Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Diamond Sky

Define, focus.

I'm not saying I'm distracted or anything. But...countless hours ago, I got up from what I was doing and have not been back to it since. It's not that I'm lazy, really. I guess I'm just... unorganized. On top of it are the distractions like emotions or thoughts that I can't do anything about. So how do you push all that out and just do what you need to do? How do you take responsibility for a thing and then focus on it until it's done?

-Jessica

Usually I give my brain a little break, andi let it splurge on what it wants to do. Like if I'm doing math, but I have an itch to draw, I might take a small doodle break and then once I get it out of my system I can focus better.

I also find just a small walk around the house, or if you've got more time, a walk outside usually helps me focus on stuff. Eliminate the distractions, get the things out of your system, and then hopefully then you can focus.

Or even just taking a break and doing something mindless can help. I couldn't focus on my homework for the life of me today, so I went and took a shower and I felt a lot better after that.

Also, putting on some good music helps. It kind of gives you some ear candy. It usually boosts my spirits a little and makes the work not as excruciating.

Hope some of that helps :)

Usually I give my brain a little break, andi let it splurge on what it wants to do. Like if I'm doing math, but I have an itch to draw, I might take a small doodle break and then once I get it out of my system I can focus better.

I also find just a small walk around the house, or if you've got more time, a walk outside usually helps me focus on stuff. Eliminate the distractions, get the things out of your system, and then hopefully then you can focus.

Or even just taking a break and doing something mindless can help. I couldn't focus on my homework for the life of me today, so I went and took a shower and I felt a lot better after that.

Also, putting on some good music helps. It kind of gives you some ear candy. It usually boosts my spirits a little and makes the work not as excruciating.

Hope some of that helps :)

To me, this all translates to cleaning. XD

Except for the music. I can check that off my list.

Thanks

-Jessica