Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

rayya122

What kind of daydreamer are you?

27 posts in this topic

Im the kind of person whos basically always deep in a daydream. Many of my friends and family say they've walked in on me just staring at a wall, I remember at one point my mom said she'd have to poke me to wake me out of them XD

What about you guys?

I have maladaptive daydreaming. I am always daydreaming, even while doing other tasks, even while talking to people. I often blank out while doing things, and my body goes into auto-pilot while my mind wanders. It's gotten to the point where sometimes I don't know if I've done something, or I've just thought/daydreamed about doing it.

That sounds like me actually! It's pretty fun isn't it?

Haha, sure is.

I searched it up and wow, yeah, it does sound like me. Here I thought I was the only one who had whole worlds in their head. So what do you mostly daydream about? @St Claire

I seem to just be always thinking about things in the back of my mind. Sometimes fantasy sometimes how the world could be better. Sometimes about logic and reason. Otherkin. So on. I daydream while working, while watching stuff, walking, so on. So I guess I'm a moving daydreamer?

I'm the sort of person who will start daydreaming if given no other tasks to do, or if the task I am doing is rather repetitive. I'm pretty easy to wake up out of these, you just need to call my name and I will snap to attention.

I am a constant daydreamer. However, I've nearly perfected the art of daydreaming while remaining on task. There's always something going on in the back of my mind. Whether it's thinking about my past lives or coming up with plot points for stories I'm writing, or holding an internal conversation with Bkyte, or questioning the meaning of life, or even listening to walk-ins or as a walk-in to other characters who I've been writing a story about.

There is always something going on in my head.

Is it possible to not daydream? I honestly cannot remember the last time I've daydreamed. It really only happens if I am very bored and have nothing to do, and I am always finding something to do. The only time I daydream on purpose seems to be if I am trying to come up with a story idea or thinking about my characters doing things.

I daydream quite often, usually in short and jarring little spurts. My brain always has something running in the background, but I usually have to force it out if I want to truly daydream when bored. I'm not very hard to wake up out of them.

I searched it up and wow, yeah, it does sound like me. Here I thought I was the only one who had whole worlds in their head. So what do you mostly daydream about? @St Claire

I have 20-30 main settings/scenarios that i cycle through. These range from completely mundane things, to inserting my characters into my favourite stories, to completely original worlds.

I have character self inserts into my favorite media in my daydreams, and I find I'm picking up the story fairly constantly throughout the day and during other tasks!

I daydream a lot. Not constantly, but a lot. Usually I make up hypothetical scenarios in my head for possibilities or ideas that I think of. It just sort of starts by itself.

I daydream a lot. Not constantly, but a lot. Usually I make up hypothetical scenarios in my head for possibilities or ideas that I think of. It just sort of starts by itself.

Yes! I do this too! All my scenarios have a negative 6% chance of ever happening though lol.

Except this one time where a tractor trailer almost crushed my car on the main road because he didn't look before changing lanes as we were driving through the town and I had to manuver so he missed me, and I missed three other cars. It was like an action movie for all of 45 seconds.

Wow, that's pretty intense.

My daydreaming, as I've mentioned elsewhere, often takes the form of a hypothetical conversation that could never actually happen, either because I would never actually be able to talk to the other party, or because the other party doesn't really exist.

Typically I day dream to pass the time, like at work or if I can't sleep. Mostly I go through movies I've seen and kinda watch them in the back of my mind. Other times I create movies in my mind based off story ideas I came up with. They've usually been meant for my own entertainment but recently I started writing down one of them as a short story or saga for my friends and family to read, and they really enjoyed it, so I'm trying to put the whole story together for them, maybe even publish it later if I don't get so self critical about it I stop myself, haha.

@St Claire Wow, 20-30 different settings? I only have about 10 to be honest XD

Do you write about yours? Does anybody here every write about their daydreams?

Some of them I write about, because they are the basis for my creative works. But most just stay in my head.

Sometimes, if they have to do with actual stories or poems I'm writing. Otherwise, like St Claire, they stay in my head.

I daydream so vividly and constantly that I lose touch with what I am actually doing. Usually, I'm immersed with my own memories or writing a story in my head.

I'd write down mine in fanfiction form, as that's what they are, but I'd probably let nobody ever read them! I'm not sure why I'm so embarrased about my cool self insert characters.

I daydream a lot and make up my own little world in my head. I think that I could be a great writer if I weren't so lazy and afraid of criticism because of my ability to daydream so well.

Ooh I always had a huge imagintation so daydreaming isnt something new for me altough the last years I did kinda stop with it. But I use it really to imagine myself as a person who doesnt has PDD-NOS. I try to imagine a life without this and where I am really better with understanding people and better with social things. I always create litte stories in my head to help to bring out that in me. But alas it is only a dream. Reality is not so nice. But one can dream.

Is it possible to not daydream? I honestly cannot remember the last time I've daydreamed. It really only happens if I am very bored and have nothing to do, and I am always finding something to do. The only time I daydream on purpose seems to be if I am trying to come up with a story idea or thinking about my characters doing things.

I get really nervous if I'm not doing something--sometimes when I'm not doing multiple things at once--so like BirdMonster I basically never daydream.

I tend to be a very vivid daydreamer, so much so that there have been several occasions where I've thought my daydream was actually occurring until I've blinked and shaken myself back to reality. They tend to be integrated onto whatever I can see before me, so that adds to the realism of it I think.