Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

So I've been on this site for like a couple weeks and I haven't really met anyone. That's why I'm making this thread. I'd like to meet some new people, who I have things in common with. So I know we have this on our profiles, but what kind of music do you like? Do you play video games? Can you art? (i can slightly) I actually some of my art in the gallery, so you can look at that if you want, its in the traditional art album. And my favorite bands consists of mainly Green Day, Twenty One Pilots, My Chemical Romance, and Panic! At The Disco. (i do listen to a lot of bands tho.) Reply if you want to talk to me more. :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, x_bluejay_x said:

What kind of music do you like?

I have a weird variety of music I like. A handful of electronic pieces (nightcore and dubstep are guilty pleasures), a good bit of choral music, and a fair amount of classical. There are also a few bands in particular who I generally like (BNL would probably be my favorite, just for how clever their lyrics are).

 

49 minutes ago, x_bluejay_x said:

Do you play video games?

Yes. I recently got Mario Kart 8 on the Switch and, now that moving is mostly done and classes are over, want to go back to finishing Moon and BotW. I'm currently working on unlocking flying in Legion (WoW).

What about you?

51 minutes ago, x_bluejay_x said:

Can you art? (i can slightly)

I wouldn't say I can, but I like digitally drawing/painting on my tablet. Hopefully one of these days I'll be happy enough with something to post it. Maybe I'll just post a sketch or something; things tend to fall apart when I try to add color :/

I love your art! It's adorable. ^_^

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I listen to a variety of metal, some game soundtracks. I love a well done game soundtrack.

Gareth's more the electronic/drum n bass/hip hop/whateverthehell.

Video games, I used to play them for hours on end, now that I work full-time, not so much. And I'm fictionkin from a game so I'm kind of biased I guess... A couple of my favourites so far are along the lines of Horizon Zero Dawn, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Monster Hunter 4U, Legacy of Discord: Wings of Fury, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, and (of course) Legendary - except I could talk for hours on that, so you've been warned.

Art-wise, I'm not the greatest, I do mostly digital artwork on my iPad, but if you ask me I prefer to just commission someone, usually one of the select few artists I stick by.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Thunderwing said:

I have a weird variety of music I like. A handful of electronic pieces (nightcore and dubstep are guilty pleasures), a good bit of choral music, and a fair amount of classical. There are also a few bands in particular who I generally like (BNL would probably be my favorite, just for how clever their lyrics are).

Oh my god, i love nightcore too! I don't know many people who know about it though. And i don't believe i've heard of BNL.

17 hours ago, Thunderwing said:

Yes. I recently got Mario Kart 8 on the Switch and, now that moving is mostly done and classes are over, want to go back to finishing Moon and BotW. I'm currently working on unlocking flying in Legion (WoW).

I've been playing the Mariokart games since i was little, because of it i also love racing irl. Although i don't get to do it that much. And I'm guessing when you BotW you Breath of the Wind, and I've never played any Zelda games but i would love to get into them. And I've wanted to WoW for a while now. But I play Minecraft mostly because of a server I'm dedicated to. As well as Overwatch, Sims 4, and i played the first chapter of The Last Door and I'm saving the rest for a future Youtube channel. I also have Undertale and Ori and The Blind Forest being saved for the channel as well. 

17 hours ago, Thunderwing said:

I wouldn't say I can, but I like digitally drawing/painting on my tablet. Hopefully one of these days I'll be happy enough with something to post it. Maybe I'll just post a sketch or something; things tend to fall apart when I try to add color :/

I love your art! It's adorable. ^_^

Same to the coloring thing, I have always been horrible at coloring. I need to practice to be honest. And i do some digital art too but over all I'm pretty bad at it. I just got a tablet a few months ago for Christmas, and i haven't used it that much but i would like to start doing commissions this summer. and Thank you!! ^-^But you should post some, i'd love to see it!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mirath said:

I listen to a variety of metal, some game soundtracks. I love a well done game soundtrack.

Gareth's more the electronic/drum n bass/hip hop/whateverthehell.

Yeah whateverthehell is my favorite genre I must say. And as of video games, a lot of those i haven't heard of, but I've heard of Horizon Zero Dawn and I've wondered what it was about, because it sounds interesting. And could i see some of your art?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as music goes, I love the emo trinity, though I'd have to rank 'em Fall Out Boy first, then MCR, then Panic. Never really got into Green Day, and TOP seems like... well... A couple guys yelling with rhythm. Not super my thing, but I like their cover of Cancer a lot! I also like a mashup with On Holiday and Warriors, and that's Green Day and Imagine Dragons. Really, I'm more eclectic than band-y though, as there's only a few bands I've ever bought Full Albums for. Even Halsey isn't one of them.

I play a lot of video games! Currently doing a mage runthrough in Skyrim with the Apocalypse Spells mod, lots of fun there. I play some Heroes of the Storm, and used to play League of Legends, and then LoL became about as toxic as Chernobyl so I left. I also like D&D, though that's not really a videogame, it can be played electronically. Totally forgot to finish my season of Diablo 3, now I think of it OTL ... And my most favoritest game ever has to be Okami.

I can kind of art too, though I'm better at non-humans than... Well... Humans. Human anatomy is confusing and difficult to pose.

So! Hmm... Favorite MCR and Panic! albums? Mine's The Black Parade and Death of a Bachelor, seconded by Danger Days and Too Weird.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, x_bluejay_x said:

I've been playing the Mariokart games since i was little, because of it i also love racing irl.

I can't imagine I would still have a car if I were to race in it... lol. That's probably why I like racing games so much. All of the fun, but none of the damage.

6 hours ago, x_bluejay_x said:

As well as Overwatch, Sims 4, and i played the first chapter of The Last Door and I'm saving the rest for a future Youtube channel. I also have Undertale and Ori and The Blind Forest being saved for the channel as well.

I like Overwatch but unfortunately get way too competitive and can't play for very long without getting frustrated. I get like that with a lot of competitive games; HotS is about the same, though a little better :/ I haven't played Sims in a long while, I would imagine 4 is mostly the same as 3? I would make characters and stick entire fandoms in the same house, or make them their own neighborhood. Though I'm guessing that's not too uncommon. Undertale and Ori look cool but I never played either of them. Undertale I meant to pick up but just never did, Ori was something I just kind of forgot about after a while.

6 hours ago, x_bluejay_x said:

I just got a tablet a few months ago for Christmas, and i haven't used it that much but i would like to start doing commissions this summer. and Thank you!! ^-^But you should post some, i'd love to see it!

Once you get used to it, a tablet is pretty much just like paper with layers and symmetry options. There are some other differences of course but overall I feel like it's easier to use. I will try to post something soon... No guarantees, though!

3 hours ago, Nix said:

Currently doing a mage runthrough in Skyrim with the Apocalypse Spells mod, lots of fun there. I play some Heroes of the Storm, and used to play League of Legends, and then LoL became about as toxic as Chernobyl so I left. I also like D&D, though that's not really a videogame, it can be played electronically.

Is that mod "Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim?" It looks kinda neat, I might play around with it. Also, do you use roll20 for D&D? What edition do you play?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Is that mod "Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim?" It looks kinda neat, I might play around with it. Also, do you use roll20 for D&D? What edition do you play?

I believe that's the mod, yeah. It is! So, so, so many spells.

roll20 is the platform, yes. You can also run it over Skype. I have played D&D 3.5e, and currently mostly play 5e. I'm trying to re-learn 3.5, so I can play Pathfinder with a group I just joined. ^^

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, x_bluejay_x said:

Yeah whateverthehell is my favorite genre I must say. And as of video games, a lot of those i haven't heard of, but I've heard of Horizon Zero Dawn and I've wondered what it was about, because it sounds interesting. And could i see some of your art?

Horizon Zero Dawn is where you play as a Hunter in a world of robotic (mainly) dinosaurs, and pretty much trying to find out more about the past.

As for my art, this is more of my recent work.

IMG_0575.thumb.PNG.3d7e57e76d1f7c9aec1c6ecbe6d07b64.PNG

 

IMG_0544.thumb.PNG.37e0a2ea66028b15d5fa6ebbf7aa9684.PNG

IMG_0485.PNG

IMG_0561.PNG

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Nix said:

I'm trying to re-learn 3.5, so I can play Pathfinder with a group I just joined. ^^

If you have an android phone, Pathfinder Masterwork Tools is free and has literally every official resource. I'd highly recommend it; even when I'm DM'ing I typically use it when I'm building characters. Paizo also has everything posted on their website but it's a little hard to navigate.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2017 at 9:25 PM, x_bluejay_x said:

What kind of music do you like? 

 

I love electronic and dance music! But I also love calmer genres of music with calm background music. 

Recently I've been listening to my favourite game soundtracks. ^-^ Gotta love gaming soundtracks! 

On 6/10/2017 at 9:25 PM, x_bluejay_x said:

 Do you play video games? 

 

Yes! Legend of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Animal Crossing, the Fallout series, Silent Hill ( a lot of other horror games, yeah I'm a sucker for those. ). And those are just a few.

On 6/10/2017 at 9:25 PM, x_bluejay_x said:

Can you art?

1

I mean I can kinda art? I do traditional art mainly. My DA is linked on my profile page. My digital art is terrible like you don't even know. I can edit bases very, very well through. I guess I'm more of an editor than a digital artist. ( My profile picture was a base I edited. So I guess that is an example of my editing skills. )

Here is a traditional drawing from my DA I made for my girlfriend.

WIN_20170530_12_41_35_Pro.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GreyFire I really hope there's an Animal Crossing on the Switch. I kinda accidentally disappeared from my town for a few months... (Fingers crossed for tomorrow's E3 announcements!) Also, that character you drew is adorable.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Thunderwing I hope there is too! And if there is I'm soo buying it when I get the money. And thank you ^^

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd call my music tastes eclectic. It's easier to list what I don't like: modern/commercial country, commercial rock, and pretty much anything played on commercial-broadcast radio. I know many of you don't listen to radio anymore, but much of the streaming services are patterned after commercial radio.
Currently, I'm listening to the album Relics of the Sun by Open Canvas over on Bandcamp.

The "gaming" I do is LittleWing Pinball, desktop only. Other than that, it's solitaire games, including a jigsaw game called Jigsaws Galore. I like it because I can use my own images.

(I linked things because much of what I like and know is unknown to everyone else.)

What little art I can do requires me to put things together in Photoshop, and then trace in Corel Painter. From there, shading, coloring, clothing, etc, are relatively easy. It's the organic form from scratch that's difficult for me. Plus, I don't really practice it like artists do.

Writing is my primary artistic ability. I practice a little photography, and some baking/pastry.
I do have some threads up on the last two :-)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2017 at 9:41 PM, Nix said:

I love the emo trinity, though I'd have to rank 'em Fall Out Boy first, then MCR, then Panic. Never really got into Green Day, and TOP seems like... well... A couple guys yelling with rhythm. Not super my thing, but I like their cover of Cancer a lot! I also like a mashup with On Holiday and Warriors, and that's Green Day and Imagine Dragons.

Yeah I'm surprised I ever got into Green Day because they're an older band but as I got older and went into high school, I started having more friends who liked older bands so I figured I'd listen to them and then I got hooked. And TOP is definitely not for everyone but listening to them helps me with my depression a lot. I listen to the lyrics more in music than the actual music, but I do appreciate a good melody or beat. And the cover for cancer is amazing, and when I recognized the lyrics, I had a fan girl moment lol. I also love Imagine Dragons, although I haven't listened to them in awhile, but Holiday is one of my favorites by Green Day. 

On 6/11/2017 at 9:41 PM, Nix said:

Currently doing a mage runthrough in Skyrim with the Apocalypse Spells mod, lots of fun there. I play some Heroes of the Storm, and used to play League of Legends, and then LoL became about as toxic as Chernobyl so I left. I also like D&D, though that's not really a videogame, it can be played electronically. Totally forgot to finish my season of Diablo 3, now I think of it OTL ... And my most favoritest game ever has to be Okami.

Sounds fun, I've never played Skyrim, but I want to soooo badly. As well as LoL and HotS and Diablo 3, but I think I've heard of Okami, but I have no idea what its about.

On 6/11/2017 at 9:41 PM, Nix said:

I can kind of art too, though I'm better at non-humans than... Well... Humans. Human anatomy is confusing and difficult to pose.

So! Hmm... Favorite MCR and Panic! albums? Mine's The Black Parade and Death of a Bachelor, seconded by Danger Days and Too Weird.

Yeah human proportions, are fucking hard, although I've gotten a lot better at it thanks to just devoting time to practice it. But it love drawing cats and ponies and dogs and flowers. But it is very difficult to pose, I agree. And yes, The Black Parade is awesome. , but I wonder why it doesn't start with WttBP. And my favorite on the album is probably I Don't Love You or Famous Last Words. Although I also The Kids from Yesterday on Danger Days. And as for Panic, Too Weird is my favorite, but my favorite on Death of a Bachelor is definitely LA Devotee. And Too Weird, its The End of All Things or Far Too Young to Die.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2017 at 1:07 AM, Thunderwing said:

That's probably why I like racing games so much. All of the fun, but none of the damage.

Very mush agreed, I just love the adrenaline rush so much, and then the thrill of winning. 

On 6/12/2017 at 1:07 AM, Thunderwing said:

I like Overwatch but unfortunately get way too competitive and can't play for very long without getting frustrated. I get like that with a lot of competitive games; HotS is about the same, though a little better :/ I haven't played Sims in a long while, I would imagine 4 is mostly the same as 3?

I get very competitive as well, luckily i have a durable desk and mouse and keyboard, okay not so much keyboard, but I've gotten better. And sims 4 is actually very different from 3, obviously it has better graphics and different clothes, furniture, but its better. 

 

On 6/12/2017 at 1:07 AM, Thunderwing said:

Once you get used to it, a tablet is pretty much just like paper with layers and symmetry options. There are some other differences of course but overall I feel like it's easier to use. I will try to post something soon... No guarantees, though!

Yeah I'm starting to get more used to it luckily, and I'm open for requests so that i can my art out there, so if you want any art just tell me. And okay.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2017 at 1:49 AM, Mirath said:

Horizon Zero Dawn is where you play as a Hunter in a world of robotic (mainly) dinosaurs, and pretty much trying to find out more about the past.

As for my art, this is more of my recent work.

Oh damn that sounds cool. And i really like it, and i used to use Sketchbook as well, but now i use Medibang. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 6/13/2017 at 0:17 AM, GreyFire said:

I love electronic and dance music! But I also love calmer genres of music with calm background music. 

Recently I've been listening to my favourite game soundtracks. ^-^ Gotta love gaming soundtracks! 

I do love listening to soundtracks from games and movies a lot, especially games tho cause they're always more emotional or calming it seems. 

On 6/13/2017 at 0:17 AM, GreyFire said:

Yes! Legend of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Animal Crossing, the Fallout series, Silent Hill ( a lot of other horror games, yeah I'm a sucker for those. ). And those are just a few.

I've been wanting to get into the Legend of Zelda games for awhile. I've never played Kingdom Hearts and its been so long since I've play Animal Crossing. Never played any of the fallout games but I really want to. My brother has played all of them. And silent hill is great, I'm getting more used to horror, but thanks to my active imagination, I would get way too terrified, but I'm better now. 

On 6/13/2017 at 0:17 AM, GreyFire said:

I mean I can kinda art? I do traditional art mainly. My DA is linked on my profile page. My digital art is terrible like you don't even know. I can edit bases very, very well through. I guess I'm more of an editor than a digital artist.

Yeah i get what you mean, I used to do a lot of bases as well. And ill probably look you up and I need to update my DA account link. My new name is xJayKatx. And I would love to draw a picture of your profile picture, its so cute. Can I draw them for you? Plus your drawing is quite adorable!

Edited by x_bluejay_x
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2017 at 5:28 PM, Gryneos said:

I'd call my music tastes eclectic. It's easier to list what I don't like: modern/commercial country, commercial rock, and pretty much anything played on commercial-broadcast radio. I know many of you don't listen to radio anymore, but much of the streaming services are patterned after commercial radio.
Currently, I'm listening to the album Relics of the Sun by Open Canvas over on Bandcamp.

Ah yes I remember reading your forum on music tastes. I do like your music taste as it is different. I personally listen to rock (among other genres) for the energy, tone and poetic lyrics. But I have never liked country, there's about 3 songs I've ever liked that are country because of the lyrics. 

On 6/13/2017 at 5:28 PM, Gryneos said:

The "gaming" I do is LittleWing Pinball, desktop only. Other than that, it's solitaire games, including a jigsaw game called Jigsaws Galore. I like it because I can use my own images.

I can see your not a huge gamer, but yeah its not for everyone.

On 6/13/2017 at 5:28 PM, Gryneos said:

What little art I can do requires me to put things together in Photoshop, and then trace in Corel Painter. From there, shading, coloring, clothing, etc, are relatively easy. It's the organic form from scratch that's difficult for me. Plus, I don't really practice it like artists do.

Writing is my primary artistic ability. I practice a little photography, and some baking/pastry.
I do have some threads up on the last two :-)

Yeah sounded like graphic design at first. But I know what you mean, anatomy is hard to get good at, especially without practice. And I do love writing as well, I've been writing poetry for over 4 years now. Which is a long while for my age. I mostly write poetry and short stories. I would love to read some your works. :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, x_bluejay_x said:

Ah yes I remember reading your forum on music tastes. I do like your music taste as it is different. I personally listen to rock (among other genres) for the energy, tone and poetic lyrics. But I have never liked country, there's about 3 songs I've ever liked that are country because of the lyrics. 

Thanks :-)
I like rock with good lyrics, too, yet I also like it to have a good sound. Sometimes simple is good (Rev. Horton Heat) and sometimes complex is what I crave (King Crimson.) As for country, I like the older stuff, though I don't own any albums. Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Loretta Lynn, and Alison Krauss for folk-country. Every now and then I'll listen to the country station on Soma FM for about an hour or so. I think they call it Americana Roots Country now for the genre. The station is Boot Liquor, and you can at least look at the playlist from that link.

1 hour ago, x_bluejay_x said:

I can see your not a huge gamer, but yeah its not for everyone.

I think the primary reason I don't play them is that the game-controllers overwhelm me. Too many buttons! I wouldn't even play arcade games that had too many buttons. 2-3 buttons or keys is about all I can handle in a game. After that, I start making mistakes to the point where it's a chore instead of a game. That and the other players get mad at me ;-)

1 hour ago, x_bluejay_x said:

Yeah sounded like graphic design at first. But I know what you mean, anatomy is hard to get good at, especially without practice. And I do love writing as well, I've been writing poetry for over 4 years now. Which is a long while for my age. I mostly write poetry and short stories. I would love to read some your works. :D

Well, Graphic Design is my university degree while drafting is my college degree. I make my living from drafting (I was a graphic artist for almost a year, but the job was done when the project was finished, and I wasn't good at freelance work after that.) Still, the graphic arts skills help in other things (such as pastry-making.) However, I'm self-taught in graphics software other than AutoCAD. I got my degree before graphics software was readily available. But, the techniques of projecting images and then tracing remained and were useful.

If you want to read what little I've put online for stories, I have two sources: one on my dA page, and one story posted to FanFiction.net (Genie of the Lamp.) Those few stories are fanfic of, or based on the old I Dream of Jeannie TV series. There is one short story I made for h2o: just add water if you're interested in that, too. The stories on my dA page are Mindy Gets Her Wish, and When Djinni Met Genie (a collaboration I did with another writer friend.) The other thing there, The Djinni Blinkbook, was written as a reference for the IDoJ universe and similar writings, and isn't a story. It just represents thoughts, ideas, and ponderings I've compiled for the last twenty years or so.

The rest of my writings are just my thoughts on my blogs (the one here, and my WordPress blog.)

I hope that covers everything, for now. It's good to talk about this kind of thing, as it at least introduces the unfamiliar to those adventurous enough to try them :-)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, x_bluejay_x said:

I do love listening to soundtracks from games and movies a lot, especially games tho cause they're always more emotional or calming it seems. 

I've been wanting to get into the Legend of Zelda games for awhile. I've never played Kingdom Hearts and its been so long since I've play Animal Crossing. Never played any of the fallout games but I really want to. My brother has played all of them. And silent hill is great, I'm getting more used to horror, but thanks to my active imagination, I would get way too terrified, but I'm better now. 

Yeah i get what you mean, I used to do a lot of bases as well. And ill probably look you up and I need to update my DA account link. My new name is xJayKatx. And I would love to draw a picture of your profile picture, its so cute. Can I draw them for you? Plus your drawing is quite adorable!

All I'm going to say about you not playing Kindom Hearts yet is that I highly suggest it for you. The soundtrack is perfect and sometimes the games get pretty emotional. The characters just seem too real at times and you really start to feel with them. 

And if you want to draw my profile picture go ahead! :) If you want me to send you the picture or anything else reference-wise in a message just tell me.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GreyFire said:

All I'm going to say about you not playing Kindom Hearts yet is that I highly suggest it for you. The soundtrack is perfect and sometimes the games get pretty emotional. The characters just seem too real at times and you really start to feel with them. 

And if you want to draw my profile picture go ahead! :) If you want me to send you the picture or anything else reference-wise in a message just tell me.

The reference would be helpful but that honestly sounds like my kinda game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gryneos said:

Thanks :-)
I like rock with good lyrics, too, yet I also like it to have a good sound. Sometimes simple is good (Rev. Horton Heat) and sometimes complex is what I crave (King Crimson.) As for country, I like the older stuff, though I don't own any albums. Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Loretta Lynn, and Alison Krauss for folk-country. Every now and then I'll listen to the country station on Soma FM for about an hour or so. I think they call it Americana Roots Country now for the genre. The station is Boot Liquor, and you can at least look at the playlist from that link.

I think the primary reason I don't play them is that the game-controllers overwhelm me. Too many buttons! I wouldn't even play arcade games that had too many buttons. 2-3 buttons or keys is about all I can handle in a game. After that, I start making mistakes to the point where it's a chore instead of a game. That and the other players get mad at me ;-)

Well, Graphic Design is my university degree while drafting is my college degree. I make my living from drafting (I was a graphic artist for almost a year, but the job was done when the project was finished, and I wasn't good at freelance work after that.) Still, the graphic arts skills help in other things (such as pastry-making.) However, I'm self-taught in graphics software other than AutoCAD. I got my degree before graphics software was readily available. But, the techniques of projecting images and then tracing remained and were useful.

If you want to read what little I've put online for stories, I have two sources: one on my dA page, and one story posted to FanFiction.net (Genie of the Lamp.) Those few stories are fanfic of, or based on the old I Dream of Jeannie TV series. There is one short story I made for h2o: just add water if you're interested in that, too. The stories on my dA page are Mindy Gets Her Wish, and When Djinni Met Genie (a collaboration I did with another writer friend.) The other thing there, The Djinni Blinkbook, was written as a reference for the IDoJ universe and similar writings, and isn't a story. It just represents thoughts, ideas, and ponderings I've compiled for the last twenty years or so.

The rest of my writings are just my thoughts on my blogs (the one here, and my WordPress blog.)

I hope that covers everything, for now. It's good to talk about this kind of thing, as it at least introduces the unfamiliar to those adventurous enough to try them :-)

Yeah I don't mind folk country, but I don't think I would go out of my way to listen to it.

But I do like the vibes of it. But i get you with the game controller thing, they do get confusing especially for new, but i guess i just get used to it. 

And I'm taking a class for Graphic Design next year and I'm very excited. The teacher already knows i have talent, but I'm still gonna prove myself. :) But if i ever turn it into a living, it will most likely be free lance. 

Also I watched some of I Dream of Jeannie, I've also watched H2O before. My parents have showed me many shows and musicians that are not from my time, and I've definitely come to like a lot of them. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, x_bluejay_x said:

Yeah I don't mind folk country, but I don't think I would go out of my way to listen to it.

But I do like the vibes of it. But i get you with the game controller thing, they do get confusing especially for new, but i guess i just get used to it. 

And I'm taking a class for Graphic Design next year and I'm very excited. The teacher already knows i have talent, but I'm still gonna prove myself. :) But if i ever turn it into a living, it will most likely be free lance. 

Also I watched some of I Dream of Jeannie, I've also watched H2O before. My parents have showed me many shows and musicians that are not from my time, and I've definitely come to like a lot of them. 

With regard to folk country, the only recordings I have of it is the soundtrack to O Brother, Where Art Thou? The Cohen brothers picked the best stuff for that movie :)

Sure, people get used to excessive buttons because the desire to play the game is greater. They teach themselves the controls and get that coordination going. Personally, I found it more important to learn how to use a Wacom tablet than a game controller at a friend's place.

I think doing graphic art freelance these days is much easier than it was when I was fresh out of university. Back then, even though Photoshop was around, it was still new. Most artists only had the skills for doing everything by hand, and that's also more time-consuming. But I did get some good experience working with printers (the people who do large print runs on offset printing machines.) While Photoshop makes the process of color-seps easy, you still have to know what you're doing. I'm sure you'll learn well. It is a fun art (even when clients stress you out.) ;-)

You have good parents :)
Growing up for me included many old movies, though there was no cable or streaming. That came later, when I was in college. Broadcast TV would air old movies in the afternoon and on weekends. And then there was Monty Python and SCTV on PBS. Plenty of other stuff on TV too, but I remember those the most. Jeannie was only in reruns when I could watch it (my parents thought it was a dumb show.)

I never would have known about H2O if it weren't for a good friend who is a mermaid 'enthusiast' (he was even working on a mermaid-theme science fiction book, but I haven't heard from him or seen if he's published it yet.) I found the show to be well-written and so much better than teen shows in this country. Here they all presume the teens are mentally and emotionally younger than their real age, and so the shows come across as rather stupid (at least the ones I've tried to watch.) Forced laugh tracks, and generally immature writing. I generally try to give shows a chance, and it's why I love Gravity Falls, and Star Wars: Rebels. Great shows understand how to market to wider audiences, and thus why they become so popular.

Anyway, back to listening to Banco De Gaia, who I recommend for a genre that's difficult to define. Maybe "ethno-techno"? ;-)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now