I'll sketch your kintype/s! - 💬​​​​​​​ Chit Chat - Kinmunity Jump to content

I'll sketch your kintype/s!

Soooo... I tried doing something like this on the old site but I never set any limits on how many requests I'd take at once and just ended up flooded, and gave up. No promises, but maybe I can do a bit better this time around!

I'll draw one of your kintype/s, for free. In particular I want to practice drawing in a more quick, casual way than I usually do, so no promises on quality (though I'll say I am a very experienced artist so I'd hope anything I make won't be that bad, haha). Maybe it'll just be a doodle, maybe it'll have colour or even shading. I dunno, depends on what I feel like doing.

I can draw pretty much anything, though I struggle with humanoids a bit. Still, practice makes perfect, so I'm happy to give that a shot too.

I'll need either a reference (ref sheet or just a picture of an animal/creature that looks similar) with written description of any notable/defining features; or, if you don't have a picture for me to work with, I'll need a very detailed written description instead. If there's any particular personality, emotion or action you'd like, let me know and I'll do my best. ^^

I'll offer three slots at a time. Please check there is an available slot before posting! Because of the way KM works I won't be able to update this post with what slots are open, so you're gonna have to take the time to look through yourself. I just don't want to get overwhelmed again. Also this should be a given but: you can only claim one slot per "round". 

Also! Please don't make a request if you're not sure you'll be around to collect the finished work! Nothing bums me out more than making art for someone, only to find they've gone completely inactive and will probably never even see it.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask~

Right. That's all the important stuff. So. Tell me what to draw! Three slots: GO!

• Like 3

~: Eurasian wolf :|: nature spirit :|: nimravid :~

System of Rook and Akarthyx (median, co-hosts) and our dormant natural tulpa Aeolus.

Ooh, I'd love a sketch!

I'll request my feline theriotype as I've not really gathered any ref's for argonian.
This is a quick ref I made a while back of how I tend to view my theriotype, made using a base lineart so not super accurate but good enough (blue eyes are symbolic if you were wondering).
velvetref.thumb.png.c9f1184e333c4c9e4325e74029b882db.png

For general body shape, fur length/type and the spots think amur leopard.

Teeth similar to homotherium: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/441141725985351455/

Ears similar to: http://www.robertodemicheli.com/album_test/slidenav.php?folder=Wildlife/Big Cats/Wildlife Heritage Foundation/&file=slides/IMG_9047.jpg

• Like 1

Velvet, Community Manager :teeheej:
If you need any help, have questions or would just like to chat please feel free to send me a message!

Kinmunity's Library | Our Staff Team | Help DocumentsSupport Requests

Yoo I'll take some of that action! I drew my icon, so that is basically what I look like, though I used artistic liberties with the style and color. Here, I just did a bit of cleanup on it to make it a better reference!

rabbitspring cleaned up.png

@Velvet Wings

Welp, I said I was gonna keep this quick and simple. I meant to do that. But. I got a bit carried away. *flails in art* Hope you like!

• Like 4

System of Rook and Akarthyx (median, co-hosts) and our dormant natural tulpa Aeolus.

@Charias
Ah! Oh gosh! That is amazing! :Love:
Thank you so much, I certainly wasn't expecting anything so detailed!

Velvet, Community Manager :teeheej:
If you need any help, have questions or would just like to chat please feel free to send me a message!

Kinmunity's Library | Our Staff Team | Help DocumentsSupport Requests

Hey, I've always been pretty crap at drawing, so I'd love it it you could draw my kintype for me if that's what you're doing here.  As for what I look like, just go off of my profile pic.  I was careful go with a photo of a coyote that looked as similar to me as possible.

@Curious Canine

Sorry friend, slots are full at the moment! I'm a slow worker, aha. But once I'm done this round of art I'll probably open slots up again! ^^

@Jahfari

Aaa finally got this done! Sorry for the wait! Turns out wolf colours are way harder than I thought, aha. I hope you like~

K9e1Z3t.png

• Like 3

@ArchieAce

I don't actually do commissions atm. I'm too flaky for that kind of responsibility! I prefer to just do art for fun anyway... the pressure of working for money makes it too stressful for me. I offer free stuff pretty often, though (well, uh, "often" by my standards, which is... not really that often because I'm such a slow worker, aha). Slots will probably open again at some point, but I'm not sure when!

On 1/20/2019 at 10:32 PM, Snowshoe said:

Yoo I'll take some of that action! I drew my icon, so that is basically what I look like, though I used artistic liberties with the style and color. Here, I just did a bit of cleanup on it to make it a better reference!

-snip-

I.. realised that "quick sketches" are not a thing I can actually do, because I have no self control and get carried away really easily aha. So then I was like. Okay, whatever, give in to the art!

Hope you like! 

D62HtEA.png

~ ~ ~

Okay, I'm opening up three more slots! Same rules/etc. apply as before, and... I mean, based on this thread you can probably see that I take a while to get these things done, so bear that in mind if you make a request~ ^^

• Like 4

Oooooo! I’d love a drawing of my true draconian self! I’m humanoid so if that wouldn’t be a bother I have refs of me! 

First is my own drawing! I have a weird anatomy, like longer neck, legs, and the such! 

Second is a commission of me by Insane-Artist on tumblr! She’s an amazing artists check here out though! That’s the reference to my scale and horn colors, though my drawing is more anatomy accurate! ^.=.^ 🐉🌌

You don’t have to though if you don’t want to! 

14716D47-010F-4747-B1BA-AA630DCCAA3B.jpeg

528A51C5-7E7F-4036-A8A0-F8A82D21C660.jpeg

Posted (edited)

*redacted; go to next*

Edited by WitchImage
Leaving site

I would love this if possible! I have a couple of Kintypes that you might be interested in if possible! (Borzoi, and Elf, also Fictokin (Reinhardt), and Faery (Nature Spirit) I would be happy to provide more detail on one you like!!

Call me Sunbie
(He/Him ◆ Xey/Xem)
Reinhardt (Overwatch) | Copper/Red Borzoi  | Faery (Nature Elemental & Satyr)

Guest Mika

Just popping in to say that the detail on that cat is, well, poppin'! I absolutely love the way you did the tufts of fur, and the detail of the eyes. Keep up the great work!! 👌