Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Gryneos

McMansion Hell

The title says it all for this tumblr blog, but here are some image samples from it with notations for an idea of what you'll see when you go to the page :)

Everything’s bigger in Texas, so they say. They also say “Don’t Mess With Texas®” which was an anti-littering campaign in the 80s(?) and these houses definitely qualify as littering so technically I’m not messing with Texas®.

To say that this house is a mess would be an understatement, and, if you’ve been reading this blog for the last couple of weeks, you’ll know why immediately.

tumblr_inline_och5wpeAxN1sppt0x_1280.png

This illustrious house, built in 2007 boasting 5 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms is currently for sale for $1,498,000 despite the fact that it looks like it was made for, maybe, like, $8.

As always, we first admire the dramatic waste of space that is the 2-story foyer.

tumblr_inline_och6gpgyYR1sppt0x_1280.png

But wait!

tumblr_inline_och6u0HP0a1sppt0x_1280.png

and so on... XD

Hilarious blog and informative, especially on various architectural elements, such as columns, dormers, roofs, and masses. I highly recommend it :D

I was very excited when I first found that tumblr, because previously I had thought I was the only one who thought those huge houses (and their decor) were super tacky.

As someone who thinks the average 2 storey American house you see on tv is a mansion, the space wastage of some houses never ceases to amaze me. I mean, theres no way the people owning those behemoths have uses for all that space.

One of the most interesting things I found on that blog was a link to an article on McMansions, in which it was mentioned that such buildings only exist to be sold and resold and resold again as each new owner realises just how terrible they are to actually live in. One of the comments on the article was from someone living in a Florida town where there was a whole gated community of McMansions that sprung up sometime post-80s. The commenter says that for most of the year the houses are completely empty, with the only people seen in the community are the gardeners and housekeepers.

Such a thing seems so foreign and bizarre to me. I just can't even imagine it, a suburb so eerie and empty.

Tacky is their middle name! ;)

McMansion owners have to be cheap to flaunt their wealth. Unlike the wealthy people who live in real mansions. Usually, us peons can't even see their places because they live privately, behind large hedges and trees, and surrounded by beautifully-landscaped grounds.

So, it doesn't surprise me that there are gated communities of only McMansions. They might as well be trailer parks for the tastelessly wealthy :p

They might as well be trailer parks for the tastelessly wealthy :p

Such a perfect analogy!

That's amazing.

[PLURALSYS=color_hue=232;Sonic]Haha, we got a good laugh out of that! What weird houses..[/PLURALSYS]

Oh wow, I'm not even interested in this stuff and it is still hilarious. XD

I'm not that interested in architecture, either, but it is nice the blogger takes the time to inform on the different elements, so you can laugh along as the McMansion errors (those are features, not errors, peon!) are pointed out :closedeyesmile: