First time here - 💬​​​​​​​ Chit Chat - Kinmunity Jump to content

Hello there,

I'm a newbie to the site and I just wanted to say hi.

Also, I would like to state sort of why I'm questioning if I'm kin or not.

First off, I've always been interested in spirituality and fully believe in reincarnation.

I've heard alot about real vampirism and about spiritual shifting such as lycanthrope.

This led me to the discovery of otherkin.

This, and the fact that one of my favourite witchy youtubers is dragon kin and she's very open and willing to talk about it.

I've heard about otherkins mentioning their experiences and for a while I've been contemplating my identity.

I do carry some animalistic behaviours.

Whenever I was much younger I would often hiss and growl at most people, I considered it a defensive mechanism.

I also refer to my nails as claws, often because they're long, but I've always liked the idea of them being called that.

I've thoughts about the idea of trying meditation to help, though my schedule's busy, I hope to get round to it soon.

Feel free to talk about your experiences as I'm open to them and would like to hear what you all have to say.

Firstly, welcome to the site.

Otherkin are people who identify in some way as nonhuman, obviously on a non-physical level - this can be either spiritual or psychological.

I’m curious, would you say you identify as nonhuman?

Account shared by Mirath and his contractor Gareth

My blog is the rambling and musings of a wandering fictionkin

Thanks, it's nice to meet you.

Thanks for the quick run down on what otherkin is.

As for your question, I would say I'm questioning.

I feel as though I'm not fully human, though I find it difficult to pinpoint exactly what it is.

I've felt drawn to different things, though still feel a bit lost.

What kind of nonhuman creatures are you drawn to, that might be a start?

I know some people go by meditation, but I’ll let someone who actually uses it say more about that.

Account shared by Mirath and his contractor Gareth

My blog is the rambling and musings of a wandering fictionkin

Hello Negora, welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy your time here, and I wish you luck in finding the meaning behind these feelings you've been having~

The discovery process can be long and confusing, so don't worry if you're not sure yet exactly what these experiences mean. We've all been there! Just take your time and stay true to yourself. And feel free to ask questions if you have them - either on the forum itself, or through PMs (I can't speak for others of course, but personally I'm happy to chat)!

As for meditation, I recommend starting small. For the first few times just do <5 minutes of relaxation and trying to concentrate on your breathing (counting the breaths helps a lot). Then build up! It definitely helps if you can find time every day to just meditate for maybe 10-15 minutes. Longer sessions can be good for proper self-discovery - but start small, and take your time. I definitely recommend finding some good beginner guided meditations. If you have a smartphone there's this neat app you can get called Headspace which has some of the best starter meditations I've ever used, but everything except the first 10 basic lessons is locked behind a paywall, which is meh. But you can totally just download it, do the free meditations, then uninstall it ahah.

~: Eurasian wolf :|: nature spirit :|: nimravid :~

System of Rook and Akarthyx (median, co-hosts) and our natural tulpa/fictive Aeolus.