Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Murkrowzy

Carrying things with your mouth?

Anybody else just pick up things with your mouth & just carry them even though your hands are free?

I mostly pick up chip bags & light things, even though my hands are free. Then I just walk around with said thing. Mostly in public, so I've gotten weird looks from ppl. It just feels... right? Why use my hands when my teeth can do the job!

Usually when my hands are full I use that, even if the thing can be a bit heavy.

[PLURALSYS=color_hue=53;Z]I usually have to do that, wings aren't the best hands...Ha ha.[/PLURALSYS]

I carry my phone in my teeth, or a paper, sometimes clothes, or I pull on my pillows and blankets with my teeth when I settle in.

I don't necessarily "carry" things in my mouth, but I do you my mouth for a lot other than eating. Like, I have this really awful habit of biting and nibbling /everything/. It's awful.

Most of my kintypes had prehensile forelimbs so I never really put too much in my mouth unless my hands/paws/claws were full. And so I do the same now.

One thing I did consistently put in my mouth, even if my hands were free were gems/precious metals when I was a dragon. It was easier to fight off others who would steal them from me if my claws were free. So I often get the urge to place pieces of my crystal collection or my jewelry in my mouth to carry or just hold there.

I do this normally if my hands are full of things, though the urge is there to carry and manipulate things with my mouth. Sometimes I do arrange blankets and stuff around me with my mouth when I'm settling down to sleep and feel like making a "den" of sorts with blankets.

Sometimes I do arrange blankets and stuff around me with my mouth when I'm settling down to sleep and feel like making a "den" of sorts with blankets.

I do that too, when I go inside my "den" I feel so warm and secure...

Yeah I do that a whole lot. With food too, it's kinda gross when I think about it honestly. I sometimes accidentally do it around non-kin friends, it's just a habit.

[PLURALSYS=color_hue=235;Atlantis]Ah I do this sometimes too. Mostly when I'm alone but often without noticing it.[/PLURALSYS]

I feel the desire to want to grab things with my feet, but I can't. Curse the stubby human toes. Sometimes I hold things in my mouth, but only when my hands are busy. Particularly this happens with pencils and paint brushes.

Ehh, I don't go out of my way to hold things in my mouth... my parents trained that out of me, I guess. :P If I'm particularly shifted I might go to grab something with my mouth without thinking, but then I usually get confused about how short my face is and end up distracted. My attention span is short enough for that to happen.

Sometimes I do arrange blankets and stuff around me with my mouth when I'm settling down to sleep and feel like making a "den" of sorts with blankets.

Okay, I'll admit I do that though. I get some very funny looks from my dogs, haha.

Oh, and the food thing. Yeah. I don't tend to eat with my face because I end up with food up my nose, but I do prefer eating with my hands! I'll never forgetti the one time I tried that with spaghetti. That was an... adventure, for sure.

I very frequently use my mouth to hold/carry things, which is odd seeing as my kin type has 4 arms. I'm not sure if this habit is a hold over from the kin part of me therefore or whether it's just a proclivity I picked up all my own.

I don't overly find myself holding things in my mouth, unless my hands are full. I am often picking things up with my feet though or even opening doors with them when my hands aren't free.

I feel the urge to carry my wolf pup plushie at times. But since I was just a pup sitter father in my past life those urges are few. But other desires, sometimes food bags.

Usually I use my mouth as a second hand, so you'll see me with my food in one hand and a 20 oz of coke or a bag of chips in my mouth. I'm even careful so I don't drool on the 20 oz!

All the time honestly. I often carry snacks and things upstairs like this and run up the steps on all fours cause shifting like that is great.

i do this also like a couple of mins ago i was carring a water bottle up my stairs

I do this a lot when I shift as a coyote. I get really nest-y and I want to burrow in my bed and put objects in the tornado of sheets.