Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

AceOfTricks

Anyone interested in an Art Contest

Are you interested?   5 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Would anyone be interested in an art contest with the prize being 800,000 KinCash?

I was thinking of making the topic to draw be my sonas and the one I like most gets the KinCash. I used to enter contests on gaiaonline like that all of the time and nobody draws fanart of my sonas anymore. *shrug*

I'll put up a post with some refs in a bit.

Hmmm so basically this is more like a commission thread? That actually feels morally dubious to me, artists should be paid for what they do if they're making art that you can still use regardless if they don't win.

That doesn't really seem fun. Having a more generalized contest would be more entertaining for everyone.

Hmmm so basically this is more like a commission thread? That actually feels morally dubious to me, artists should be paid for what they do if they're making art that you can still use regardless if they don't win.

That doesn't really seem fun. Having a more generalized contest would be more entertaining for everyone.

I'm not going to /use/ it. It'll just be a themed drawing contest, themed on my own characters.

If that's no fun I'll just dump the cash somewhere.

I'm not going to /use/ it. It'll just be a themed drawing contest, themed on my own characters.

If that's no fun I'll just dump the cash somewhere.

Just because you aren't going to use it you're still getting free art of your characters. If some one wants to draw your characters then that's fine for them but this isn't a great theme if you want people to be involved.

I entered many of these and enjoyed them. Excuse me for thinking other people might enjoy it as well.

It's your contest you can choose the theme. That's typically how themed contest work. Though, to possibly make those who have difficulty with human structure a tad happier, how about you do a broader theme that revolves around your sona. So like let's say Loki is the theme. Then they can draw things related to Loki such as the six legged horse (whose name I forget) or his staff or the like. If they want they can draw Loki but there are other aspects of his life and lore that people can draw from. But ultimately, it's your contest and you can pick whatever you want drawn. Those that don't like the theme can just sit out of this one. I'm sure this will start a flush of art contest. I know that once I get bones, I'll probably be hosting one.

~Jessie

It's your contest you can choose the theme. That's typically how themed contest work. Though, to possibly make those who have difficulty with human structure a tad happier, how about you do a broader theme that revolves around your sona. So like let's say Loki is the theme. Then they can draw things related to Loki such as the six legged horse (whose name I forget) or his staff or the like. If they want they can draw Loki but there are other aspects of his life and lore that people can draw from. But ultimately, it's your contest and you can pick whatever you want drawn. Those that don't like the theme can just sit out of this one. I'm sure this will start a flush of art contest. I know that once I get bones, I'll probably be hosting one.

~Jessie

I have a bunch of animal sonas too actually. The majority of them are dogs and dragons, and the one is a shapeshifter so it shouldn't be a problem for people who can't draw humans to do. Lulz

I'm glad to hear you're going to host one too. ^_^

I gave all of my bones to Spiritual Hunters. I'm taking a break from the forums.