Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

rayya122

Anyone Else Feel Like a Watcher in the Forums?

I don't comment very much on the forums, or make many posts. I prefer to watch people talking about and debate things while staying in the background. Anyone else here like that? ^.^

I don't comment often; only when I feel I have something that meaningfully contributes to the conversation, and hasn't already been said.

Yup, me. I'm kinda upset about it, I guess I see that people can just reach things themselves and come to similar conclusions as myself. I'm a little upset, or disappointed in myself if you haven't noticed.

I've also become like this in real life to some extent...

I feel this way, like at times I can't relate to what's posted anymore. Maybe it's me, maybe it's because I question and doubt my nonhuman-ness, dunno

I am most definitely a bit of a lurker within the forums. I do pop in the chat daily and I spew out my thoughts there and goof around.

As far as the forums are concerned, I like to read other people's responses and watch their little debates or squabbles. I tend to be in the background a lot of the time. If I feel that I can contribute to something useful to the topic or it's a topic that greatly interests me, I will definitely post. Usually, I also tend to write a long, thoughtful response because of how little I tend to post around the forums. Plus, due to the fact that I am often on mobile, it's a little harder to post, due to me preferring to write a lot, in general.

It's clear enough that we have a lot of members who don't post on the forums, which is kind of a shame. But it's true that it's hard to contribute with topics that don't mean anything to you.

I'm definitely a lurker, for various reasons. I've always been more of an observer than a participator, though, in almost all social situations.

I go through phases of activity and inactivity. I do try to post when I'm feeling up to it though.

Oh definitely. I often see one thread that I really want to participate in because it might be a fun discussion, but then I see how it could easily go downhill and I don't want to get tangled up in that. Examples of this are stuff like that one thread a while back, "what is your opinion on non-kin humans". (I did take part in that, but it definitely went awry). That's why I mostly just putz about in the game threads, mock-kin, the genie game, and whatnot. I make meaningless contributions there that might make someone laugh, and then I think "Ah, yes, this has been a good interaction, I really feel like a part of this community."

Submarine dragon disappears for long periods of time before resurfacing to meme.

I feel the same way with what you guys said, sometimes it feels like you just can't relate to what's going on and sometimes it just seems like things are going far off course and you don't want to get tangled in that.

For me it depends. I poke my head in every day to check things out and make sure all is well. Some days I feel up to posting lots and other days I don't have the time to type responses. It all depends really, and also varies on what topics are active too.

I've had little motivation to keep up with topics and such. I just need more debates and such to contribute to.

I guess I've felt less in touch with my kintype. Less in touch literally, as well, because I haven't really had phantom shifts. I feel less valid, I doubt myself, and although all my beliefs say, "this is possible," I feel like I might just be making up this (these) specific kintypes. At least I can tell myself that's what my soul is, cause I get that vibe. Even that has diminished though.

I think the sun vs contherian post was the first post (on any site) for a while, that really got me thinking in a creative, out-of-the-box way. That has occasionally happened in real life. I guess I've just lost part of my spark. For now, I hope.

Lurker, here. Mostly because I'm still figuring out my identity. (I know I'm not human, but I'm not sure what I am instead, so I really can't comment on anything identity-related at the moment.) I also like to have all my words together before I respond to something. Otherwise, I find myself sitting at the computer for a super long time, and my response doesn't come out like I originally intended.

I feel the same way. I've always been somewhat of a lurker so it's strange going on forums and posting comments. Nevertheless, when there is something I'm passionate about I'll definitely talk about it.

Sometimes I am just reading, but much of the time if I do have a response, I have to go through an ordeal to give my full attention to it. I hate it when I find myself saying something other than what I intended because I'm not focused on what I'm saying. So often I'll end up lurking for that reason.

I lurk all the time, mostly because I either can't think of what to say or I feel like I can't relate to the topic at hand.

oh yeah, absolutely!

I rarely take part in the forums, just read and think my part. Often people said what I wanted to say already or at least something so close to it that I don't feel like being beneficial to the thread anymore.

I really only meddle (here) if there's a particular interesting topic. / or if I just happen to be in the mood to talk =)

Yeah, i like watching much more than joining in on the conversations lol

When I get somewhat busy, I enter in "read-only mode"; when I am very busy, I don't even open the forum. The latest weeks I've been doing some copy-paste in intro threads and trying to keep Defending Your Territory alive somehow.

Yeah, basically.

I'm not sure what it is about this forum, but I feel like I don't fit in here as much as in other places. So I don't feel as motivated to join in. Which makes the problem worse, I suppose, but eh.

When we first joined we very much like that, but I making sure we reply and talk more to people. I do enjoy good, wholesome debates every now and again. ~Cyra