Lady Constantine

Share some of your favorites females lead vocal groups?

coffeebear    115

If you're at all inclined towards Classic Rock, Stevie Nicks / Fleetwood Mac is awesome. And I'll always be thankful that 90's alternative gave us the Cranberries and No Doubt.

Older stuff, but hey!

• High Quality 1

St Claire    120

Oops, I kept meaning to reply to this thread, and then forgetting haha.

KiTTiE is pretty good. An all female metal band from Canada. They arent so heavy, but some of the topics they sing about are a bit confronting, so be aware of that.

and
are pretty popular so you probably already know, but hey.

and
are not active bands, but you definitely should listen to their music if you haven't already. After Forever is a must listen.

is also worth listening to.

I could link some more stuff, but there's a lot, so...I have to stop myself. (Coronatus is neato and you should look up Eluveitie.)

Here is actually a list of bands you might be interested in. I've heard a little bit of most of them. Most are "female fronted".

Some of these bands have split up now or replaced members, so if you're looking for active bands and you have not heard them yet, definitely look up

. They are awesome. I'm listening to them a lot, right up there with Epica almost.

Oh and I AM A HUGE FAN OF EPICA. <3

I'm also up for suggestions/checking out this thread.

Grizzly    6

I'm a huge Nightwish fan so Anette Olzon Tarja Turunen and also love Within Temptation so theirs also

Sharon den Adel and also another favorite of mine lead singer from We Are Fallen Carly Smithson great music to get me shifty and in a spiritual mood X3

• High Quality 1

Edan    21

Purity Ring is one of my favorite bands. Not only have I seen them twice but I also have been listening since 2012! They are an electronic music band and the lead singer has a lovely voice.

Rowan1966    46

I personally love female lead groups. I recommend:

Halestorm

The Pretty Reckless

Nightwish

Amaranthe

Halsey (Not a group but she's a good singer!!)

New Year's Day

Evanescence

Paramore

[media]

[/media]

There is this new band AfterTime too. Symphonic metal.

I haven't seen

or The Agonist on here yet. A bit heavier. I'm just now poking into The Agonist so I dunno.

I also am liking

. I dunno if this matters to anybody but Marco from Nightwish was in Sinergy too. There's also this
they have that almost made me cry, goodness. XD They have a
too which is awesome.

I know of some random bands but I don't listen to them anymore enough to recommend.

But I liked a couple songs by

I think I'm a little to eager about this thread but oh well.

CorviCanem    8

[PLURALSYS=color_hue=272;Nox]

A few songs to show off a few fun lady fronted bands:

All of these songs are relatively new material from the bands, and I believe all of them are still actively making music.

Enjoy!

[/PLURALSYS]

Calithilien    45

There's a couple I'd recommend that haven't been mentioned yet, although most of the ones I've seen mentioned are great! Some of the bands I'll mention don't only have songs sung by a female, but all of them have female singers:

• Battlelore
  • Arkona
  • Faun
  • Eluveitie (though to be fair they have more songs sung by the male singer than the female)
  • Elane
  • Omega Lithium
  • Tristania
  • Amberian Dawn
  • Midnattsol
  • Diablo Swing Orchestra (here I also think there's less songs sung by the female singer)
  • The Gathering
  • Pentangle
  • Coven

...and finally, my favourite band ever: Onmyouza. They're a Japanese heavy metal band, singing mainly about Japanese history and mythology. Their female singer, Kuroneko, is absolutely amazing. :)

Whoops that was a bit much maybe.