HelloMyNameIsSilver

What's your favorite game-related theory?

It's always fun picking apart the stories of games and stuff, and lots of theories and stuff can be made about them.

Anyways, I figured it might be cool to ask you guys what your favorite theories about different games are/what you find interesting in some of them.

One of my personal favorites that I saw on The Game Theorists was Sans is Ness. I know it's not true and the theorist is a stretch, but I thought it was interesting how many parallels can be drawn between characters.

When it comes to more valid theories, the FNAF storyline is definitely at the top of my list.

The only one I can really think of right now was Gaijin Goomba's idea that Sans is a revenant, not a skeleton, and that the goatfamily are actually pucas. I'll probably pop back later, but imo, at this point FNAF is just stupidly convoluted, and doesn't need to be as crazy and para-canon and warpy as it is. The whole thing is like some bad Shamylan-out-Shamylan-ing himself over and over.

• High Quality 2

I agree that fnaf can be a bit much, I just like the way that Scott hides little details and I like picking out the storyline. Because it's so complicated I view it as more of an interesting challenge from the theorist standpoint.

I mean, sure it was actually a lot of fun at first, but now it's so contradictory to itself I just... Meh'd out of it. Seemed like ten billion red herrings more than a real storyline. I also like the Skyrim is actually Earth, but after Fallout, like way in the future, with dragons as the descendants of deathclaws and the magic being weird tech and stuff. All the different races due to the fallout... And hey, who's to say the second moon isn't a break-off from a large asteroid that reshaped the continents?

• High Quality 2

I don't know if this really counts, but I have my own mini-theory about Majora's Mask and some possible symbolism around Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Most of the problems which lead to the dungeons/masks/side quests start on or immediately before the first day, meaning there are three days between the two calamities (the second of which, if you don't stop it, is an object falling on the town and destroying it), just as there were three days between the two bombs being dropped. I realize three is a relatively common number, but I always wondered why they didn't choose something more obvious, like four, and just re-scale the passage of time to match. 

The Japanese government was unable to respond quickly after the first attack, and the Clock Town mayor is stuck in a meeting for three days which ultimately means the town can't be saved.

There was also Pokemon theory floating around at some point that Pokemon R/G/B/Y was a post-war world, which was probably an inspiration. I had some other reasons but I can't find where I originally wrote all of this down. Honestly the main reason I came up with this theory was because I coincidentally decided to re-play MM while I was taking a class on WWI/WWII, though it's still interesting to notice some of the similarities.

• High Quality 1

I like the Link is Dead theory for Majora's Mask to be honest

I also like the Pokemon multiverse theory, although that's not so much of a theory as it is canon anymore haha

• High Quality 1