Updates 01/25/2018 - 📰​​​​​​​ News & Announcements - Kinmunity Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Updates 01/25/2018

The last update was pretty minor, I actually felt bad about making a thread for it. This thread actually catalogs a series of updates that were made to Kinmunity silently over the last few days, including several that were made early this morning. Essentially, we've got: 7 feature updates, a bug fix, and two maintenance actions this time around. Thank you to everyone who helps support the site!

Features

• 132 Cat Emojis added.
  • Wolven theme is back and better than ever; it's been completely revamped!
    • Four brand new backgrounds to choose from, with a transparent dark view! They've been chosen with kintypes in mind!
  • Vulpes theme has been updated!
    • Three new backgrounds in addition to the default! They've been chosen with kintypes in mind!
  • Social Media URLs (which display on your hover-card and profile) can now be customized; available in the bones shop! See my profile for an example.
  • The first of a series of badges has been added; the famed Elven Star, which is often used as a symbol of otherkinity; it's also available in the bones shop!
  • VIPs can now select a small icon to appear next to their username; this will be in the account settings! You can see my account as an example!
  • A new forms system has been added. This may sound boring, but it'll let us do so many different things (contests, automatic applications, etc) on the site much easier!

Bug Fix

• A system was added recently that would fine members fifteen bones for necromancy of a dead introduction thread; however, it worked opposite as intended and fined users for posting in recent threads! This has been fixed, fines will now process as normal.
    • All users who were fined by this system received their bones back today in the form of a manually awarded credit; sorry for the trouble!

Maintenance

• All packages on ikari were updated to latest version to help keep Kinmunity secure!
  • Misc security improvements to further prevent unauthorized access to the server itself.

• Like 1

Naia "Shiro" Ōkami (keybase)
Site Administrator & Founder

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

I'm probably just being dense, but... how do I change themes? I can't figure it out for the life of me!

~: Eurasian wolf :|: nature spirit :|: nimravid :~

System of Rook and Akarthyx (median, co-hosts) and our natural tulpa/fictive Aeolus.

@Charias

Down at the left hand side of the footer there is a "Theme" option which lets you select your theme.
To change the background image up in the header where notifications/PMs and such appear there's a "Change background image" option.

• Useful 3

Velvet, Community Manager :teeheej:
If you need any help, have questions or would just like to chat please feel free to send me a message!

Kinmunity's Library | Our Staff Team | Help DocumentsSupport Requests

9 hours ago, Velvet Wings said:

@Charias

Down at the left hand side of the footer there is a "Theme" option which lets you select your theme.
To change the background image up in the header where notifications/PMs and such appear there's a "Change background image" option.

Thank you! I had the same question and I'm glad someone asked because I wasn't sure how to word it :Laugh:

Fur cold~Heart warm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arctic Wolf, Black Shuck, Harpy