Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Sonebi

tails

Do any of you have phantom tails?

I do , I'm not sure on the look of it yet but I feel it is there.

Do you have a tail and what does it look like?

I frequently have phantom tails. The majority of the time I feel my draconic tail since I am a suntheriomythic (meaning I am always in a state of shift, but the percent fluctuates). However, when I have a proper mental/phantom shift into my sea otter theriotype I feel my otter tail.

Quite often. Mine usually feels about proportionate to my body, which isn't saying much since I had a really long tail, so my phantom tail feels like it is about 10-15 feet long, 30 on occasions. It just feels long and floppy, I can sometimes move it around, but most of the time I can just move the very end of it.

I don't have any tails in response to my kintype, though I have experienced a phantom fox tail from one of my past walk-ins. I found it uncomfortable, but as that walk-in stuck around a bit more, it began to be come more pleasant and soothing, I suppose. The tail was about the length from my rump to my ankle, so it was a fair bit long for me: someone who'd been yet to experience a phantom tail.

Now, sadly that walk-in has left me since then, but I still find myself intentionally triggering a phantom tail for myself. I find it comforting.

I do have a phantom tail, I talk about it a lot in my blog here. My tail tends to appear when I'm startled or excited. It also can be very hard to control. It's very hard to explain to someone that you're distracted by your phantom tail as much as it is hard to pretend nothing is wrong when it's wagging frantically behind you.

Sometimes I have a tail. It changes though, part of that polymorph thing. I usually feel it more than see it, so I might feel how long or flexible it is, but not know what it would look like. Sometimes it's long, sometimes short. Sometimes it swishes around. Sometimes it just sits there doing nothing. Sometimes it fans like a bird's tail.

I basically feel a feline tail most of the time. It responds to my emotions as well eg. lashing when angry, raising it a bit when interested in something and I can move it voluntarily (I often just curve the tip away from the ground when I walk, much like a big cat does). Espeon shifts are similar to a domestic cat's but the tip is forked and is much more "sensitive" in that it responds to air currents and also tends to "vibrate" slightly like a dowsing rod when I'm concentrating on something.

During werewolf shifts, the wolf tail is much shorter than a feline one but more heavier and fluffier. Most of the time it just hangs down and I can feel it bumping against my legs when I walk.

I also frequently get avian shifts (still slowly figuring it out) and it basically is just a fan of feathers much like Kerguelen described above.

Yep. Mine is so long, it drags behind me, not too long, but is long enough to do so. It splits at the very end (much like a snake's tongue) and is very boney. I can not move it myself, it does it's own thing. It's almost frustrating having it. People like to sit on it. ;')

My tail shifts are usually pretty brief so I can only really make out that it's scaly and tapered before it's gone. Dunno what else it looks like. One of these days, man. One of these days I'll figure it out.

...I guess you could say I'm chasing my tail.

My tail shifts are usually pretty brief so I can only really make out that it's scaly and tapered before it's gone. Dunno what else it looks like. One of these days, man. One of these days I'll figure it out.

...I guess you could say I'm chasing my tail.

You--

I can't--

Stop yourself.

While I don't usually have a phantom tail, it does sometimes appear and varies between creatures. One of the strongest shifts I had in regards to tails was Toothless', I could feel each part of the tail and it swished on the ground behind me as I walked like his does. It was weird, but nice.

I have a constant phantom tail, it reaches about 1/2 way down my calf. Its a big fluffy wolf tail in winter and in summer it always feels a lot slimmer, as I guess as a wolf I would moult into a summer coat. I prefer my winter tail!

Yes, I do have a phantom tail. Differs from season (The fur coat.). Though it only seems to appear mostly when I'm mental shifting or depending on my emotions or movement. Such as when I'm running, I can feel my wolf phantom tail.

Iam constanly feeling my ears,wings, and tail have been mostly since 2012. There are days were it seems iam down? Were i feel human...i hate that the most. But my tail is about 4 feet with hide and a fluff with some feathers at the end. Iam dragon kin. Iam one of the only dragon kin that i have seen with feathers on my wings and tail. But the more my soul merges with this physical form the more i will know. Things have been interesting the last 2 weeks for all my friends . I just hope the physical part of the ascending the starts soon.

My tail when I feel it is bushy, wirey. Not different from the texture, contour of a Husky or German Shepherd.

But mine is thinner as my body is smaller/thinner. I went for months without feeling a phantom tail. Then started too with no warning or influence.

Lee

I have phantom tail/s for the most part. Usually draconic but occasionally sphinx. (So feline)

Both are about 6ft long and I am able to control them.

But when both happen at once it just becomes impossible to sit down at all.

I do, I have my wolf tail and my dragon tail...the dragon tail can be most annoying especially since I can't control it very well...so if people step on it I wince and if I hit someone with it on accident I'll apologize and they'll look at me weirdly.

I can never sit still for long periods of time because it always feels awkward and strange like I'm smooshing my phantom tail. and also leads to awkward moments when I'm excited and wiggling about for no reason in an attempt to wag my tail. I like the school desks because they have that empty slot that my tail can hang freely from.

This thread is reminding me of my missing tail feathers. That's how it feels sometimes, like I should have them but they've been plucked. Same with the wings.

I feel the exact same way about my missing feathers. My eagle tail is really long and I feel like I should be able to fluff it out and spread it sometimes for balance. Same with the wings. In really strong eagle shifts, I can feel a bit naked without them.

I've got two different tails. Most common one I get is my dragon tail, which is about 2.5 metres long and covered in large scales/plates in a pattern similar to a snake's tail, but without the large scales on the underside. I can't control it at all, and it tends to wrap around things or drag awkwardly on the ground... it's kinda annoying! I only get my wolf tail occasionally - it usually pops up alongside some other wolf ph-shifts. It doesn't move much on its own, but I can wag it a little if I concentrate. And if I'm not too busy trying to work out how tails + clothes even works.