Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Nycto

implemented
Merge Politics with Current Events

I think it fits. Politics, as with religion and spirituality, is something about which people have wildly different opinions and beliefs. In addition to this, politics is a social topic, just as religion and spirituality are. Also, it doesn't exactly fit anywhere else. You can't put it in with science and technology, and having a separate area just for politics would be a waste of space.

I think it fits. Politics, as with religion and spirituality, is something about which people have wildly different opinions and beliefs. In addition to this, politics is a social topic, just as religion and spirituality are. Also, it doesn't exactly fit anywhere else. You can't put it in with science and technology, and having a separate area just for politics would be a waste of space.

I guess? It still doesn't seem like it would mesh well here, though. It just seems off topic anywhere except it's own forum set.

Probably because a lot of peoples' stances on politics are influenced by their religions and spiritualities. They all fit together to form an individual's opinions.

Probably because a lot of peoples' stances on politics are influenced by their religions and spiritualities. They all fit together to form an individual's opinions.

That's only one small amount of what shapes a political belief though.

It's actually a large part, though you are correct that it is not the only part.

However, like @St Claire said, it doesn't fit well with the other categories, and is too small to put all by itself.

I try to avoid politics, but I'm heavily into spirituality. It makes this mash-up of a forum section really troublesome to visit.

I honestly believe the main part is to do with the controversial and vastly different opinions each of these topics can have. It's better to keep them all in one place than have several forums dedicated to topics that will always be controversial.

Spirituality perhaps not so much, however it often ties in with religion, which we all know is a topic many people get heated about. And politics runs hand in hand with religion in the fact that both can cause crazy arguments due to the opposing ideas and opinions of all.

I am new so I probably should not complain buuut...

I am extremely critical of spirituality, and of religions. I know they are lumped together because of their controversial nature, but if I'm in the mood to debate politics, seeing thungs about spirituality just make me want to post here to and callenge some point with science. Wich is a sure way to start drama.

That's one of the whole ideas. I like having a peaceful area to discuss spirituality and religion, but the people that tend to debate politics tend to be the people who might come in and start chaos. I don't like to get involved in debates. In fact, political things are way far away from anything regarding my religion or spirituality and the two never meet.

Not saying I've seen this as a problem lately, but I can see it happening eventually. It's just, I don't know, disturbing to see a topic about Meditation next to one on Communism.

What if there was a section on Politics and Current Events, and then one on the Religion and Spirituality? Wouldn't that make more sense?

@Obsydian I definitely agree with you there. I've always been slightly confused as to why Current Events has its own forum when hardly anything gets posted in there. You should make a Suggestions thread!

I feel that having the Politics section moved from the Spirituality forum to the Current Events forum would make more sense. Many current events tend to be more political, and I don't feel that Politics mesh well with Spirituality.

This would bring more activity to that forum and leave the spiritual side for us for discussion and not political debate.