Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Raijun

How did you find the Kinmunity?

40 posts in this topic

I'm always interested in odd little historical facts; piecing the little bits of reality together to form a tapestry of understanding and, with any luck, a touch of wisdom as well.

So! That said, how did everyone here find the Kinmunity? Not that I would be one to speak for it, but it's fairly self-evident that it exists and we're all here, so come on, tell us. :P

I followed another user here. I haven't been on an Otherkin-related community in four or so years, so this is as good as any to start with.

I found Wulf Howl first by googling for Otherkin forums. Then when it came to Kinmunity, I found its existence through another 'kin forum.

Honestly, I Googled 'Otherkin Forums' and this was the only one that was active at the time. Most of the other ones I've found are dead, which is a real shame.

About 5 years ago I researched aspects of myself in search for others like me. In google I typed out "I think I am an animal"

I found forums I didn't understand then I found a VIDEO some years later which had @Shiro in it as well as others who experienced the same things as I did.

It's what made me know the terms and look further into it! So from then on I would look deeper and deeper and within I'd say 2 years more groups sprouted and FB had things to join and it's been about a year now that I have devoted my time to the actual community. Whether it be helping others or learning new things about other kinds of kin.

This site? I was trying to figure out what happend to OKC and looking for places where I could ask about it. And I found this place.

About entire otherkin community: Firstly I heard about it in furry fandom, later I was jumping from wiki to wiki looking for more information and I found OKC wiki and their own forum as well.

I was originally on Wulf Howl, and wondered what the heck happened to it, so, I started talking to Shiro on a messenger. He told me what happened, and his new project for this site; so, I knew about this website for quite a while. He told me as soon as it was up for the public, and I joined the first day.

i found out through a tumblr blog called "otherkinfaq" i think, because someone linked me to it when i asked about otherkin

I took that survey a little bit ago about otherkin, and Kinmunity was one of the options for frequented sites. When I decided I wanted to participate in the otherkin community again and OKC was down, I checked it out and decided to join.

A friend of mine just recently made an account and since I had been feeling restless to join in the community a bit more recently, I figured why not join? And now here I am.

A friend of mine just recently made an account and since I had been feeling restless to join in the community a bit more recently, I figured why not join? And now here I am.

I really like how some people here share that same backstory. It can only be a good thing. I mean in addition to every other type of forum-discovery, that is.

I really like how some people here share that same backstory. It can only be a good thing. I mean in addition to every other type of forum-discovery, that is.

I definitely think it's a good thing! It means that current members hare having a good experience and saying positive things about it to others. One of the best reputation builders is word of mouth. A place can advertise that they're safe and inclusive all they want, but it's the people that are part of the community and have experienced it that tell the real story.

I think it was because I was feeling exceptionally weird and incapable of interacting comfortably in a human centric environment. I was doing a lot of general research on therians and found myself here from another website, which by the looks of things is probably defunct at this point. I'm not entirely sure but I was hesitant of a forum at first, glad I went ahead and joined anyway.

I know I've mentioned this a lot, but I had a friend that came from a strict religious family and was never able to look into paranormal or metaphysical. We'd gotten into discussions about those subjects before, and one day he sent me the link to Wulfhowl and asked my opinion; I looked through the site a couple of days before joining. My life was hectic at that time so I wasn't on as much as I wanted and lost the site when my laptop crashed, after getting a new computer I tried to look it up and got directed here.

I came here through Scandiacus, who I met on another forum way back when. Since I could feel the Unstoppable Feeling coming along, I asked if she knew of any welcoming otherkin forums where I could find people with whom to share my experience. I've been on otherkin forums in general for ages, but all of my previous haunts have since closed down. So, here I am!

I was looking for otherkin forums, not many are active or even still running. But this one was so i joined. (U◕ฺ㉨◕ฺ)ノ

Well hi! Welcome! Be sure to make an introduction thread in this forum here. Seems to be all the rage.

Oh thank you! (U •́ .̫ •̀ U) Goodness this is like the friendliest welcome ever!

No it isn't! :D I can't wait until you get to find out what the friendliest welcome ever will be. They get someone to jump out of a cake and everything. It doesn't matter how small the cake is. They find someone.

This is me being a jerk, honest.

I dunno who but someone had this site on their tumble, I checked it and here I am. I can't remember anything else, working still on my memory.

I also found it through tumblr - I don't think it was any specific blog but rather several people who mentioned it and finally I decided to actually sign up.

Ooh, well I found the kinmunity through a long and convoluted chain of communities. I joined a G+ otherkin community, and I found the pack that I was a member of through that community. I eventually left the first community due to the inability of certain members to read a source before jumping to ad-hominem attacks, but I stayed as a member of that pack. Eventually I left that pack, it just wasn't working out, and I existed as a member of the community solely on tumblr, and even then I was hardly a member of the community, (too carcinogenic for my likes). Anyways, during my time in the pack I had heard a lot about kinmunity and I decided to give it a try. So basically I learned about this community because I find it hard to stay a member of any community for too long.

I found the otherkin community through a google search something along the lines of "non human spirit". I have been on a few different forums including Wulf Howl and was mostly on Therian Wilderness (where I am technically the admin, but others have been doing most of the work lately). I found Kinmunity through the survey that was done recently.

I initially found the therian community many years back after looking up info on mythical werewolves.

I was an active member on TO's Awereness Forums until the site died. After that I mostly dropped out of taking an active part in the community.

I've been on a lot of different therian/otherkin forums, but I tend to lurk. I was on Wulf Howl for a short time and liked the site. Then I sort of dropped out of the community again for a few years and came back to find Wulf Howl gone.

I didn't really post on any sites but started lurking again. Then one day I was looking over some older topics and came across someone asking about Wulf Howl. There was a link to Kinmunity in the thread, so I came to check it out.

This place has the same kind of feel as Wulf Howl did, which is why I decided to start posting here. While I like lurking many other forums I often don't really... gel with them.

We found the online otherkin communities due to offline reference to it:

- August 2003, watched the documentary Animal Imitators which interviewed Coyote (creator of Werelist) who talked about being a were and also had a psychologist talk about "transspecies."

- 2004, a junior high friend of ours mentioned to us that there were people who were "nonhuman spirituality." (Her father practiced witchcraft/occultism and she too had heard mention of it through him).

- 2005, came read the book The Werewolf Book: The Encyclopedia of Shapeshifting Beings by Bard Steiger which included references to AHWw and had a section on “Spiritual Shape-Shifting.”

- March/April 2006, finally came across several old therianthropy websites. Things too off from there.

How we found this forum - we used to be members of Wulf Howl, and we were on other therian forums when word was spread about Wulf Howl's creation.

- Cavern-Risen (female, werewolf)

We first learned of KM when browsing the otherkin subreddit (which we had only been doing for a couple of days at this point). It was a link to a survey or something, and KM and OKC were in the title. We tried OKC first, but something was up with the site and it was broken, so we tried KM (and assumed the same would happen). It worked, and we signed up that minute

(gah I had to change all of the 'I's to 'we' because I'm super not in the habit of writing we >.> - Jake)