Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

27 posts in this topic

I am so excited about this new movie! It is coming out March 4th and the furry community is in love. I am hoping there might be a bird anthro in there.

If you haven't seen the trailers yet...

[media]

[/media]

[media]

[/media]

[media]

[/media]

So, who else is excited?

Lol at the wolves :laughwolf: and that fox is just so smug, I love it! I'm looking forward to seeing this.

Several of us are really looking forward to this movie. It looks really cool and the story the trailers seem to be hinting at seems very interesting and likely hilarious.

- Yamir (male, wild horse)

Nice, might go see it myself. And what I mean by that I mean as in I'm just going to

wait if I can rent it on redbox because I'm broke and I can't just walk into theaters.

I'll definitely see it once I get the chance :p

I heard about this movie a while back and am extremely excited for it. I haven't seen the trailers yet (none were out when I first heard of it) but if there's a snow leopard in there I think I'll be even more excited, haha.

I'm so very excited for this movie! I'm excited for so many things this year! It's going to be awesome!

Oh my goodness I am excited.

I saw one of the first ads for it and my friend and I started making furry related jokes, haha

Wow! Good point on the bird! I think there is a pigeon though?

2016 is going to be the year of the furry. That said, I am looking forward to it, it might be funny.

Actually pretty excited for this movie, and all the others coming out soon. Gonna be a great year!

Just so I can share some more of my excitement, I found this at the movies

CYSbq4rUsAQydSq?format=pjpg&name=large

There were more animals but my dad didn't fit them all in the picture (oops)

Huh...I forgot I made this thread and then people started noticing it since it was one of the last posts made on the backup.

Well, I saw the movie a few weeks ago and it was amazing. Compared to other Disney films, this was probably the best one I saw in a while. It was very up to date with confronting social and politic issues, mostly to do with racism and being yourself. As an example of one moment was when an elephant refused to give ice cream to a fox because, he says as pulling out a sign, "We have the right to refuse service to anyone." Needless to say, my dad and I turned to each other, shocked, because we had just discussed that morning after watching the news how there is that law that a religious person can deny service to those who conflict with their beliefs. I even heard a few gasps and surprised comments from both kids and adults. The movie was also very good at tackling racism with the growing fear of predators because of just a select few individuals who acted out and a mislead conclusion.

Though most people had the whole thought this movie was just for furries, I think everyone needs to see this movie. It gives you one big new perspective of the world.

It's also hilarious. Being the oldest "kid" in the audience, I was worried it wouldn't be that great but oh god I laughed so hard I was crying for a good five minutes at one point. A group in front of us were laughing so hard that when we left the theater, they were still cracking up on the way to car. No matter what age you are, you will laugh.

And just to add, there were no bird anthros. It was entirely mammals which was a bit disappointing but I can understand. Mammals are the majority and designing birds to somehow have hands in an accurate way would be a bit hard.

I saw this movie a few weeks ago and loved it. I laughed, I cried, it moved me. :)

Would definitely recommend!

We also saw this movie a few weeks ago. The only thing we were bummed about was that we were unable to go see it with the other local furries as planned. (A bunch of local furries had talked about going to see it together, but some things happened and the local group didn't go as a group.)

However, the movie itself was amazing. Of course, the littles (young headmates) in our system LOVED it. What do you expect from kids, I guess? Of course the rest of us enjoyed it as well. It really was a good movie for all ages. It had a lot of good themes, good action, good funny moments, good moving moments, and a good message.

We're excited for when it comes out on DVD so we can watch it over and over again.

Also... someone has done a parody of "Try Everything" called "Buy Everything." It's hilarious - [media]

[/media]

- Miushra (female, prehistoric cheetah-like feline)

The only thing we were bummed about was that we were unable to go see it with the other local furries as planned. (A bunch of local furries had talked about going to see it together, but some things happened and the local group didn't go as a group.)

I was hoping I could go with some local furries, too! However, I don't know any and and those I did find that were going as open groups weren't nearby. Either way, I still had fun. I did spot a person in the audience who had a tail so you can say I wasn't entirely alone.

I need to see this movie! I'd heard about it before but I hadn't really paid much attention to it until Game Theory did an episode on it. It's not playing anywhere near me sadly, but I'll be snapping it up as soon as it's out on DVD.

I need to see this movie! I'd heard about it before but I hadn't really paid much attention to it until Game Theory did an episode on it. It's not playing anywhere near me sadly, but I'll be snapping it up as soon as it's out on DVD.

Oh we saw that video! It's very cool. Actually a lot of those kind of videos about the movie are rather that way.

The DVD is supposed to come out on June 7, 2016. Don't know if that is international release or just the US release, but that isn't too far away. We can't wait to get to watch it again.

- Lunatani (female, feral dog)

Having seen the movie now I have to say it is now one of my favourite movies of all time. The story was a hundred times better than I imagined and to be honest I thought it was really going to be one big furry thing (which I certainly wouldn't complain about) but it really had some good morals to the story and a well-thought out plot.

I have to admit there were a few times I broke down in tears, but far more times it really made me laugh and smile. It really was an emotional rollercoaster and went in depth about prejudice, stereotyping, racism (or, should I say speciesism) and how the "ideal city" is never as perfect as it looks on the surface. I won't go into detail because I don't want to give away any spoilers, but honestly, you need to see it.

It is 100% worth a watch.

I have just recently seen this movie and I have to say, it's really up there, as far as my most favorite movies to watch. Yes, there were some areas that were predictable, but nonetheless, it was quite enjoyable. I'd have to say, that it is great for all ages, children and adults alike.

If you are even the slightest bit interested, please watch it! It's definitely worth your while.

I saw this with my mom and sister when my mom was sick and it was such a good movie. My favorite part is when the sloth part. Its one of those things where it's annoying but it's a good type of annoying and it's better because it's funny. (I hope that made sense....)

It took me forever to get my paws on Zootopia. Didn't sound like my type of movie but all my friends were blabbing about it, so why not. Loved it. Nick and I have so much in common that it's scary

I loved the movie: the animation was gorgeous, the characters were relateable and likable and it was a great movie overall.

My biggest issue though was how the wolves looked. They looked like huskies, not wolves, when every other animal looked realistic. Why can't Disney ever make wolves look right? Or even not have them be the villain or stupid?