Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

deleted_22

rejected
Blocking Tool in Profile Settings?

I think we need a more extensive blocking tool that's more efficient then simply the ignore button. I suggest we have a blocking tool that makes the victim's profile invisible to anyone that person has blocked including the chat room. In the forum they get the message "We're sorry, but you cannot reply or post a comment here." on the victim's posts. Once blocked the individual automatically unfollows the victim and they become invisible to them unless they are unblocked (which could last up to 48 hours until the person can be reblocked). It would be a lot more effective and of course staff members cannot be blocked.

I just thought I would throw this idea out there because this method is effective on Tumblr and facebook to stop harassment of it's members. I really hope this makes sense.

A hard ignore that doubles as a reply ban for all your threads? Not a chance in hell.

This may be useful as a Gold VIP feature if it didn't reply ban however.

The problem with this is that anyone could use it for any reason. If I personally disliked someone I could block them and ruin their forum experience out of spite. See where the problem with this is? People need to be adults and deal with being around folks they dislike, go elsewhere, etc. If someone is being harassed, they need to take it to the staff with their evidence and it will be dealt with.

A hard ignore that doubles as a reply ban for all your threads? Not a chance in hell.

This may be useful as a Gold VIP feature if it didn't reply ban however.

That's understandable and that's true I just thought I would throw this idea out there.

The problem with this is that anyone could use it for any reason. If I personally disliked someone I could block them and ruin their forum experience out of spite. See where the problem with this is? People need to be adults and deal with being around folks they dislike, go elsewhere, etc. If someone is being harassed, they need to take it to the staff with their evidence and it will be dealt with.

Yeah that's true though thanks for the input on this.