Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Sunabi

Play as a dragon !

After searching for DAYS, I finally found a RPG that let you play as a dragon, and more ! I'm so exited !

It's name is Istaria, here is the URL : http://www.istaria.com/

It looks a little old, judging by the 3d models, so I'm kinda scared that it will be dead... It seem very promising though, as a dragon, you can fly, fight like the other characters, and even have your own lair ! Plus, not only dragonkin will find their species : I saw playable faery like creature, faun, some sort of argonian and khaji, demons, elves and as always, the human. I'm really exited to jump into it ! I'd be more than happy if some of you decided to join me, by the way.

(Sorry for possible mistakes, I'm french and try my best at writing in English.)

Though it does look a little dated, I'm rather surprised to find that it does appear still active in some capacity. The forums show a post about maintenance posted just this past week. I don't expect a huge player base, but it appears online and playable at the very least.

I played this game for a while, it's pretty good. You do however have to pay to be able to grow your dragon character fully.

Just now, PatientZer0 said:

I played this game for a while, it's pretty good. You do however have to pay to be able to grow your dragon character fully.

Oh... Does it impact the game a lot? I mean... Is paying worth it? :/

5 minutes ago, Sunabi said:

Oh... Does it impact the game a lot? I mean... Is paying worth it? :/

It caps you at a certain level, and I'm pretty sure that prevents you from reaching the level you need to be to become an adult. As a hatchling you can't actually fly but you can glide, so it depends how much you're bothered about flying. The appearance of hatchling characters vs adult dragons is also pretty significant.

1 minute ago, PatientZer0 said:

It caps you at a certain level, and I'm pretty sure that prevents you from reaching the level you need to be to become an adult. As a hatchling you can't actually fly but you can glide, so it depends how much you're bothered about flying. The appearance of hatchling characters vs adult dragons is also pretty significant.

Ah... That's kinda sad. Well, I'll try and see for myself if it bother me a lot or not. :sadwolf2:

Welp, too old for my computer... More luck next time.

I don't know if it helps, but I had one game on my phone for a little bit where you can kinda burn down villages and whatnot as a dragon! It was something I'd wanted for a very long time, silly as it is. It's called War Dragons and it's pretty fun! Pretty big game too though, takes forever to download (at least for me haha). 

I've heard that in Skyrim (PC version), you can use the console code "player.setrace dragon" (or some variety of that) to play as a dragon. Of course, you're not actually meant to play as a dragon, so it's buggy. I've seen videos where they have the dragon flying and I don't know how they're doing it. Mine just sinks into the ground and third-person view only shows broken polygons, so that's something to figure out.

6 hours ago, Rhava said:

I don't know if it helps, but I had one game on my phone for a little bit where you can kinda burn down villages and whatnot as a dragon! It was something I'd wanted for a very long time, silly as it is. It's called War Dragons and it's pretty fun! Pretty big game too though, takes forever to download (at least for me haha). 

5 hours ago, Kerguelen said:

I've heard that in Skyrim (PC version), you can use the console code "player.setrace dragon" (or some variety of that) to play as a dragon. Of course, you're not actually meant to play as a dragon, so it's buggy. I've seen videos where they have the dragon flying and I don't know how they're doing it. Mine just sinks into the ground and third-person view only shows broken polygons, so that's something to figure out.

Thanks ! 

I already know War dragon, but I lost my data, so... But I really want to start over. I'll probably do it if I get the time.

As for skyrim, I know a lot of mods that let you play as a dragon, but lots are full of bugs. I had a lot of fun with it though ! Burning down village in dragon form is odly satisfying ...

On 18/05/2017 at 1:14 PM, Kerguelen said:

Look on Nexus mods, there are a few that let you play as a dragon that fix allot of the bugs, one that I use even lets you decide if the towns will be hostile to you as a derg or not. Also the mod to tell the blades to shut up and let me lead you without killing Paarthunax is a must, aka 'The Paarthurnax Dilemma ' mod.