Gryneos

The Eldest

Gryneos    160

Well, I don't know if I am the oldest, but close to it at any rate :-)

Unlike many of my elder friends here, I haven't been Otherkin more than a decade; it's strictly my age in years to qualify me as 'elder.' However, I don't mind sharing it, for all to see. I turned 56 years of age this year (2017.)

I invite all members who are 30-ish in human-years to join, or suggest members for me to invite. I am making the cut-off age fungible because there are members who aren't quite at 30 yet are mature enough to be considered elder by their younger peers. You know how teens see anyone over 20 :p

Gryff    433

I'm likely going to be the youngest person here; I'm 28. But I've been part of the online kin community for more than half of that time, so I think I have the right perspective. I've seen how the community has changed and evolved over time.

Shezep    446

I'm 42. Round one of awakening happened when I was twelve, so that puts me at 30 years of of knowing that I'm not human on the inside. Round two, when I got the specifics happened at about 20, so going on 22 years of being deitykin. I think I may have started getting into the community around 2007. Ten years of that. It shows no sign of slowing down now. 

Amare    50

I'm older than Shezep... by like a month. lol Awakening fully clocked in a little over 8 years now ago, if I did the math right.

Tarielarwen    2

I'm 36. I've known I was 'different' to the people around me for as long as I can remember. The feeling just grew and grew. I had a really sheltered upbringing (Roman Catholic) and never learnt much about ideas outside of that. It was just NEVER spoken about.

In my teens and early twenties I just followed my own path. Feeling more alone with my 'weird ideas' but more connected to them as well. This has been both a saving grace and skipping down the garden path, completely the wrong way at times.

I heard the word otherkin when I was in my late twenties. A completely wrong passing comment which turned me away from the community entirely.  But I was always fascinated by random stories I would hear and read about individuals and small groups. I never realised they were almost certainly otherkin.

About six years ago, I started to live my life by ideas from a more specific elven and fae headspace. It felt natural to me. But still isolated and lonely.

Then, just over a month ago, I learnt what the term Otherkin - actually - meant. So many ideas that I've always felt have got words to them!! Now I'm playing this massive game of 'second school' learning my otherkin abcs. :)

It's a bit frustrating as in some ways I feel like a baby, and in other ways I've been living this way longer than some members have been alive.. :\