by marking those posts read. I can't be the only one like that around here, can I?

Telegdrian    13

I generally just use the New Posts function and can pick which posts to read. If you wanted, you could do that first and then use the Mark Forums Read to clean things up.

Silverwing    17

I open every new area that has been posted in to see if there is something with a title that catches my interest, close out the tabs and then mark everything as read once I am done. Easy and efficient, even if there are some threads I normally look at which has nothing for me at the time or vice versa. As for it being possible, I am on another forum that utilizes such a function; however, I do not know how they coded it in.

AshenFall    406

Hm, I'm all for this idea. Never even noticed it actually until I read this thread, but now I can see it I have the compulsion to check everything as read to make everything look... neat, I suppose is the word? I don't know, haha.

Skylark    17

I've honestly just been using Mark All As Read after I read what I want, but this would make it easier. I'm interested, but I wouldn't be terribly let down if it didn't or couldn't happen.