Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

FireSong

Gemsonas!

I'm sure people have seen the gemsonas trend, where people post their personas based on the aliens in Steven Universe. I'm thinking of joining the bandwagon and designing some. Anyone want to share ones they've designed?

I actually have multiple gemsonas. I designed one for myself named Black Tourmaline (Who is a fusion of two others I designed named Unakite and Hematite). I also designed one for my ex - girlfriend at the time - named Turquoise, as well as a fusion of Black Tourmaline and Turquoise named Amazonite. You can see I have a bit of an addiction to character design. These reference sheets are a bit old and I promise my art has improved since making them.

Black Tourmaline ref.png

Turquoise ref.png

Amazonite ref.png

58f0388e9e2f4_BlackTourmalineref.png.947b2b5d094fdc8db0251dd81e9a640f.png

58f0388eaae6a_Turquoiseref.png.949a4095b93f933e2536010744c7c2be.png

58f0388ebc94c_Amazoniteref.png.5276992b9f64817e38ae24fe0b5f67a7.png

@MechanicJasper you did a really nice job of making them look like the style of the show! I'm still just trying to settle on a gem or stone that I like for the ones I'm working on.

I haven't drawn any pictures yet, but my gemsona is Topaz because of my birth stone. However, since I'm not really a big fan of warm color schemes, I didn't want to just be regular yellow Topaz, so I did a little research and found out that Topaz comes in different colours, including blue, brown, green, and (rarely) pink. Then I found that there is a lab-grown "Rainbow Topaz" which is absolutely beautiful, so I decided that my gemsona would be Rainbow Topaz, who is a fusion of the blue, brown, and pink Topazes.

i have a Morganite. I used the creator to make her but have really made her my own. ((none of this art is by me-I commission more than I should))

morganite__headshot_request__by_fluff_bomb360-dathg67.jpg

483dd25330add64093b6067c9d1bbdc0-dapnmi8.png

eyyy_by_littleb100bird_d9qbfey_by_ginia100-d9qbg8r.png

gemsona_maker_transparent_by_ginia100-d9nrmwy.png

morganite__headshot_request__by_fluff_bomb360-dathg67.jpg.97ef3db529926c32a5d25d76a1f2469f.jpg

483dd25330add64093b6067c9d1bbdc0-dapnmi8.png.5421b08a7129c9bad0bef6048eccb15e.png

eyyy_by_littleb100bird_d9qbfey_by_ginia100-d9qbg8r.png.c30ce2fd71f6fe17a9473cea47b2946b.png

gemsona_maker_transparent_by_ginia100-d9nrmwy.png.e2831758ddf6942f9eceb74b19750a06.png

Interesting. I'm vaguely familiar with this trend, and while I'm not likely to participate myself, I do love the show.

[PLURALSYS=color_hue=110;Paps] I've got tons of gemsonas. My favorite is probably Emerald, because I've always thought it was one of the prettiest gems. Unfortunately, I don't actually have any pictures of her to show. [/PLURALSYS]

I love designing gemsonas! <3

My main one, however, is Honey Topaz. She's a diplomatic gem and speaks for the other Topazes on Homeworld when their opinions are needed. In my little headcanon world, I like to think that since there are so many types of Topaz, that they're probably relatively common and lower on the social ladder, but they have a variety of abilities and make up a strong portion of the gem population just by their sheer numbers and adaptability. One thing they do all have in common, however, is their ability to psychically connect with one another. Which is why Honey Topaz can visit her Diamond and represent all of her fellow Topazes at the same time. Because, in a way, they're all there with her.

381c8b9ec60c29804ffedcf2e3d71089.jpg

Posted (edited)

I have gemsonas that are based on my fursonas which are based on me? So all of my characters are kind of interconnected. Currently, I have Apatite and Oligoclase, which I think would fuse to form Aqua Aura Quartz.

Edited by