Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Guest FaerieForged

Weird Snacks?

48 posts in this topic

I was rummaging through the fridge the other week looking for a snack and, since I had been watching Chopped and other cooking shows, I got this urge to make "Strawberry Swiss Rolls." Which is nothing more than strawberry jam rolled in squares of Swiss cheese.

It was surprisingly really good.

So I made it again the next afternoon as a snack and my mother watched my curiously. When I was done she said "That's the weirdest thing I've seen you eat."

So, do you guys have any weird snacks?

I don't think I have any that are particularly weird, however, two of my sisters enjoy dipping vegemite toast into coffee.

Why would someone ruin perfectly good coffee like that? lol

Have you ever had deep fried maple leaves? They are a thing that exist, they are actually quite good, but bizarre to think about in hindsight. Not exactly a snack food, but still.

I have two habits that may be a bit odd.

First is I'll put either honey or maple syrup on literally everything if I'm allowed.

Second is I'll eat all frozen breakfast foods straight out of the box, still frozen. I like them better that way and always have. My parents used to try and stop me but they eventually gave up. I'll also eat all frozen vegetables while they're still frozen.

The only thing weird about how I eat is that I eat most things very plain.

@Snowshoe I did the same thing but with Ranch dressing for a while. Even put it on ice cream once.....that was a mistake lol

I remember one weird thing I used to do as a child, thanks to one of my friends who introduced me to the weird combination. I'm not sure if these products exist in the US, or outside of the UK but there is a cheesey snack brand called Wotsits (kind of like Cheetos) and we used to dip them in cheese sauce. It sounds ridiculous, cheese in more cheese, but honestly it was gorgeous.

Vanilla wafers dipped in tomato soup...but only on occasion.

Plain greens/lettuce, like, out of a bag of salad mix or off a head of lettuce.

Salmon and mustard

I also really, really, REALLY like croutons for some reason

My roommate thinks it's weird that I like to just eat plain sweet potatoes as a snack. (Just poke holes in it with a fork and microwave it for 5 minutes; it comes out perfect and delicious.)

And I also like to just eat liver cheese with a spoon.

--- Post updated ---

Have you ever had deep fried maple leaves? They are a thing that exist, they are actually quite good, but bizarre to think about in hindsight. Not exactly a snack food, but still.

:O My friend, please tell me where I can aqcuire some of these delicious-sounding leaves!

My roommate thinks it's weird that I like to just eat plain sweet potatoes as a snack. (Just poke holes in it with a fork and microwave it for 5 minutes; it comes out perfect and delicious.)

I love yams! Much more so than regular potatoes. My mother buys sweet potatoes specifically for me when we make chips (fries).

I tend to eat peanut butter and pickle sandwiches, does that count? XD

I tend to eat peanut butter and pickle sandwiches, does that count? XD

Yeah, that's super gross lol.

Unfortunately the smell of pickles alone makes my stomach turn. So you can have my share XD

Peanutbutter and banana sandwich with bacon on it and fried in a pan like grilled cheese. The yummiest combination of salty sweet and smokey