Naia

Library Changes

This is a very short announcement, but now all users can submit articles to our library. Articles must be approved by a staff member before they show up publicly, so please ensure you only submit high-quality content for inclusion in the library. Users who consistently have articles rejected will find themselves unable to submit more content to the library.

Thanks!

• High Quality 2

Hey, you know what'd be great to add to the library too? A "to do list" of sorts, like topics that need (more) covering and such. I think that'd be good!

--Alder

• High Quality 5

That's an awesome idea. Any particular topics you have in mind? I can think of some too if we end up making such a list.

I was thinking of covering divinekin (like angelkin and godkin) in a more objective light, since the only one that thoroughly covers them is "A Perspective on the Nature of Angels," but that only focuses on Abrahamic angels rather than divines as a whole and is a little hard for us to understand. There's also "Guide to Spiritual Otherkin" but it only mentions divinekin in passing.

So I was thinking of writing about non-Abrahamic/non-religious angels and mixed-kin angels (like fallen angels who also ID as demons, voidkin angels, eldritch/monster angels), since I can consult Auriel about them and because I'm questioning being angelkin/angel-hearted myself.

• High Quality 2

@alderkin I definitely agree that divinekin-related articles are lacking. The issue with it is that it's such a large topic that covers so many different beliefs and cultures it can be tough to know where to start. I don't think a single generalized divine article would be able to do it. Plus there's so much debate on what exactly counts as divine or not, what counts as an angel, what counts as a demon, etc. etc. But an article focusing on non-Abrahamic or like you said angels with a mixed identity (speaking as said fallen angel that considers them the same thing as demons) is definitely an area that needs to be covered.

I think it might be helpful for there to be a piece that gets into just how much these definitions do vary. This is another thing I've wondered myself and had to ask a lot of people about, yourself included. It might be nice to have a bunch of that info in one place. I'll see if I can make that happen.

• High Quality 1