Anyone else get excited/energetic when getting phantom (or similar) shifts? - 💬​​​​​​​ Chit Chat - Kinmunity Jump to content

Anyone else get excited/energetic when getting phantom (or similar) shifts?

Oh yes, I second that. If I'm getting a real strong ph-shift (or putting myself into), I start to shiver and maybe make strange noises... I'll feel an insane energy and I'd like roar inside my head. It actually started happening while I type this, haha :squintderg:. When shifted, I'd also stop talking. I hate talking to anyone when I'm ph- or m-shifted, but I enjoy to interact with animals (who seem to be cool with the shift though).

The good thing is that I can actually control when it happens and can trigger it at times when there's nobody around or I'm in holiday :biggrinderg:

Oh, definitely, in one way or another. With wolf ph-shifts I think it tends to be because I often both mental and phantom shift at the same time, and one effect of wolf m-shifts for me is that I feel my emotions more intensely, so I'm feeling excited or happy then that'll be amplified a bit (though the same also goes for negative emotions like anger or sadness, which can get ramped up as well). With spirit shifts I certainly feel a higher level of energy, but it's not in a way that's exactly... energetic. Not in a physical, emotional sense. Honestly I'm more likely to just stay still and observe everything around me while I'm in a shift like that. It's pretty bizarre in its own way!

~: Eurasian wolf :|: nature spirit :|: nimravid :~

System of Rook and Akarthyx (median, co-hosts) and our dormant natural tulpa Aeolus.

Totally! I like to run around my house, like I was my true self again when this happens! Earlier today, I felt a strong connection to my Infinite Lord and felt the large wings on my back and heard roars in my head, to which I was kind of spaced out at the time. XD

After a drought of shifts, sometimes. Depends on what shift it is and how it affects me. Phantom shifts are my most common, but getting a full phantom body or shoulder spurs is uncomfortable- so, no excitement there. Some shifts like a sense of 'in-tune-ness' feels nice. 

Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted
~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Sometimes, not always.  There's times I have ph-shifts (especially my wings) without feeling much different otherwise, and there's times I'll even have m-shifts without it.  But there's definitely times I do feel it, and I love it.  Honestly?  Before finding this community, I occasionally worried it was actually mania, but it didn't quite line up with what I'd heard about mania.  Which I'm glad for, because it means I don't have to worry it's a sign of some issue someone could tell me to medicate away 😛 I love being this way, I love having ph-shifts and m-shifts and feeling that energy, it's one of my favorite parts of being alive.

It's most often a thing which happens when alone for me, too, though.  I don't shift often at all around others, but when I do, it's generally not as strong of a shift, and it definitely doesn't have that energy.  Sometimes when it's my angel type, there'll be a different, more focused kind of energy, and that does sometimes come out around humans... but not much.

The most notable exception was a time I was working at a summer camp.  I found out the youngest kid in my cabin had been punched by a much older kid, and - even though I didn't realize what it was at the time - I shifted.  I had to excuse myself to go pace, because I didn't know how else to let it out, at least not without getting myself fired.  (I wasn't actually in danger of doing anything drastic.  I do have control.  But that energy did need to go somewhere.)

Edited by Hiriel

Phantom shifts are a daily occurrence for me. I get talons on my hands, wings on my back and feathers for my hair. I get other random things too that just sort of come and go. I just take it for granted that my energy body is squishy and it does what it wants. As for mental shifts, if I get all excited, it tends to break me out of it. I might think it was cool afterward, but during, I'm just being myself. 

My answer is probably influenced by the fact that I've been at this for decades now, so it's just life at this point. 

Not so much with phantom shifts.  I find them to just be kind of annoying and distracting . . . especially if I'm around other humans and just have to function in a normal way.

As for mental shifts though, oh hell yeah.  When I slip into that more canine mindset, I just feel more . . . myself.  And when I get past the ever-present dysphoria, even for a few minutes, that gets me excited.  Not to mention that I generally have more control over my mental shifts so I don't have to worry as much about it getting in the way.

• Like 1

yeah they are fun, like feeling my phantom body out when I front, like I feel like me when I'm feeling my face, fur, and paws, like yeah I get that in the headspace but when I front it's like hey even when I'm out here I'm sill me. 

I feel pretty energetic with them to, it's sort of fun to move around eh 

-Eleanor (Glaceon) 

Yep! If I'm feeling a bit bonobo-ish then my behaviour is more neotenous and hyper. And when I'm a mermaid I just want to swim constantly and I do have more of a drive to exercise. I shift more in the summer which is also when I happen to be the most energetic. 

I can kind of relate to this, although for me it's not related to my kintype shifts. I'm a feline contherian so that's always a constant and with argonian I pretty much always have some degree of mental shift and a random selection of phantoms, so kintype shifts are just a normal constant of everyday life for me.

It's dog shifts that cause me the biggest rush of energy. That sudden rush of doggy enthusiasm which makes me want to bounce around and play, heh. I've been getting an awful lot of dog cameos recently but I shouldn't be surprised, my life basically revolves around dogs.
My bird cameos are also sometimes accompanied by a sense of energy, although nothing so dramatic as how dog makes me feel.

• Like 1

Velvet, Community Manager :teeheej:
If you need any help, have questions or would just like to chat please feel free to send me a message!

Kinmunity's Library | Our Staff Team | Help DocumentsSupport Requests

I don't really shift, since I feel my ears all the time, and the tail frequently. So its not much different than any other time, cause its constant for me. I do like to pretend that I actually have cat ears and a tail, but its normal so no one says anything about it. Its been a long while since anything made me feel excited or energetic. 

Yesss. For me usually, phantom shifting and mental shifting make me pretty hyper. I do get less talkative around people, but I have more of an urge to run around, or yelp back at barking dogs. I especially get distracted really easily by things moving outside or really whatever’s happening outside,, people get mad at me sometimes for not paying attention to them talking because of shifting sometimes

• Like 1

For me it's sometimes weird, as I'm in a ph-shift most of the time. Though when I was inside for a long time and then getting out of a building, I do feel a really intense, even more mental shift. I just want to flap my arms and fly into the sky and join the birds soaring up there. Usually I'm getting sad not too long after, as I remember not being able to do so anymore, haha.

But! Most of the times something like that happens, I also dream about flying in that night. So I'm always looking forward to the night, as I will be able to fly around once again. It's often that bad that I can barely fall asleep, so much I'm excited and looking forward to shift in my dreams.

« Cockatiel | Inkling »
Huge Bird Friend

Hmm...I can't really describe it. Usually I experience shifts to my xenomorph or mutant fictotypes when I'm upset or being defensive. However, I do feel a sense of power when I shift and maybe even a bit energetic. But most of my hyper energy is when my soulbond ZackTheSerialKiller and I blend with one another... like not Zack 100% fronting or even co-fronting but when I feel his personality merging into mine. As if I AM Zack! 😱

Edited by MariaTheFictionkin