Blog privacy levels - 💡 ​​​Suggestion Box - Kinmunity Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Blog privacy levels

I'm told that on the old forum (which I was not a part of) that there were different privacy levels for blogs.

Viewable by all (including guests)

Viewable by members only

Only you

Would it be possible to implement different privacy levels for the blogs on this site? 

I think this would be a great idea, not everyone wants their posts shared with anyone who happens upon them... especially if it’s a chat with a good friend or something told in confidence, I have heard of Kinmunity, and by the time I joined it, it was already version 2.0, I hope that this suggestion can be implemented, it would make this community even better in my opinion!

Hi, I am looking into a way to implement this.

Currently, you are able to restrict your blog so that it can only be viewed by yourself and members of your choosing.

Naia "Shiro" Ōkami (keybase)
Site Administrator & Founder

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

It is in the settings when you create or edit your blog:

1b6n859.png

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

Any updates on this?

Also I believe the privacy option is still not visible to regular members. I can see it, but that could be a permissions thing as I'm staff?

• Informative 1

Velvet, Community Manager :teeheej:
If you need any help, have questions or would just like to chat please feel free to send me a message!

Kinmunity's Library | Our Staff Team | Help DocumentsSupport Requests

The option does not appear for me. I'm hoping we can eventually just set it to members only, like we can with profiles now. But it may take some time to work out.

1 hour ago, Velvet Wings said:

Also I believe the privacy option is still not visible to regular members. I can see it, but that could be a permissions thing as I'm staff?

9 minutes ago, Amber said:

Strange, I can see the option under "Manage Blog -> Edit Blog".

After reading @Velvet Wings' post, I fixed the problem that was preventing members from being able to choose between the existing privacy settings, but I had forgotten to reply here that I have done so. As far as restriction by user group goes, I'm still working on that. We recently introduced a similar option for member profiles. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Addy said:

The option does not appear for me. I'm hoping we can eventually just set it to members only, like we can with profiles now. But it may take some time to work out.

Are you currently using mobile or desktop? I recently (as in today) fixed the problem that prevented people from being able to set their privacy using the existing options.

I'm not sure if that would be acceptable. It doesn't seem like it would be, since we already have blogs, and theres no reason to clutter up the forum with personal blog threads. Its not a big deal, I can wait for the option to be implemented. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 1:48 PM, Naia said:

After reading @Velvet Wings' post, I fixed the problem that was preventing members from being able to choose between the existing privacy settings, but I had forgotten to reply here that I have done so. As far as restriction by user group goes, I'm still working on that. We recently introduced a similar option for member profiles. 🙂

I’m bringing this back up because I’ve been wanting to use the blogs area as a sort of journal, but I wanted to limit it to members only, and currently my options are everyone (including guests) or staff members, so you’re working on a middle option? Thanks!

You can choose what members you want to see your blog. Right now only two people can see mine, since no one else seemed to have any interest in it. But I'm still waiting for the members only option, so I can just set it to members only, rather than just sharing it with two people.

52 minutes ago, Addy said:

You can choose what members you want to see your blog. Right now only two people can see mine, since no one else seemed to have any interest in it. But I'm still waiting for the members only option, so I can just set it to members only, rather than just sharing it with two people.

Right, yeah, I forgot that you can limit it to specific members. Yeah I don’t really care if general members can see it but I don’t feel like listing people out so I haven’t messed with the privacy yet or posted in it.

@Addy @Jethero @Cipher @AshenFall and @Velvet,

I have engaged a developer on the IPS Marketplace regarding custom creation of a plugin that will allow this feature, as I am still new to developing for the IPS platform.

spacer.png

The quote for development of this plugin that I was given from a reputable developer in the IPS community is $175. 

spacer.png

If you would like to help fund this feature, please send me a private message. DO NOT donate normally, as contributions made for a single feature need to be kept separate from the main pool to ensure they'll be used for that purpose only.