Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Thrakeina

Pokémon Companions!

35 posts in this topic

Okay, so this is my idea. For all you Pokékin out there, feel free to use this as an opportunity to list your ideal team, travel companion, or just say something about your kintype.

For those of us who aren't, with the entirety of the Pokédex at your disposal, pick a 'mon that would be a great traveling companion for you either as a human or as your kintype. The Pikachu to your Ash.

This was an idea randomly spawned by reading too much of a fanfiction called the Derpédex and thinking about Pokémon Go too hard.

Example:

Even though my favorite is probably Lampent, I'd have to pick Stunfisk. Our combined "wtf?" factor would be awesome, and I could see it growing on me.

[PLURALSYS=color_hue=360;Teresa]Magcargo. Is this even a question? I say magma mollusk all the way. He could sit on my lap and I'd pat him on the shell and grin at the terrified masses.[/PLURALSYS]

Salamence becasue it is just a cool pokemon to have. It requires patient to let it evolve to it's final form but it would feel worth it that I would take the time for that then having a pokemon with a rather fast chance of evolving. Plus its mega evolution is also cool.

Garchomp is would also be awesome to travel with. Just the it's whole appearane makes it really worth it and a good companion too.

Aegislash is also one because why not having a ghost sword on your team? Would make the whole experience also awesome.

Zigzagoons! All over! I wouldn't battle, I don't plan to be the very best! Love the little things. No need to be exceptionally big and scary if you don't plan to fight! <3

Haxorus would be a great travel companion! I'd also love an Umbreon.

In my opinion, if I had to pick a travelling companion it would be a Charizard. I know, so unoriginal, but it'd be my dream to find a Mega Bracelet and have a Mega Charizard X by my side. ^^

Jangmo-o would be my companion, the new 7th dragon type pokémon, or Type Null for ride.

HOW COULD I FORGET MIMIKYU???? I would love one of those as well! :heart:

For me, as funny as this sounds, I think I would get along great with Jigglypuff, specifically the one from the anime. As a machine, I wouldn't have to worry about being put to sleep by his songs, and I could record him singing, give him a whole sound system to sing through. :)

Magikarp/Gyarados.

There is no question whatsoever. I also love Ninetales, Sceptile, Lucario, Mew, Mewtwo, and Leafeon, but nothing really compares to the love I give my Gyarados/Magikarp (whom I have eloquently named "Sushi"). They are definitely my "Pikachu to their Ash". I love Sushi so freaking much. I think they are actually my (two) favorite of all Pokemon without question.

Chandelure, has been one of my favorite Pokemon of all time.

Its just sooo cool, so elegant, so...ughhhhhh

(Also, Mimikyuu is bae. ;-; )

Awww man, there are so many good ones!

I guess a Ninetails would be my main travelling companion!

Umbreon and Houndoom are pretty cool too though, so they would probably make up the rest of my team.

*banging fists on table* Serperior! Serperior! Serperior!

*banging intensifies* Aegislash! Aegislash! Aegislash!

For some reason I only like pokemon that look really fussy, and those two are the fussiest babies I've ever seen.

Amusingly, the Pokemon I'm questioning as a kintype is not the one I most identify with or the one I would choose as a companion.

See, I feel I am an Alola Marowak, based on memories, shifts, and those unstoppable feelings, but I don't feel Marowak is such a companion to me, as opposed to who I am.

If I could choose any Pokémon as a companion, I've always felt a strong companionship in Lucario. The Pokémon I identify most with are Lucario, Weavile, Mewtwo, Giratina and Zoroark, but Weavile and Lucario have been the two that I have imagined by my side throughout my life, since a young age.

Sandshrew. Sandshrew. SANDSHREW.

They are my baby and I love them and no one will ever harm them.

But if I had to choose between the regular and Alolan Sandshrew, I would choose the regular. Because it is just an adorable chub and just I love them.

[PLURALSYS=color_hue=26;Papyrus]I would take a Scraggy tbh.[/PLURALSYS]

[PLURALSYS=color_hue=301;Bell]SLOWPOKE[/PLURALSYS]

ZEKROM. HANDS DOWN. I know most people wouldn't think legendary Pokemon count, but I suppose in B/W canon it's entirely possible for one of the two dragons to become a companion... and Zekrom is really just an important Pokemon to me anyhow.

If not, I'd go with Sceptile and some way to Mega Evolve it, also for sentimental reasons. (First starter and my first Pokemon I ever raised to level 100, plus its Mega is part Dragon-type...)

Hmm..hard to say. Maybe it's just because I have Sun and Moon on the mind, but how about Bewear? It's adorable, loves hugs, is full of destructive power, and is my favorite type (Fighting). If I could ride on its back, it would seal the deal :evilsmile:

My favorite Pokemon, Infernape, is another good choice. Monkeys are awesome, especially super powerful fire breathing monkeys.

I would definitely hang out with Charizard. If I were physically my kintype, Charizard and I would be bro's. As a human, I would just fly on Charizard instead of learning how to drive. Flying seems like a lot more fun anyway.

If I had to pick a pint-sized companion it would probably be a Treecko since his attitude is most like my own.

This is such a toss-up. If in kin form, definitely Murkrow as they're absolutely precious and we could fly together.

If in human form, it's honestly very split between Eevee and Arcanine. If this is just for everyday world like here then Eevee, but if the world were more like pokemon then Arcanine I guess?

I just want all the fluffs honestly

My first Pokemon and companion is a charmander. :) When I played my first Pokemon game, firered, charmander was my main and first Pokemon I evolved and levelled to 100.

The Host: I'd want an Absol! Because they're my favorite. I love both the regular and mega forms. Plus, I love dark types.

Auriel: A flying type, perhaps. Or one of the baby pokemon. I'm partial towards Cleffa especially. c:

Elliot the monster: A dog-looking one like me! Like Arcanine or Growlithe or Poochyena.

--The Sanctuary

I feel like Sylveon would be perfect for me ;____; not just because they are fairy type, but also because they remind me of my cat

Without thinking Salamence. Most dragon-like dragon type pokémon in game. I can imagine myself with Salamence at night, next to bonfire watching falling stars in the sky... (ok,ok, stop these fantasies :P) Mega-Salamence is also a great choice for competitive battling.

And Charizard. The most overrated pokémon ever. But I don't care, I love him too.