Sign in to follow this  
Guest Curious

Romantic attraction?

Question

Guest Curious

I hope my question isn't perceived as rude...

Do (some) otherkin feel romantically attracted towards the animal species they identify themselves with?

Ofcourse there is a difference between feeling and acting and I'm not trying to portray anyone as a pervert.

I'm just wondering because I can imagine that it must be hard to have a relationship with a human that feels human.

2 answers to this question

Zoophilia/Zoosexuality is the sexual and/or romantic attraction towards an animal. It has nothing to do with the otherkin community, although, unfortunately, some otherkin identify as zoosexual. My stance on the matter is and always has been that to act upon such feelings constitutes animal abuse and sexual assault in all cases; animals cannot consent. I am not attracted to actual wolves in this way, but I do find it easier to connect with other wolf therians in a romantic or friendship context. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Some might, though it may not be because of they're identity as an otherkin, and even still most know better than to act on such desires. 

As a fictionkin, I never experienced attraction except towards my lover from my canon, if that's a good example. 

In terms of other relationships, even friend wise, they can be difficult. But at the end of the day we're all souls. It's important to remember that when it gets difficult

• Like 1