Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Paniczoure

rejected
Merge Groups

I've seen around the groups that some of them are basicly the same, some groups of the same theriotypes or the same topics, some of the "repeated groups" because there's just the same group, but with more people and more concrete information.

I wanted to suggest if we could do something about that. Maybe chatting with the admins and wondering if they would like to merge those groups, erase one of them or just keep them, but make them a little different.

This may be problematic, considering that group staff and rules would need to be merged, and that might not end well.

I don't know exactly what you're talking about but that sounds like more of a user problem, maybe some examples? I definitely don't think there should be doubles but whatever the case the two+ groups should communicate.

Unfortunately, this is not easily possible. We do not have the time as staff members to reach out to individual group administrators each time there are duplicate groups to facilitate a merge. There are a number of problems with, as @Hyphero stated, how would merging the staff teams of a group work? The beauty of the social groups system is that all social groups are user-created communities. If a user is uncomfortable in one community and decides to create their own, this is not necessarily a bad thing.

The group that is best run will probably win in terms of having more users and more activities, which is also okay.