Rate the Song then Post Another - 🎉​​​​​​​ Fun & Games - Kinmunity Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Rate the Song then Post Another

So here's the idea.  someone posts a song. Then the next person gives it a score from 1 to 10, briefly explains why, then posts another song for the next person rates that and so on.

For example:

User 1: The real Slim Shady - Eminem

User 2: 10/10  Best song ever!  He's truly a god among men! 

Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley

User 3: 1/10  Oh Gawd no.  that's crap!

Spongebob Squarepants theme song.

You get the idea.

The rules are that you Must listen to to the whole song, or at least the first 5-6 minutes if it's longer than that. Whether you like the song or not! It can be anything as long as it's labeled music.  It could be your favorite song, the song that you and your friend composed last night, a memey joke song, a song you hate, ANYTHING GOES!!!

Also, try to include a Youtube link to the song (or any other kind of link really, as long as we can listen to the song) to make it easier for others to listen to it.

To start, here's a personal favorite of mine

Edited by Curious Canine

Good idea! OK, the song is a 6/10 for me because it's not really my style... but the anime. Really, guys, there are some movies and animes I'm actually... afraid to watch 'cause they would create so intense feelings that I couldn't work as a normal being for days. And this is one of them. I know I have it, but never watched it. Now I know I must do it... urgently. Need to take another week off and lock myself in.

And now for something completely different: R-ASH & Vand Vand: Screamy Palmer :toungederg: Enjoy!

Edited by Amber

Western Guardian Dragon

6/10 for me. Not really my style but I could enjoy it from time to time when I am in the right mood. 

Here is one of my favorite songs

Edited by Oxalaia

8/10! It has a super good sound to it. Made me feel nostalgic in ways I that I can't really place. Not something I would seek out to listen to on my own, but I am delighted that I got to hear it. 

Here's one of my favorites. I love it a lot! It isn't for everyone, it is a slower paced song. It is pretty much my go-to song for randomly singing. 

Edited by Snowshoe

7/10  I think it's pretty good, but it's a little slow for my taste.  I prefer a song with a bit more "punch" to it if that makes any sense.

I know this song choice might seem a little ironic considering what I just said, but I actually like this one more for it's message then for the way it actually sounds.

Edited by Curious Canine

7/10, I'm a fan of the song mostly for the line "The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I ever had."

Written By Wolves "To Tell You the Truth"

• Like 1

Oh, yeah! 9/10. If it'd only had a tad more speed and punch...

Something a bit slower - for all the wolves out there:
Natsumi Kiyoura: Tabi no Tochuu. Spice and Wolf theme song.
The original intro version is a bit short, so I selected the full version with English lyrics.
BTW the girl portrayed is a wolf god. Great anime series!

Western Guardian Dragon

10/10 I super like that song. It is beautiful! And man, I love Spice and Wolf! I started the series ages, but I have not finished it yet. I got pretty caught up in life and havn't come back to it yet. 

I fell in love with this song after I saw this pmv, so I'll just share the pmv! Showing off my war cat animation bias.  

• Like 1

7/10 The song is good but not something I would seek out on my own. Something I can listen to from time to time but not on a daily basis, at best once a week if I want.

This is also a good song for me and reminds me of what I went through when my father and aunt passed away.

Edited by Oxalaia

10/10  Wow, just wow.  I have no words for that

I just got NInja'd

6/10  I've never been the biggest fan of Heavy Metal in general.  It always sounds like the singers are gargling rocks and it's too, well, heavy.  But overall, this one is decent and has a nice beat to it.  (Btw, sorry to hear about your dad and aunt.  I can't imagine what that must be like.)

Edited by Curious Canine

@Curious Canine Heh sorry for that. Didnt know you already commented on the old post when I made that edit.

Anyway a 7/10. I do have a sot spot for simple songs and I like the style of that though I have heard a bit better but still not a bad song.

Returning to the other song in the old post what helps me through some hard times and help keeping the memories alive of my father and aunt.

Edited by Oxalaia

8/10  Though I wish it was a little bit faster, it definitely has that "punch" that I like to hear.  Not to mention that I can relate to the lyrics way more than I would care to admit.

Now for a classic

10/10 Classics are classics for a reason! They're just good. That song is definitely on my favorites list.

I shall add in my own classic in turn. I consider this song my unofficial theme song, really. 

5/10. I acknowledge that the song is beautiful, but my personal enjoyment of it is rather low as I am not one for slow songs.

Since we're doing theme songs....

Naia "Shiro" Ōkami (keybase)
Site Administrator & Founder

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

*playing song using desktop speakers for 3 seconds* *song's good, need MORE VOLUME* *using digital wireless headphone* *this needs more PUNCH* *adjusting equalizer*
WHOAAAA!! 10/10!

Gradus vita, HELLSING ULTIMATE. This Anime is EPIC beyond all limits! Listen to this loud.

Western Guardian Dragon

10/10 Hellsing more like HELL YEAH! I may have a bias. I love dramatic, beautiful, orchestral music.

Now for something completely different! A video from literally 10 years ago, classic youtube. It's Britney, bitch!

8/10  It starts off strong and definitely sounds pretty good, but it doesn't have enough "punch" to it

I'm thinking it's probably safe to assume that you've already heard Megalovania by now considering that it's more or less reached meme status.

Well here's a badass remix of it.

Edited by Curious Canine

5.5/10, the message in the rap was very raw and personal which I like, though I disagree with the overall message. Not the learning to love yourself, that's an excellent message, but when it comes at the cost of also learning that you can be better and not settling for just being "a douchebag" when you can be much more. I'm veryyyyy pick about my rap lol, also wasn't a fan of the video.

• Like 1

10/10 Oohhhh man, Stray is so good, really the perfect song to use as Wolf's Rain intro. I remember staying up late as a kid so I could watch this show and Inuyasha on Adult Swim!

This one is super catchy and beautiful animation. 

• Like 1

10/10  I like it.  Can't find anything wrong with the song itself.  My only issue is with the animatic which I found to be kind of confusing (srsly, wtf was going on?)  But then again, it's just an animatic.  I'm sure the finished product will be better.

Speaking of animatics, I found this song/animatic combo to be freaking hilarious

Sign in to follow this