Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Smoke Jaguar

What's your spirit animal?

Do you have a spirit animal etc? Feel free to share your experience/opinion and so on

I've met four actually. A fox, a raven, a dragon, and a lioness. I love them, they're great guides

Not on my end. I'm hoping I may find one at some point but it seems unlikely. Once upon a time I saw what might be a sort of guide when I was meditating, but it hasn't happened in quite a while.

The spotted hyena left my side some time ago, so all that remains is the the american crow. I see them frequently, and have been close to several. My friends used to take note that they often saw me just after a crow had flew in the air or called out. One of my friends said they were my spectators. Friends aside, the american crow has been with me from when I was little. I remember pointing to one of them as a child and staring at first in fear. That said, I've warmed up to them a lot. I've seen them in dreams, passing by and in my thoughts occasionally. I make sure to look up whenever I hear them. It might be likely that the common raven might give me the same effect, yet I've seen only two in my life so far, and have heard them calling only sometimes. Ravens are rare here. 

I don't exactly have a spirit animal, as that isn't a part of my culture or bloodline. A friend of mine does, however, and has told me the stories of her local chief awakening her to her spirit animal's presence, so it is very possible for someone not born of Native American blood to have a spirit animal as long as they are respectful about it and such.

However, I guess, you could say I have a spirit companion, though he isn't exactly the same thing. The way my friend who's a part of her local Native American group's religion has described it, a spirit animal is partially you at your core, but also a separate entity and companion. My spirit companion, Luficrex, is in no way me. He's entirely separate. He's a feathered Imperial dragon and crystal healer, and we share a lot of our magickal resources and experiences. He's taught me a lot important to my path, and stayed with me when things got rocky.

I believe I had a horse (specifically an Appaloosa) spirit guide for a very long time when I was younger. She manifested herself as an "imaginary friend"; my perception of her was vivid but she clearly didn't exist in the physical world. I noticed that she started to leave (visually at least, though I still feel she's with me in a much more abstract sense, which could potentially have to do with my horse-heartedness?) around the time I joined the advanced classes at my elementary school, but looking back on it I believe her intent was to offer me protection from the bullying I dealt with at a young age, which would explain why she has occasionally appeared since during times of interpersonal conflict. 

I also have a fruit bat spirit animal. He's a lot less outgoing than my dear horse friend, but I believe he is my "muse" of sorts, and usually appears during times of creativity and inspiration (which is kind of why my fursona is a fruit bat). He's definitely a very distinct personality, and definitely his own entity, but I greatly appreciate his careful supervision (superecholocation?) and the quiet motivation he gives me to express myself. 

My spirit animal was a wolf named Max. He was my protector. He was there for me. He travelled with me as a kid. And I felt save because of him. 
He has black fur. 

Red-tailed Hawk has been appearing frequently--both in literal and symbolic senses. I see at least three red tails fly overhead as I enter or leave my home each week, and occasionally along paths far from the forest. They seem to appear in a timely way before or during a decision, sometimes for social outings.

Also had recurrent dreams and visions of a green python. Seems to appear night before and after ritual days. Not reflected by any meatspace sightings of green snakes, but a witch can hope :wolfbone:

Not sure whether it counts as a spirit animal but Butterfly has always made itself known to me when something in my life is about to change in some way. Doesn't matter how big or how small the change is, Butterfly appears before, during, and after (when I recover from the change for a while, especially the kinds that have caused a lot of turmoil for me) without fail. Even physical manifestations will appear in large numbers.

My main spirit guide/totem is a wolf. I've also had experiences with River Otter, Bottlenose Dolphin, Orca and Red-Tailed Hawk. 

I have several animal spirit guides. But i don't know much about them yet unfortunately.

I have a Bear. Lion, Otter, Armadillo and an Ice Dragon with me.

My Power Animal has always been a Grizzly Bear. He has been the Totem of my family line since it was created. Then there is A, he is a Draconic (Dragon demi-human (so some scales across the body is all), but he also has claim himself to be close to that (but not entirely) a Jinn.  Lin is a Fire-drake and R is a unicorn, and then there is K, she is a Cyclopes Wyvern (she is SO cute!) 

If we're referring here to a spirit animal in terms of a personal spirit guide taking the form of an animal (as opposed to spirit/totem animals of Native beliefs) then I have one. He's always gone by the name of Sovel and appears as a roe stag. 

I have a ferret around here, she's been with me for a while now, she appears when I feel scared or uneasy.