Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Charias

Furvilla, anyone?

28 posts in this topic

Did anyone join the open beta for Furvilla? It's a pretty good game imo. I'm not into furry/anthro stuff at all but the art is cute and the game concept is solid enough for something so new.

Though I am internally crying over the trainwreck of an otherkin thread on there. I just. *slams head on wall* Someone just summoned all the hyperactive Tumblrkin furries from the depths of the internet and stuck 'em all in one place.

I think I've heard about it before on Tumblr. Either way, I have to agree that the artwork is very nice and cute.

*Quick note*

Oh god, I just looked at the Otherkin and Therian discussions on the Furvilla forum. When I read some of the replies I wanted to cry a little. There is already so much misinformation on there. Half the people who claimed to be a Therian defined the identity as a strong connection to an animal.

@Marshall yeah... I made the mistake of actually posting on there. I would say I regret it, but I managed to find a couple of sane otherkin doing it, so I guess it's worth all the childish insults and accusations of me "discriminating" or whatever they were actually saying...

I get where you're coming from (use to correct people on Tumblr, which resulted in being called a gatekeeper). Either way, I wouldn't let them spoil the game. It does look promising, and I have been looking for a new game to play. I'll probably sign up at one point.

@Marshall don't worry, I don't let that kind of thing get to me. I'm just ignoring the whole thing at this point. :P Oh, and if you join, you can add me as a friend if you want. I'm Taiga on there. And if you'd say I referred you that would be awesome too. I'm #2248. //is this wrong of me idk

I joined. My username is, predictably, StClaire. Haven't checked out the forum yet. Still exploring the site and stuff.

I haven't checked it out, but I will sometime today, and update with my username ^^

Oh dear god, sounds like it'll be a good idea for me to avoid the otherkin communities on there then, or I fear I'll go full on rage-floof haha

EDIT: Just made an account now, I'm AshenFall on there too. Still resisting the temptation to see the trainwreck that is the otherkin area.

I'm browsing the otherkin thread on there now. It has a lot of misinformation and people saying "let people identify how they want" while not bothering to actually learn the meaning of the terms they are throwing around. I've actually written down something I would like to post on there, but I'm a bit nervous about it, haha.

We made an account after someone on a local furry group noted the game. It looks kind of interesting, but we don't really play around too much on games like it.

Then we saw the forums. Its not just otherkin either as we've seen plenty of headmate/fictive talk too which is just a cringe-filled.

- Spiridon (male, single-horned ungulate)

@Marshall I sent you a friend request! :)

@House of Chimeras really? Uugh. I just completely left the forums after seeing the otherkin thread... very glad now, seeing the aftermath of whatever even happened while the mods were away. :/

After seeing the state of the forums I actually regret making an account..l but it seems like a good little time waster

I tried to sign up but they gave me an invalid freaking validation code. :mad:

I just watched on our discord as quite a few people from KM murdered that otherkin thead...

I'll be MaggieDarkmoon when I get their support to stop sitting on their hands.

I tried to sign up but they gave me an invalid freaking validation code. :mad:

I just watched on our discord as quite a few people from KM murdered that otherkin thead...

I'll be MaggieDarkmoon when I get their support to stop sitting on their hands.

Yikes, I hope that gets fixed soon. Once it is, I'll be sure to add you.

Though, seriously, avoid the Otherkin threads at all cost. They are completely filled with misinformation and Tumblrkin. The moment you try to correct them, they will harass you.

Oh wow. All the otherkin threads on the site just got nuked. RIP.

Honestly, the more I stay on that site, the more I'm getting annoyed with the community in general. If I wanted Tumblr, I'd go on Tumblr, y'know? And it's a community-oriented site. Idk whether I'll stick with it. The game is cute but the community is horrible.

Oh wow. All the otherkin threads on the site just got nuked. RIP.

Honestly, the more I stay on that site, the more I'm getting annoyed with the community in general. If I wanted Tumblr, I'd go on Tumblr, y'know? And it's a community-oriented site. Idk whether I'll stick with it. The game is cute but the community is horrible.

Preach it

Theres already a new otherkin thread, lmao. So far it seems there are actually a few serious people in there. I even saw someone warning people about getting information from tumblr lol

I'm Wolfeh there, because Shiro was taken. The forums appear as they're under a constant troll attack, and the moderators have been responded by deleting threads involving various topics including autism, otherkin, and so on. The forums have weird glitches, are vulnerable to page-widener exploits, and the entire thing seems like a pre-alpha build that isn't anywhere near ready for public beta. The incredible slowness of the site makes the game nearly unplayable.

BUT, when/if the bugs are fixed and the troll issue is dealt with, it seems like it can be a fun game. My main issue with it is that I fail to see how, other than targeting the furry fandom, it will diversify itself from neopets and other offerings.

The forums are now completely closed. I don't think they put enough thought or polish into this before switching it to open beta :/

-edit-

Actually, it seems as if the whole site is offline.

The forums are closed entirely now, as is the live chat; yeah. The site is going on and offline quite sporadically. This is actually one of the worst game launches I've ever seen. They should have stayed in a sort of private beta (i.e. invite system) like gmail had before letting their server get hammered.

I gave it a go and created an account, but I found it to move so abysmally slow that I am going to wait until they optimize it a bit more before I get too into it. I did make a dragon as close to my kinself as I could, mostly because I am very vain, and I made a crocodile because crocs are cool. But seriously, it took me 15 minutes to do 10 exploring actions, that's ridiculous.

I was unable to go into the forums because they were down, so I have yet to see this trainwreck of an otherkin thread. My guess would be that furvilla is basically going to be full of tumblrkin and facebook otherkin due to the game's emphasis on advertising for those sites. Don't expect it to get much better.

The registration page comes up with a 404 error. Sounds like they've got the place locked down due to a system overload.

I can still play, so they've probably closed registration. Opening registrations this early was a pretty big mistake on their part.

According to their most recent news post the chat and forums will be closed until they can find more mods (who are actually able to discern a troll post from a legit thread).

-edit-

According to this blog Furvilla Confessions the dev fired 20 mods a few days before they went to open beta. Not sure if its true, but if it is it sure does explain the absolute hell storm that erupted on the website.

I just joined, my username is SilverWinter (wow, what a surprise) and I already know I'm going to get addicted. Instantly saw that you can be a ball python and I cried a little.

But, yeah, so far it's been really rocky. It took me about 20 minutes to get through my gathering turns. I missed the tumblrkin storm, though, so I guess that's a plus. Hopefully the can get this cleaned up; this is almost as bad as early Flight Rising.

I made an account: Tyrest.

Their servers can't seem to handle the traffic. What they should have done is go the way of flight rising and have breif registraton periods while they increase the ability for their servers to handle traffic.

In addition, it seems the extreme tumblrite crowd just pounced that entire website, so I unno how long I'll be sticking around on it.