Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Ada'i

Your favorite texture of food?

Normally I see threads with favorite foods or other things like it so I decided why not make one for the texture of food!

In this just choose a food that you love the texture of and explain why you like it!

For me, it's watermelon. As long as it's sweet enough I also love the taste. I wouldn't say it's my favorite food but I love that I'm usually able to eat it without using my teeth and it also feels like I'm �drinking at the same time. Don't care so much for the seeds though.

I'm very much into the textures of food. Watermelon's a great one for me, too!

My favorite textures would have to be foamy and creamy. I love lemon marengue(sp?) pie. My favorite thing about foamy food is the sound of it and the way it smooshes in my mouth without having to chew it.

Creamy is just delicious.

I also love fizzy drinks. They, too, make a sound! And I love the feeling in my mouth and throat as they go down.

I like the texture of dry chicken. One of the reasons I love supermarket rotisserie chickens so much is because the wings get overcooked, and the meat is nice and dry and chewy. I guess this applies to other meats too, considering beef jerky is my favourite snack.

I also like sort of slimy/jellied textures, where the food just slides down your throat. I can't think of any specific examples for this one though (aside from the obvious jelly) I just have a vague memory of eating something slimy and my mum hating it while I enjoyed it.

The texture of fish is one of the main reasons why I like fish so much. A fair amount of fish is fairly bland, (although there is some really flavorful fish). It's difficult to describe to someone who hasn't had it, but it's just that magnificent soft, yet firm meaty texture.

However, I really really like the texture of apples. It's just so satisfying to bite into a nice juicy apple.

Watermelon is awesome. I also love jello and mashed potatoes are probably my favorite. Noodles are great, but they're also my favorite food, not sure if that counts. Lol

I love anything crunchy, raw carrot, apples (smushy apples are the worst), raw pepper, I like my veggies cooked to the minimum so broccoli and asparagus still crunchy. Crisps and poppadoms also have that satisfying crunch when you eat them.

Crunchy meaty things are my preferred texture, though I really enjoy the feel of gummy candies and similar things ^^

[PLURALSYS=Kyle]I really like crunchier stuff myself, but I also like stuff with the type texture of cheesecake! (I can't think of a word for that texture, I guess creamy would work?)

I really like stuff like watermelon too, because of the whole thing of it feeling like you're drinking it and eating it at the same time, plus I may or may not love spitting out the seeds...

And I like cotton candy mostly just because it's got the soft texture and pretty much melts in your mouth! (I don't like how sticky it is in my hands, though.)

(I think I may have a food texture problem, now that I'm looking at the length of this post...)[/PLURALSYS]

[PLURALSYS=Mal]I myself like the texture of things like fried chicken, but without the skin/crust/whatever it's called. Pretty much, the whole "able to pull it apart easily" thing. I really like fish too, because of how easy it is to pull it apart. Plus, with those, we can get away with eating with our hands, which is a bonus.

Other than that, I like stuff that's kind of chewy, but also a little bit tough? Steak and non-ground beef come to mind for me here.

Long story short, I like the texture of meat.[/PLURALSYS]

I love all kinds of textures! I like crunchy apples, soft mashed potatoes, slick noodles, crispy toast. I haven't found a texture I haven't liked yet lol.

Ok.... maybe tres leches cake. I'm not a fan of soggy bread. But that's the only one I can think of lol.

The flaky texture of baked pastries (flaky pie crust, biscuits, scones, baklava)

Thin chewy chocolate chip cookies when they are still warm

The way that a rare steak melts into your mouth

The little bit of ice that makes it into a margarita... ;)

soft fatty pork jerky, the fat part of bacon, melted cheese, boba or whatever those little burst in your mouth things are, deer backstrap fried in olive oil, yogurt, really moist cake

[PLURALSYS=color_hue=0;Eren]Whatever you consider the texture of watermelon and the texture of strawberries. Also, the texture of a really juicy red apple.[/PLURALSYS]

Crunch... crunch... crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch.

Yeah, definitely crunchy. Carrots are my favorite food right now. I'm pescatarian, but I've had the thought that I love crunchy foods because they remind me of the crunch of bone.

I also like chewy. And sticky, like nut and seed butter, the kind of food you need to wash down with a cold tasty beverage.

Peace,

Devin

I love creamy and foamy foods. I also like foods that you have to really bite into, and them they let out this juicy flavor. A meal fit for a prince!

The texture of well-made fish. Dry, tough fish is kind of gross. I like mine plump and juicy, like I can just put it in my mouth and not have to do much chewing.

This is making me hungry for some well-made fish.

Al dente pasta is the *best* thing. Seriously, I'll eat plain pasta like that just for the texture of it!

I like watermelon too, partly because of the texture, and partly because it's the only food I've ever found that really reminds me of eating as a wolf (y'know, sticking your whole damn face in a smelly carcass for noms, because that's totally a desirable thing) - only when I've got a really big slice of it though. That + the colour + the juice going everywhere... best food for shifts. Haha, I'm so weird.

Apparently I'm not the only one that thinks that, though.

Al dente pasta is the *best* thing. Seriously, I'll eat plain pasta like that just for the texture of it!

I like watermelon too, partly because of the texture, and partly because it's the only food I've ever found that really reminds me of eating as a wolf (y'know, sticking your whole damn face in a smelly carcass for noms, because that's totally a desirable thing) - only when I've got a really big slice of it though. That + the colour + the juice going everywhere... best food for shifts. Haha, I'm so weird.

Apparently I'm not the only one that thinks that, though.

Totally agree on the watermelon thing. I love it but it always makes a huge mess and gets all over my face.

[PLURALSYS=color_hue=191;Hal]I love crunchy or harder foods. Hard candies, fresh veggies, fried food, and frozen food are some of my favorites! I love the way it feels when they crunch when i'm eating them since it's kind of like eating bones when i was dragon [/PLURALSYS]

Ohhh, gosh, thick soups. Like, potato soup, tomato soup, and chowders. Brothy soups are nice, but they don't fill you up as much, you know? Thick soups just feel so comforting and warm.

Also, potatoes. I'm a sucker for starch in general but potatoes have such a nice texture. They're squishy, but not slimy.

I love sticky foods, and any crunchy or soft cream foods...also anything gummy.

--- Post updated ---

I also love the texture of bread and pasta...and cheese and eggs....