Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

kia

Colors that don't mix

What color combinations can you think of that make an ugly, impossible or even a pretty color? Feel free to put hex codes and RGB color codes out there! <3

I guess it all depends on the use. Red text on a green background is the worst to try to read. I've found a few sources online that are excellent for figuring out color combinations.

Color.Terrasus

Adobe Color CC

But what I use the most is a book on web colors: Digital Color Index
It's a Dover publication, and it's great because it takes colors and matches them to other colors, in the categories of Monochromatic, Complementary, Adjacent, Muted, Black & Gray. It also comes with a CD of swatches for use in your art programs :-)

Oh god my artist self is screaming. Like wars fought and villages burned before my eyes, i've seen so much xD 

I can think of so many i hate. Like bright saturated anything put together, red/blue makes me scream. Grey and bright green/blue hurts me. The entire realm of coral.

Then there's happy things. Like pastels n' black. Or things like bright colors used happily, bright colors on a field of white/black/grey. Carefully chosen greys complementing blues or even red. A whole field of neutrals and browns with a stark red/yellow/orange accent. Ahhhhh I could think of colors and drink coffee all day. 

Any type of neon colors with anything that isn't black, OR straight hex color codes. (#0000ff or #ff1500) They're AWFUL.
Straight green and blue are awful. Although certain shades of them together aren't that bad, I like nature a lot so the sky and the grass/trees are beautiful.

In my computer class, so many of my classmates would make the worst webpages because they had no idea how to actually use colors.