Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Obsidian

Last movie you watched?

Kind of surprised this thread doesn't already exist here, but basically the point of this thread is to post what movie you saw last and maybe add some thoughts/recommendations about the film. I don't care about spoilers either way, just be aware others might.

The last film I watched was the 2017 Power Rangers movie. It's hard to believe such a simple premise could be shoehorned into a lackluster film, but here we are. Hard to recommend it to fans of the original and even harder to recommend to people unfamiliar with the franchise. There are many movies about monsters, evil magic, teenagers fighting the supernatural, or giant robots that do the job much better than this one did. Though that's not setting the bar high.

I watched a movie just last night that I'd recorded (granted it had adverts all the way through it).

Gravity, made in 2013.

It was... okay, I guess. The CGI was amazing, and at times you could really feel the utter fear that she experienced. But, there were flaws as well as there not being much story other than getting back to Earth. A few times my family and I were sat there going 'why didn't you do that?' 'You couldn't do that in a spacesuit' and so on and so forth.

Overall, I might watch it again if it was on, but I wouldn't actively hunt it out to watch.

I watch movies so rarely, I can never remember what the last one was. Someday I want to see Dark Crystal. I just never get around to watching movies unless I'm with someone.

...I think it was some generic dime-a-dozen jumpscare horror movie, but I can't remember the name. You can guess my opinion of it. They're fun to watch, but never memorable.

I watched Wolf Creek just like...a couple of hours ago. I also learned that I hate seeing fingers get sliced off.

War for the Planet of the Apes- just yesterday. I thought it was quite good. I'm familiar with the old ones too. 

I saw both Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes yesterday. They were on back-to-back and I watched both, so they kind of meld into one big movie for me. I liked them both quite a bit. I kinda wish I had the money to see War of the ect. so I can continue the marathon lol

I watched Orca for the first time in years today. Such a good movie, but I feel bad for the whales :(

I'm another that rarely views shows/movies. I quit a job Monday after extreme stress, so I just vegged out all day to calm down. Watched Lilo & Stitch chased by Fifth Element, with some Brooklyn 9 9 and Gravity Falls between.

Yesterday I re-watched my DVD of The Hudsucker Proxy, a comedy by the Coen brothers. It's got so many of my favorite actors in it, with a time-period of 1958 (specifically.) Fun music, fun plot, light-hearted, yet well-executed :-)

The Wedding Ringer

Good ol' buddy comedy with Kevin Hart and Josh Gad: I was surprised at the decent plot and the fact that it wasn't all gross or sex jokes. 

Fantastic Planet. Definitely an odd film, but I still really enjoyed it. I don't feel I can say much about it aside from that without spoiling it. I'd recommend watching it if you have an hour with nothing to do.

3 hours ago, Obsidian said:

Fantastic Planet. Definitely an odd film, but I still really enjoyed it. I don't feel I can say much about it aside from that without spoiling it. I'd recommend watching it if you have an hour with nothing to do.

I have the DVD. Great movie! I have been thinking of watching it again. I should also get a copy of Gandahar. It's by the same director (René Laloux) though there are two versions (original French version, and a reworked English versions.) It's still a good movie and story. The other movie by Laloux is Les Maîtres du temps or "The Time Masters" which was designed by the artist Moebius :-)

I watched UHF. An oldie but a goodie, barrel of laughs and all. I always lose it at "Conan the Librarian"

11 hours ago, Quxyun said:

I watched UHF. An oldie but a goodie, barrel of laughs and all. I always lose it at "Conan the Librarian"

UHF is awesome, one of my favorite comedies

On the note of what I saw last, I watched Master of the World last night. It's a 60's film based on two Jules Verne's stories regarding using a flying machine to bring peace to the world. A must watch for people who like whimsical stories. Oh, and did I mention it's got Vincent Price in it?

I myself just went and watched Spiderman Homecoming. Absolutely incredible movie, would definitely recommend.