So, is anyone else on here (or should i say Heere) a fan of any musicals?

I've been getting into that scene recently, and by recent I mean I've been obsessed with Heathers: the Musical for a year now and started listening (and watching what i can of) Be More Chill, Hamilton and Dear Evan Hansen. I'm just starting to listen to Hamilton. Another musical i want to get into is Next To Normal. 

Anyone else like musicals? Also, recommendations on which musicals to watch/listen are appreciated!! :winkwolf:

1c9d559a374effd16e851a6a805e18d75e89e8ac_hq.gif

Now you're speaking my language; I LOVE musical theatre! I was even in the shows in high school (42nd St., Annie, Wizard of Oz & West Side Story) and in community theatre too (Mame, Titanic, Scarlet Pimpernel & Fiddler on the Roof).

I've seen the following on Broadway: Rent, Cabaret, Chicago, Beauty and the Beast, Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Finding Neverland, Annie Get Your Gun & Hello Dolly. 

My personal favorites, to watch that is, have been 42nd St. (seriously, the tapping is amazing!), Phantom of the Opera and Beauty and the Beast. (I'll let you know how The Lion King is come February!)

If I had to pick one musical I'd like to be in, it would probably either be Beauty and the Beast or The Sound of Music. I'm more of a classic musical kind of fan.

• Like 1

I'm not a huge musical guy, but I do enjoy them. I hate to be boring, but my absolute favorite is Hamilton. What can I say? It's awesome. Second would be Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2017 at 1:31 PM, elinox said:

Now you're speaking my language; I LOVE musical theatre! I was even in the shows in high school (42nd St., Annie, Wizard of Oz & West Side Story) and in community theatre too (Mame, Titanic, Scarlet Pimpernel & Fiddler on the Roof).

I've seen the following on Broadway: Rent, Cabaret, Chicago, Beauty and the Beast, Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Finding Neverland, Annie Get Your Gun & Hello Dolly. 

My personal favorites, to watch that is, have been 42nd St. (seriously, the tapping is amazing!), Phantom of the Opera and Beauty and the Beast. (I'll let you know how The Lion King is come February!)

If I had to pick one musical I'd like to be in, it would probably either be Beauty and the Beast or The Sound of Music. I'm more of a classic musical kind of fan.

I haven't really been in lot Musicals for that long, but I would love suggestions on which ones to check out. Thanks!

On 12/5/2017 at 6:42 PM, Gryff said:

I hate to be boring, but my absolute favorite is Hamilton.

I wouldn't say you're boring. Honestly, Hamilton is a great musical, so I can see why its you're favorite. When I first posted this, I was literally just getting into it. And now I'm absolutely obsessed. 

On 12/9/2017 at 12:48 PM, ThisIsImportant said:

I haven't really been in lot Musicals for that long, but I would love suggestions on which ones to check out. Thanks!

It really depends on what sorts of stories you enjoy. Are you a classics fan? Try anything by Rogers and Hammerstein (Sound of Music, South Pacific, Okalahoma!, etc.) or from the older era of Hollywood when musicals were popular. I love anything Gene Kelly's been in, for example.

If you're more of a modern fan, check out Broadway.com and you'll see what's popular with the Tony's and what's trending. Obviously, Hamilton tops the list, but it's a really new musical. There's also stuff like Wicked, The Lion King and Kinky Boots which are wildly popular. 

If you prefer more somber stories with serious undertones, Fiddler on the Roof, West Side Story, etc.

For more lighthearted, go the Disney route with Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, etc.

Honestly, I haven't seen or been in a musical that I disliked. (Accept for West Side Story, but that's because I hate Romeo and Juliet. ;) )

• Like 1

It's true, there are musicals for pretty much everyone, as long as you like music. Musicals have a stereotype for being for a certain type of person, but honestly, there's a ton of variety.