Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Maggie Darkmoon

Quantum Mechanics

I'm going to say this first, I have not studied quantum mechanics in depth. (Although I really should) I've mainly been exposed through some really awesome anime! Such as Steins;Gate, Noein: To Your Other Self & more I can't remember the name of. I do have a basic understanding of quantum mechanics. However I prefer the crazier side of it like multiple realities and such! So much more interesting.

I would love to get people theories, opinions and such on quantum mechanics as a whole.

I feel like I just opened a can of worms... XD!

Lets have fun and keep this civil everyone!

One of my favorite YouTube channels

Astrophysics, cosmology, and quantum mechanics.... science in general, really.... these things have always fascinated me, though I don't know what I'd ever do with that information, as I have no aspirations to work in those fields.

Thank you both for replying! I really do need to research into this more... those are both awesome.

Quantum mechanics is indeed awesome. It fascinated me so much I have considered having a career based on it.

My favorite part of quantum mechanics is probably quantum entanglement. Quantum entanglement is a physical phenomenon that occurs when pairs or groups of particles are generated or interact in ways such that the quantum state of each particle cannot be described independently. For example, if you generate a pair of entangled particles, and you measure a particle's spin to be 1/2, you immediately know the other particle's spin is -1/2.

@Dracokon I think that's my probably one if my favorites too! Where would you suggest I study up on it more?

I suggest watching this video:

[media]

[/media]

Oh man, quantum mechanics makes for some weird conversations. Look up "Quantum Immortality", I think a thought experiment proposed by this physicist Max Tegmark.

Entanglement, or spooky action at a distance according to Einstein, is super cool too. Some part of me is hoping that one day we can transmit useful information through it. I had a professor who worked on something similar, something like unbreakable encryption by exploiting entanglement. Super interesting stuff