What would you do if you could be yourself - 🎉​​​​​​​ Fun & Games - Kinmunity Jump to content

What would you do if you could be yourself

If you could physically be your kintype, even for a day, what would you do?  Imagine that you just woke up one morning and you were that creature.  What would you do?

If you have multiple kintypes, then you could write a separate paragraph for each one.

Personally, if I just woke up one morning as a coyote, I know exactly what I would do.  Assuming I could somehow manage to open my front door, (I imagine it would be much harder with paws), I would run over to a park that's about a 15 minute walk from my house.  It's almost nothing but woods.  Then I'd just spend the rest of the day screwing around and doing whatever.  I'd probably try hunting at least once or twice.  After all, I was never fast enough to catch those rabbits and squirrels on human feet.

Edited by Curious Canine
  • Like 1

Fantastic question! Oh, this would be soo great. Of course I'd have pulverized my own house and the whole neighborhood by a full dragon transform.. I wouldn't actually care unless somebody got hurt, so let's assume everybody just felt the earthquake caused by the transformation and had enough time to escape. Also, I could have awakened in draconian form which would be less troublesome.

So, I'd be doing the obvious. Stretch my wings and... fly! All day long. Dance in the sky. A dragon's celebration of life. As fast as I can, as high as I can. I'd soar through the air and the clouds, and swoop down from high above. Fly low over a lake, looking at my image and touching the water with my claw. Soar over cities, forests, meadows, and mountains. Maybe even follow the sun and fly around the whole world. Enjoy my connection to nature to the fullest. Eventually meet animals, trying to make them know they don't need to fear me. Maybe breathe a bit of fire into the air just for the joy. I'd do everything I could to make this permanent. And I wouldn't bother being seen or heard. I'd fly over cities and roar. I'd let everyone know that dragons were for real and magic would finally be back in this world.

I'm yearning for this so much, it almost gives me tears when I seriously think about this. I can feel it.

Western Guardian Dragon

Um.....hm well, if I had the ability to regain my personality  and form of Allen...actually let me stop right here- going into mature territory xD..

Alright so basic things- 

I'd try to regain my ability to shift/phase change, and then I guess I'd get a taste of freedom by running and such, releasing pent up energy. Of course then it's back to human life because this is not the world I'm used to as a changeling and I'd be shot down if I phase changed in front of people. But people aside, I long for that freedom of running through nature unafraid of being hurt or getting too lost (as I am now. A thin, lost looking figure like me does not go places by herself.) Now If would if I knew how to phase change and ward off potential danger. HA 

Edited by Vintage

Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted
~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Ooh, fun thread.

If I turned into a wolf... well, assuming it happens in my flat, I'd have to hope I'd already unlocked the front door or I'd be stuck for a while! If it's unlocked, I could probably open it. My first instinct would be to go find my "pack", which right now would be my family who live round the corner from my place. So I'd get my dog to come along with me and wander over there, then try and get someone to open the door, then probably go lounge on the settee while my mum freaks out because there's a wolf in her house. In a country where wolves have been extinct for centuries. Also I'd probably raid the fridge. My parents actually buy meat, unlike me, and yeah there's no way they'd stop me just eating all that. Because. Wolf. Food. Eat the food. FOOD. Then I might, like, go out into the garden and hop over the wall into the park and just go for a wander? But there's not many cool places for a wolf to go around here... just lots of farmland, and I might get shot if I ended up in a field with livestock in it. And I don't like open spaces when I m-shift. There's not much in the way of forest around here... in the end I'd probably end up getting spooked by something. (Cars? Major spook. Big loud shiny monsters, run away). Assuming I don't get shot, and nobody realises there is actually a wolf wandering around, I'd probably try to make my family recognise me and just kinda take up life as a weird, complicated "pet". I have no idea how long I could manage to pass as a dog, though. I might eventually end up being taken by the authorities and probably sent off to the wildlife centre nearby that already houses wolves. Which... would not be fun for me. Getting dumped with a bunch of stranger-wolves that I would definitely perceive as a threat? Being taken away from my pack? Oof, nope.

Leopard... would be even more awkward. Assuming I could figure out how to open the door, I'd probably try to slink away, but. I'm in the middle of a town! That wouldn't go well! A wolf walking around would probably be mistaken for a big dog and ignored, but there's no mistaking a goddamn leopard. So. I'd get caught, most likely. Sent off to a zoo. There would be a lot of confusion about where I'd came from and how I ended up so far from any place that houses leopards. I would be terrified, and aggressive because of it. I'd try and find a way to sneak off and disappear into some field or woodland, but eh, I don't like my odds of that in a place like this. But after a lot of stress and hassle, I'd probably end up in an enclosure in a zoo or wildlife centre, and might start to settle down a bit. I'd like to think that after a while I might even regain some understanding of myself, even if it's vague, and feel less threatened by the humans around me. I don't think it'd necessarily be a bad life, but. I definitely wouldn't choose it.

Now, for my spirit kintype, well... that's even more complicated. Assuming I somehow gained a physical form that had all the properties of my spiritual one, ahh well... it would be. Something. Umm. I mean there would definitely be a period of just. Flying around, enjoying the freedom and the feeling of the wind, and relishing the connectedness with everything. I'd probably go explore some of the nearby towns and cities, get a good look at everything. People would be screaming, and fleeing. I wouldn't care and would make no effort to try and alleviate their fears, because spirit-me just. Doesn't care about that kind of thing. I wouldn't do anything destructive, just observe. Humanity is interesting, y'know? But. I really don't think people would take well to some massive stone dragonbeast wandering around their cities. Maybe it'd end up being like one of those cheesy movies where the military gets involved to try and kill the big scary monster - which wouldn't work, since spirit-me can't die or be injured, no more than you could kill or injure a rock. I'd probably be amused by them, if anything. Over time, with all my non-hostility and effort to avoid damaging anything (or anyone), people would, I imagine, start to get used to my presence. Some sciency folks might try and study me, and I'd let them. Some people might even try to communicate with me, which I might respond to, might not. And life would go on. I just hope my human emotions wouldn't leak in, because if they did... well, then I'd probably try to change some things, and that would end badly. Good as my intentions might be. I think the best case scenario would be that humanity might eventually gain some kind of understanding of what I am, and that might push them to respect their planet a bit more. Even if it's just because of the threat that I might one day turn on them if they don't change their ways. This is the only one of my kintypes where I can really say that I'd be okay with it. I wouldn't choose it, but. I think it'd be very peaceful to be able to watch over my planet in a physical form. Though... I'm not sure I'd be able to incarnate again, and that would make me sad.

Fun thread. Unfun response to thread. I maybe was too realistic about this, aha.

Soooo suffice to say I'm happy enough to remain human!

• Like 1

~: Eurasian wolf :|: nature spirit :|: nimravid :~

System of Rook and Akarthyx (median, co-hosts) and our natural tulpa/fictive Aeolus.

6 hours ago, Charias said:

Maybe it'd end up being like one of those cheesy movies where the military gets involved to try and kill the big scary monster - which wouldn't work, since spirit-me can't die or be injured

I also thought about this after my first post. The military will probably chase me with jets and attack me with cruise missiles. It's laughable though. They have nothing that could seriously hurt me. I'd simply outrun them, play with them, or in the worst case give them a clear warning shot.

6 hours ago, Charias said:

I think the best case scenario would be that humanity might eventually gain some kind of understanding of what I am, and that might push them to respect their planet a bit more.

It won't surprise you that I was thinking about the same thing. That's why I wouldn't bother to be seen, but rather aim for it. But I think it wouldn't work. So I'd probably search for ways to make them understand. Because honestly, what human society does to the planet... all that pollution, the unneccessary killing of animals... I don't like it at all. It needs to stop. Yes, life will still persist, but the more I think of it... I'm just sad for every species that gets extincted due to society's doing rather than natural means. If things are not corrected now, I fear the next 1000 years will be comparable with mass extinction of dinosaurs. I'm not only talking about climate change. We're also facing massive overpopulation and pollution of oceans with plastics. Or take the decimation of bees and insects we're talking about nowadays. It's a clear sign that things vital to the ecosystem are starting to rapidly change. It makes a part of me fear for the worst. The planet ecosystem is tripping over the edge. And it will strike back badly. After dinosaurs died, it took some 10 million years for life to recover. That's still not that long, but...

So I'd really go for it and try to make humanity  understand. Actively, by giving them signs. If direct communication wouldn't work, I'd at least repeatedly occur in front of whaler boats and scare the hell out of them until they'd finally get an idea about what I'm up to. I'm not too sure what I can do with this blueish plasma energy I always see in meditation, but if possible, I'd use that to at least give them a clear indication that humanity needs to stop fighting nature and respect it as an ally. In the best case, I can use it to just force-connect all human minds to natural life as strong as I can.. just for a short while. Such that everyone realizes they're a part of it all.

That's how it is.. I'm a radical dragon environmentalist :squintderg:

Western Guardian Dragon

It wouldn't be much different than what I do now, cause my kintype is still mostly human. I'm a cat girl, so I'm just a human with cat ears and a tail. I'd prolly spend a lot of time looking in the mirror at my ears, twitching them a lot and just studying them. I'd play with my own tail a bit. But mostly I'd just do what I always do, which is just sit online all day. I'd be afraid to go out, cause I'd be afraid I'd get weird looks, and I don't like attention being drawn to me. 

Right now, since I feel the ears and stuff anyway, I just pretend they are there, but its normal so no one says anything.

Guest MariaTheFictionkin

Get far, far, FAR away from mankind as possible. Especially if I was a xenomorph or my mutation self. If I could be with Zack again then I'd take that route as well.

Wow well if I woke up one day as a black-backed jackal in a suburban area in America I’d probably be facked because I live in Africa and have really no way of leaving my house, especially without someone seeing. And honestly, realistically, I would probably stay in the house anyway, or somehow try to convince my family who I was, because even though they were human, I wouldn’t want to leave them. Sure, I’d like to go back to the wild, but if there was some way of doing that and keeping my family nearby that would be like the best thing ever :GrinandWiggle:

• Like 1

This is fun,  I don't really have anything I could do, I do have a small wooded area and a field behind my house, but the field is really close to the road and I'd probably get like the cops called, and the woods are supers small a densely packed, so not much I could do there. But if I could I'd probably try to hunt and just run around enjoying my self lol

I'd start by going ZOOM!

I'd fly through the air at supersonic speeds, maybe play with the clouds. People might wonder about the freak weather changes and random booms. Not sure if they'd be able to see me or not. 

Then I'd go visit friends and family, others like me. That reunion might be a little noisy too. 😎

Once I stopped freaking out with joy, I'd probably settle somewhere, maybe here, maybe somewhere else, and go back to using my magic to keep the place stable. 

Red Tailed Hawk Therian / Polymorph / Spirit Being / Anthro Hawk / Deitykin

I'm a Heru. No, not that one. 

Not to be a downer, but I think I'd actually be terrified to physically become my kintype in this life if it weren't exclusively in private.  Seeing that my species doesn't exist on this planet, I would be afraid of harsh judgement or fear from folks around me.  It's unfortunate, but unless I could go exploring in space like I used to, I probably wouldn't want to physically be my kintype.  😞

~Vic~

(they/them)

Alienkin // Mollymauk Tealeaf // Kurt Wagner

Run. Out of town. What would humans do if they saw an anthropomorphic hedgehog walking around? Even my parents? Probably kill first ask later, knowing and being human myself. The reaction from people would be fear and calling the cops, and the cops would most likely draw on me. Then again, I was bulletproof... Maybe it wouldn't matter so much?

I'd probably call up a close friend and hang out in the local wetlands or woods near my house with him--as brooding as I am I'd want company. I'd test my Chaos Powers and if I did have any, I'd have some fun with them. Teleporting, chaos control, chaos spears--those were my favourite. I think a chaos blast would cause a bit more of an issue so I wouldn't even try it, lol. I'd just enjoy myself and relax after that, lay down and talk, finally being me. Finally being back in the body I long for. 

Zonic the Zone Cop, at your service.

ring_gif_by_1luigifan54321s-d5c3590.gif.85ac46ec054ce015cfad5084b95a031a.gif

I wanna be a bird! Or maybe I don't...I'd have to try it first.

I'd have to learn how to fly. And swimming might take some getting used to because in my current body, water always gets up my nose. Not a problem when you're a cormorant, but I'd keep forgetting that.

As for my other type, well- I'd want to become it just to finally know for certain what it is! If it's a pachy, well, I don't know about that. Do I want to become a world-famous exhibit? Because I'm probably going to become a world-famous exhibit. I think I'd still do it. Anything to finally be something that feels right and have a concrete identity.

Double-Crested Cormorant | Anhinga | Pachycephalosaurus

there is always a way - you just need to find it - if you can't find the way, make the way

Well as a cat kintype lemme tell you guys, my idea of a good time as a house cat would probably be just hiding somewhere dark and chasing a mouse or something then finding someone to call me their good kitty again.

But as a deer, oh unholy squid. I Iive in southern America. The deep south as it's called here in the states. This is the good ol south where a friggin white tailed deer could just walk up on your front porch like it's nothing (and usually it's not anything big, I leave out corn to feed my deer people!). Assuming I managed not to die going down my 2 different flights of hardwood stairs (hooves and wood floors would never mix, let alone a bunch of wooden planks stacked up to where one slip and you'll probably trip and die or at least loose an antler) I'd have to pray it's not deer season or pray my neighbors aren't out wandering their neck of the woods that day. Once I made it from there though, I'd probably just taste test alot of the food local deer eat and maybe find a few other bucks to go head to head with. 

Edited by Catums
Spelling

Hmm, well I suppose it would depend on what kind of cat I ended up as. Domestic would be easy enough, I could just make my home here. It would be nice to be able to stretch and climb and run the way I feel I should. If I ended up as some type of big cat though, that would be awkward. And if I ended up as the weird feline mix I experience phantoms as, well, that would likely cause a big stir as not only it is a weird looking thing but also has features from prehistoric cats. Heh.

Honestly I don't think I'd really want to turn into a cat though. I'm good as I am and while cats are nice enough I'd rather be a human or wolf or dog or... well argonian might be pretty cool so let's think about that.

I can't really see people accepting a magical lizard humanoid thing into society so I suppose I'd be pretty isolated. I'm not much for company though so it wouldn't bother me too much, although I would still want to get time with my partner... assuming she wasn't put off by my new appearance. heh.

For the most part though I'd be quite happy to try and slip off into the river/sea and just live in the waters. It's only a 2 min walk from my house so I think I could do that easily enough, wait for the streets to quiet after dark and clothing could help hide my appearance too... Oh, but first I'd go take a good look at myself in a mirror! Trying to figure out exactly how my argonian form looks is something I'm still struggling with so to see myself would be awesome. 
I'd have to learn to catch fish again I suppose but I have some memories of that so hopefully it wouldn't take too long. And it might take a bit of practice to get my magic working as well as I used to.
The thought of just spending the majority of my life underwater makes me happy. It's the thing I miss most from my memories. I feel as though water is a part of me and while the waters here are not like my home, they're far closer then the paved streets and brick houses. Being able to dive down and not worry about coming up for a breath would be amazing.

Of course if this was some fairytale and people magically just accepted me I could spend more time on land. I'd probably volunteer at a hospital to make use of my healing magic, as being a healer is a huge part of that identity and I do feel drawn to help people.

• Like 1

Velvet, Community Manager :teeheej:
If you need any help, have questions or would just like to chat please feel free to send me a message!

Kinmunity's Library | Our Staff Team | Help DocumentsSupport Requests

8 hours ago, Velvet Wings said:

The thought of just spending the majority of my life underwater makes me happy. It's the thing I miss most from my memories. I feel as though water is a part of me and while the waters here are not like my home, they're far closer then the paved streets and brick houses. Being able to dive down and not worry about coming up for a breath would be amazing.

This is a bit off topic, but have you ever considered scuba diving?  It wouldn't allow you to literally live underwater, but if what you miss most about your old life being underwater for long periods of time, that would be a great hobby to take up (it's crazy expensive though)

Edited by Curious Canine

10 hours ago, Curious Canine said:

This is a bit off topic, but have you ever considered scuba diving?  It wouldn't allow you to literally live underwater, but if what you miss most about your old life being underwater for long periods of time, that would be a great hobby to take up (it's crazy expensive though)

I've thought about it, as I live on the coast there's actually a diving center in my town. It would be pretty awesome to try out. Although yeah, money is an issue, I've looked at their courses before and they are pretty pricey. But yes, it would certainly be something I'd like to try one day. :squintderg:

• Like 1

Velvet, Community Manager :teeheej:
If you need any help, have questions or would just like to chat please feel free to send me a message!

Kinmunity's Library | Our Staff Team | Help DocumentsSupport Requests

If I woke up as an arctic fox, I would have fun hiding in different places. I would be able fit under my bed easier, squeeze behind the couches, hide behind items in a closet and so much more. I already had trouble opening the fridge as a human, would be nearly impossible with my current size. I could easily reach items in my food pantry through hopping thankfully. I do not believe I would be able to go outside with the current type of door knobs. I would have much more fun with my yoga ball than before with rolling it around and chasing it. But if I found a way outside, I would enjoy the woods I have to the back and explore there seeing things at a different height. I would create a small fort of stuffed animals, pillows and blankets by dragging them around in my jaws. I could also experience how it truly feels to hop upstairs with four paws.

1 hour ago, Muffin said:

I could also experience how it truly feels to hop upstairs with four paws.

I don't know how it would really be for a quadruped, but have you ever tried going down stairs on all fours . . . head first?  It's a nightmare.

Edited by Curious Canine

Guest MariaTheFictionkin

I would climb on walls and ceilings 🙂

Edited by MariaTheFictionkin

Well, I'd take it to my full advantage and do whatever I can with my form, savoring every single bit of it.

Coyote and poodle: I'd do normal animal things.

Alien shapeshifter / polymorph: that'd be hard. Maybe explore the galaxy for a bit, and then go back down to Earth and make a ruckus, so after I transform back I'll live on as a cryptid in the eyes of others, haha. I'd probably move far, far from society afterwards.

Tony Stark: strut around and potentially catch people's eyes, especially if I woke up with my suit(s). And, attempt to figure out how this happened and how I can keep this form or potentially turn into my other 'types.

Night Fury: honestly, probably get captured or at least make a huge ruckus. I'm a rather small dragon compared to others, and I'd be waking up and trying to exit my house which is in a tightly packed neighborhood. I'd fly far away from society if I escaped, and do dragon things; rolling on the ground, soaring and maybe even gliding over the water with my wingtip skimming the surface like you see Toothless do in the movies; hunting, nestling in treetops and scaring the woodland creatures. I'd try to make sure I never returned to my home and instead stayed where I belonged, of course bringing necessary supplies if needed. I'd also probably live on as a cryptid or legend of sorts if people saw me, and in some ways I'd ensure people saw me, just never got too close to where they could do anything to harm me, unless I knew they were friendly. Maybe I'd even make some friends along the way. I know there's people out there who would be willing to help me find ways to stay in that form, too, if possible.

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate."

~ host Daniel {} origin Dee {} caretaker Nate {} 8D / 8B ~

pfp : "hontor" on dA

Guest MariaTheFictionkin

Eat raw meat and not worry about getting sick from bacteria harmful to humans.

i would go run around the park play with toys chase balls. roll around in the grass. it be so much fun. i think id want to make some dog friends to to play together.

as for elf side i wear pretty often clothing styles similar and ear cuffs. i have gotten looks 😁 don't bother me at all. sometime i even have a feeling in my ears like there pointed. like a itch at the point that i dont have 😮 which is kinda cool (besides not being able to scratch that itch) id love to wake in the world i be from, i want to explore EVERYTHING.

as for alien side, i take advantage and explore space as much as i could. that be amazing to see things. think i want to take pictures to prety sure i be so in awe i think i likely forget i even have a camera to take a picture with.