Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

alderkin

Got Any Suggestions for Library Articles?

Got Any Suggestions for Library Articles?   8 members have voted

1. 1. What categories do you want to see expanded in the library? (Please elaborate below!)

• Discovery & Awakening
    • Information
    • Experiences & Reflections
    • Community
    • Guides
  2. 2. What category of 'kin do you want to see covered more in future articles? (Please elaborate below!)

• Therians
    • Otherkin
    • Fictionkin
    • Other (please specify!)
  3. 3. What kintypes do you want to see covered more in future articles? (Please elaborate below!)

• Mammalian/Bird Therians
    • Reptilian/Fish/Amphibious Therians
    • Prehistoric Therians
    • Western Mythology Otherkin
    • Eastern Mythology Otherkin
    • Alien/Extraterrestrial Otherkin
    • Other (please specify!)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some articles I'm thinking of writing myself:

• About angels with mixed identities (such as voidkin angels, eldrich/monster angels, therian angels, fallen angels who also identify as demons, etc)
  • About non-Abrahamic and non-religious angels
  • A reflection on my definition of "angel" and what it entails
  • A defense of fictionkin (PM me about this--especially if you're a part of those who don't believe in fictionkin!)

Feel free to comment more suggestions below! Between school and other life stuff, I might not be able to write too much, but I'm sure someone with more free time can!

--Alder

I like the idea of an article exploring a kin type's potential relationships to mythology. I've personally found it to be a difficult road, but I've also found ways to deal with the challenges.

Mythology is a set of stories passed down over time by many different people. That means that there are many conflicting interpretations of different stories, species, and characters. So figuring out where one fits into that whole tapestry is complicated, as is figuring out what it means when someone doesn't quite fit into existing mythology (*points to self*)