Shezep    446

What kinds of divination do you do? What do you use it for? What kinds have you tried? What's your favorite? 

Mostly I use tarot cards, but I admit that I'm lazy and often just use online sources. They still work. Two of my favorite sites are Facade.com and Deja Deck. As far as physical decks, I've used the standard Rider-Waite, Haindl, Osho Zen, Mythic Tarot, and Tarot of Dreams. 

There are also the synchronicities of daily life that pop up occasionally. I also like Shufflemancy (random music playlist) and my current humorous fave is the Dudeism Haikutomatic

My primary method of talking to people, usually gods, on the other side is to just meditate and go there. But there's always a question of whether or not I'm interpreting things correctly or giving in to wishful thinking. I often use the cards as a backup since it's harder to cheat with those. 

• Like 1

Nyht Myst    68

I mostly use runestone, or my case shells, and prefer to cast them though the message always comes in regardless on how exactly I use the runes or my current understanding of them.  I feel it's wrong for me to try using tarot and have no interest in  voluntarily using other forms.  I don't ignore signs given to me through things such as cloud shapes or oddly dry shapes in concrete after a rain that has no business existing but only when they are clear and defined shapes.  One of my companions has displayed the tendency to mess with my music which is always on shuffle and pick songs to get her message across until I understand.

~Nyht~

• Like 1

Now that My rushed answer is gone, time for a full one :wolfbone:

I use a wide variety of methods for divination, including observation of synchronistic events, omens, and other signs. For active divination, I keep tarot and oracle decks, pendulums, runes, shells and bones, and dice. I have plenty of crystals, salt, and bowls for scrying and gazing.

more passively, I watch for repeating numbers , especially triples, the color of the sky and clouds, the falling and movement of leaves and branches, the movement and timing of animals, and for entities to "speak" to me.

sometimes my computer, or some energy, plays certain songs in certain orders in a random playlist. Sometimes passersby are chit chatting about something strangely relevant to my day. Sometimes a tree calls me to stand beside them or delays me leaving just long enough to keep me from harm.

There's this sensation inside my left wrist that I've come to lovingly call the "witch wrist". If I ruminate on two or more options, the wrist will "highlight " ones that are going to be particularly interesting for me to choose or continue thinking about. My tarot decks often give extra detail through the witch wrist.

When I actively divine, I begin with describing an idea, question, or situation to the tools. I ask who wants to talk to me about it today. At least two tools answer, and the most enthusiastic is worked with first. I divine all kinds of topics, from a simple daily check in to life decisions to formation of new gnosis and myths. Some of my tools complain that I should work even more!

Gazing and decks are my most used and favorite tools. I tend to have a hard time communicating with entity for highest guidance. I worry, often, that my own mind will fuddle the answer. So I totally feel a similar worry, @Shezep also tarot apps are totally valid and wonderful! I switched from android to iPhone and lost my premium moon deck app... curse you apple!

@Nyht Myst how did you meet your tunes and case shells? What do they look like? Have you ever asked a question and they wouldn't answer you yet?

• High Quality 1

BirdMonster    181

I'm currently working on creating my own runes for runecasting. I have grown an interest in them after getting involved in Norse paganism and during my process of learning Elder Futhark. I already tried some runes out which weren't mine and I got the most sassiest answer back so I think that its a good sign I should try this way of divination out.

• Like 2

Nyht Myst    68
3 hours ago, Opossumblossum said:

how did you meet your tunes and case shells? What do they look like? Have you ever asked a question and they wouldn't answer you yet?

My music is either just things I like listening to or music my headmates enjoy, I have playlists for genres and personal playlists and even playlists for foreign songs; I've spent a lot of time listening to them on shuffle and have never gotten messages from music before one headmate in particular decided I wasn't listening to her so she manipulated song after song to get her message across until se felt I understood what she wanted to say.

My rune shells are simple white scallop shells, a little smaller than a US quarter with a little fingernail polish runes and a coat of clear coat. So far they've not refuse to answer any questions, they do like to answer in a round-about way by never leaving straight forward messages and they love to make strange connections or directions for me to look so that I have to piece together what they say.  I love them and their way of giving messages.

• Like 2

That's lovely! @BirdMonster my gf got stuck on wunjo for quite a while, do you feel there is any rune that poses a challenge to you, or is trying to spur you to a breakthrough?

@Nyht Myst

thats really interesting! I'm glad you can hear her messages... though she probably wishes you did without all that effort :P

when did you initially become interested in rune casting ?

Nyht Myst    68
9 hours ago, Opossumblossum said:

when did you initially become interested in rune casting ?

I've always had an interest in divination but felt like tarot would be a bad choice, it was when I started learning more about the norse religion that I was reminded of runes, and its been tge best choice since.

BirdMonster    181
23 hours ago, Opossumblossum said:

That's lovely! @BirdMonster my gf got stuck on wunjo for quite a while, do you feel there is any rune that poses a challenge to you, or is trying to spur you to a breakthrough?

Currently, it'd have to be Kenaz. The simple shape does make it show up frequently. But, I have a wooden birdfeeder and rather mysteriously, a Kenaz rune appeared on it, too deep to be bird scratches. I'm always skeptical of things like that but it has encouraged me to study it.

I have four methods for divination. Tarot cards,  Oil in water, herbal bath meditations and (this is going to seem really weird) but I have a bag of teeth.  Human and animal and none of which were obtained in any sinister kind of way.   I don't use the teeth very often.   Honestly it's mostly just cards and herbal baths.   When I even feel the need.  Urgrossmutter taught me to read tea leaves when I was a little girl but I don't really do much of that because I'm pretty strident with the tea strainer lol. 

Ooo teeth! @Helena Sheibler Where did your teeth come from and what do they like to answer? Like only really serious stuff?

i think I mostly picked them up because I DM on the run for 5e dungeons and dragons, so they are ever present and shiny and ~mine~. The dice re mostly for answering fun questions involving which rewards to give myself lol

• Like 1

@Opossumblossum  some of the teeth I inherited my great grandmother was a weird lady. She collected them and passed them on to me. And the collection has been building ever since. Mostly family member teeth and animal teeth and stuff like that.  None of which obtained in any kind of sinister way.  I think it's fair to say that they are reserved for as you say, very serious stuff  ;D  definitely not casual use.