What's your D&D (or similar games) group like? - General Discussion - Kinmunity Jump to content

What's your D&D (or similar games) group like?

To those of you who play D&D or similar games I'm curious what kind of groups you've played in?

Do you have a group of friends you play with or did you join a group without initially knowing the other players? Do you meet up in person or do you play over the internet?

• Like 1

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up.”- Stephen Hawking

Kinmunity's Library | Our Staff Team | Help DocumentsSupport Requests

🍀

I have a few groups I used to play with (haven't in a while).
First I started playing with a friend group of which I already knew the others,
mainly from fantasy festivals. Then I found out that a local (board) game shop hosted
D&D game nights, I tried it a few times and that was with players I didn't know.

Edited by wildlife
  • Like 1

Scallion | Horse | Male

Currently I play with my best friends/neighbors. We are running a werewolf/Garou game after waffling back and forth forever and a day.
I have also played 5e Forgotten Realms with a group that I partly knew and partly did not know--but we all had the Known friends in common, so it wasn't entirely strangers.

I have never been to a public game night... sounds spooky but also neat!

• Like 1

I'm actually in 4 games right now, 3 of them as the DM. I play with my partner and 2 best friends in person. We have a homebrew fantasy/classic dnd campaign going (our longest running at almost 2 years now!), a bastardized version of Ravenloft, a Vampire the Masquerade game, and a Monster of the Week campaign my partner DMs. I've never been to a public group or online game before- my friends and I are way more interested in the roleplay and world building aspects rather than the stats and rules, so idk how joining a public group would go for us.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 12:12 AM, Robinet said:

I'm actually in 4 games right now, 3 of them as the DM. I play with my partner and 2 best friends in person. We have a homebrew fantasy/classic dnd campaign going (our longest running at almost 2 years now!), a bastardized version of Ravenloft, a Vampire the Masquerade game, and a Monster of the Week campaign my partner DMs. I've never been to a public group or online game before- my friends and I are way more interested in the roleplay and world building aspects rather than the stats and rules, so idk how joining a public group would go for us.

Sometimes it can be really disappointing when you find out that you are WAY into the world and rp and the rest of the table is just... "murder hobos" by their own words. My husband and I weren't part of that murder hobo group for very long lol! The world and rp is just so much fun!!! the stats are secondary to a good story for me.

Actually yes. Every Friday night I meet up with my group and we have around a 1 to 2 hour session. The group is really nice, the group helps us keep in touch and bonded.

Fur cold~Heart warm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arctic Wolf, Black Shuck, Harpy